Trust & A Troubled Mind

Love is Sin [HIATUS]

Lu Han glanced beside him and watched Ju Ree silently walk beside him. He was wondering what she was thinking. Was she angry at him still? Was he being annoying when he actually picked her up? Was she thinking about burning the white rose he got her? Lu Han wanted to just have the power of knowing what Ju Ree was thinking, so he could calm the storm in his mind and heart. 

"Are you angry?" he finally asked the dreaded question. 

Silence answered him instead and he wanted to scream. 

"Do you want me to leave?" he asked another question that was in his mind. 

Ju Ree stopped walking for a second, but carried on. She shook her head softly. Lu Han secretly sighed in relief. He found the change to study Ju Ree once again. Her silky, pale skin. Her dark, chocolate hair. Her crimson, red eyes. His favorite thing about her, physical-wise, was her eyes. The eyes that stared at him every single day, bright and beautiful. He loved them the most when her eyes smiled at him, when he got to make her laugh. God, he loved her eyes. 

But, chocolate brown eyes stared right back at him instead. Lu Han snapped out of it and noticed Ju Ree's questioning expression. 

"W-What is it?" she said, touching her face,"Is there something on my face?"

Lu Han immediately shook his head,"No! I-I was just thinking." 

"Oh." Ju Ree looked away from him.

They walked in silence again. 

So much was going on in both the demon and angel's mind. The more each of them thought, the more confused, scared, and frustrated they became. They thought similar things about one another. And both just wanted to just give up and tell the other how they really felt. 

But, no. That was impossible. Real feelings were impossible. Forbidden. Insane. Out of the ordinary. Just impossible. Real feelings were to be kept hidden. Real feelings could be deadly. That was just the way it had to be. Their worlds were too far apart, literally. Plus, neither of them wanted to put the other in danger. That was the last thing they wanted.

Lu Han let out a shaky breath,"I-I'm sorry."

Ju Ree's head snapped in his direction, her eyes full of shock. "N-No-"

"I acted out of place. I shouldn't keep you from doing what you want." he mumbled, dishearted.

Ju Ree grimaced,"Lu Han, I'm the one who should apologize to you. I was too harsh earlier today. I know you were just worried about me. You have nothing to be sorry for, Lu Han. I'm sorry and thank you. Without you, I wouldn't be here, I would probably be dead or back home and dead. Either way, I wouldn't be as happy as I am right now...with you."

Lu Han felt his heart flutter. Now that was something he didn't expect. "Ju Ree..." he whispered as he stared into her eyes. He brushed his fingers across her cheek and pushed a strand of her behind her ear. He smiled at her,"Let's go home." Luhan held out his hand to her. 

Ju Ree smiled back at him and grabbed his hand. His hand was much bigger than hers and stronger...and gentle...and warm...and safe. Ju Ree stared at their intertwined hands. There was nothing wrong with the gesture. Well there was. But at the moment, they didn't care. They ignored their worries and and allowed their minds to only focus on each other. 

"I trust you." Ju Ree whispered. With my whole being, with my life, and with my heart. 

Lu Han never felt more happy in his entire life. It was like he understood that their was more meaning to her words. 

"I trust you too." 

 

Lu Han was eyeing the city beyond him with his arms crossed. Standing next to him were Tao and Sehun, the youngest Archangels of Heaven. Lu Han had to work the next couple of nights or else Suho or someone would visit him again. 

Tao sighed,"It's going to be a long night." 

Sehun nodded and kept a look out,"It's been quiet recently too." 

Lu Han glanced at him,"Has it been like this recently?" 

"Well, apparently it has." Tao spoke up,"We don't know what' happening. And we don't know if it's either good or bad." 

"All we do know is that on the other side, it's been too quiet." Sehun added with uncertainty."We've got to be careful. They could be planning something. He could."

Lu Han kept his eyes back on the city and let out a sigh,"Well, if he is going to do something, we'll be prepared. Plus, Lucifer would never harm humans himself, it's his subjects that do the real harm. He just runs Hell. He hardly ever rises up to earth."

Sehun growled lowly,"Doesn't change the fact that he's still the Betrayer. He's pure evil. They all are."

Lu Han secretly scowled. Not all of them. Right away, Lu Han saw Ju Ree's unforgettable smile in his mind and his heart fluttered. He eyed his watch,"That's it for tonight."

 

Lu Han appeared in front of his door, mentally tired. He grabbed his keys and opened the door. Lu Han was welcomed by the warmth of his home and the smell of Ju Ree's homemade cooking. He walked inside, took off his shoes, and found Ju Ree in the kitchen cooking. She was cutting things up while watching something on the iPad. Her eyes narrowed in concentration, blowing away the strands of hair getting in her way of reading the recipe. 

Leaning against the wall and crossing his arms, Lu Han watched Ju Ree's every move with a sincere smile on his face. It felt like a dream to go home to a scene like this.

"I'm home." he stated as casually as possible. It still made his heart flutter at the fact that he was living ike a normal couple with Ju Ree. It was wrong, but it felt right.

Ju Ree eyes brightened as she looked up with a happy smile,"Welcome back!" she greeted. She was wearing her pink apron and her crimson eyes welcomed him,"I'm almost done with dinner! I've been practicing cooking this recipe all day! How was...uh work?"

Lu Han froze as he was taking off his jacket, he looked lost at what to say,"It was...quiet?"

Ju Ree pursed her lips and nodded,"That's good, I guess." she glanced at Lu Han and watched him place his jacket on the chair. He loosened his tie along with undoing a few buttons. He ruffled his hair with his hands and caught Ju Ree staring at him. Lu Han smirked,"In love with me yet?"

Ju Ree blushed and turned around, pretending she was looking at the food,"W-What are you talking about?" she pouted, I've already been idiot! Ju Ree grimaced at her thoughts. No, no, NO! Ju Ree slammed her hands on the counter.

Lu Han jumped a bit from surprise and he glanced at her,"You okay? I was just joking!" he awkwardly laughed and headed towards the stairs,"I-I'm going to shower real quick."

"A-Alright. Dinner will be ready then." she stammered and continued cooking. When Lu Han was gone, she hit herself on the head,"I'm such an idiot." 

 

"Aah, that was great!" Lu Han wiped his mouth with a table napkin,"You're getting better at cooking!" 

Ju Ree proudly grinned,"I studied hard and got a few tips from Mrs. Lee. I told her some of your favorite foods and she gave me easy recipes." 

Lu Han stared at Ju Ree and she stopped smiling,"W-why are you staring at me like that? You've been doing that a lot lately." her cheeks were tinted red.

Lu Han chuckled and shook his head,"Nothing, I'm just happy you know my favorite kinds of food. It makes me happy you're learning for my sake. Thanks, Ju Ree."

Ju Ree blushed even more and she huffed,"I-It's no big deal! You've done a lot for me...so, whatever!" she stood up abruptly and started cleaning.

"Awe, I wasn't done!" he pouted cutely.

Ju Ree's eye twitched for a second,"T-Too bad!" Ju Ree stuck her tongue and continued taking the dishes to the sink.

Lu Han let out a snicker and started to help her,"I'll clean up today, you must be tired from work. You shouldn't have to clean up on your days off."

"It's nothing though." Ju Ree shrugged,"I don't mind really. It's the first time I've ever had an actual normal job. It's kind of fun." she smiled,"They're all nice, the boys I mean." Ju Ree saw Lu Han's dark expression and quickly added,"But, I like Mrs. Lee the most of course, ha ha ha!"

Lu Han cheerfully smiled and agreed,"Mrs. Lee is nice." 

She let out a shakey breath and nodded,"She's very energetic too. It's amazing how she can do so much at her age." Ju Ree laughed,"The other day, she was carrying this heavy crate, oh Mr. Lee got so angry. He was yelling,'What did I hire those young boys for?!' Mrs. Lee of course ignored her husband." 

"You're probably going to be the same way when you're older, I can see it perfectly." Lu Han smirked and Ju Ree shot him a look. He laughed,"I think it'll suit you. It's a compliment!" 

Ju Ree giggled,"Well, I'll need to find someone who'll try to tame me like Mr. Lee." Lu Han laughed along with her until both of them slowly became silent. 

It'd be nice if I could... Lu Han didn't even finish his thought, instead he sadly smiled," I hope he'll be a good man for you." Lu Han softly stated. He smiled at her,"You deserve a man who will protect you and make you happy for the rest of your life." 

Ju Ree felt her heart crack into bits as Lu Han stated the words she didn't want to hear. She wanted to hear something else that she knew couldn't happen, no matter how many times she dreamed of it. Ju Ree looked away from Lu Han,"I-I forgot something at the shop. The c-cake that JR wanted to give me. I'll be right back!" she quickly stated and rushed away. 

Lu Han firmly stayed where he was and kept his eyes lowered, full of sorrow. He knew her well enough now. Lu Han could confidently know what she was feeling. And since he could see it, Lu Han would have no choice but to ignore it. 

He closed his eyes and clenched his teeth. Damn it. 

 

Ju Ree raced down the crowded streets of Seoul. Running, running until she couldn't anymore. When she stopped she was in front of the place she would feel the safest, second to her home with Lu Han. Her home... She panted hard and held on to her knees. Ju Ree felt like crying. She wanted to cry out her frustrations to the world. To Lucifer. To God. The unfairness of the world was too much for her to cooperate with, and she just wanted to erase everything. Her frustration turned to anger. Then it was anger to saddness once again. Ju Ree was at a loss at what to do. She was lost. 

Should she follow her heart? Which was telling her to just the world and just accept her love for him. Because it was so wrong, yet so freaking right. Because she would be truly happy...with him by her side. With him, she could go against any challenge or obstacle thrown at her. Because it was Lu Han, the guy...the angel she was in love with.  

Or should she follow her mind? Which was saying that love was stupid and impossible and deadly; that it was wise to not let those forbidden feelings get released, instead to tuck them inside the deepest parts of her heart, because that was safe and right. Because she was a demon, but no ordinary demon, she was the Princess of the Underworld. And he was one of the Seven Archangels of Heaven. 

Ju Ree let out a soft cry and covered her face. I'm tired of this. It's obvious there's something between us. It's so damn obvious. I won't believe any of that bull Lu Han was sprouting. I don't care anymore. I'm done pretending like I don't feel anything. If he's not going to do anything about it, I will.

Ju Ree let out a deep sigh and looked up at the cafe before her. They were still open and she could see a few customers still there. The door bells chimed, alarming the store someone was at the door. 

"Welcome- Ju Ree?" Mark scratched his head. He noticed her sad eyes and frowned a bit, "W-What are you doing here? Is everything alright?"

Ju Ree smiled,"Uh, I need to buy a cake."