Name

Love is Sin [HIATUS]

Ju Ree soared through the night sky. It was dark, but the moon lit her way through the black sky. She knew she was being followed, but he wasn't doing anything to her. Her wound made her fly slow. It was a perfect chance for him to attack and kill her. Yet, he didn't. He just followed her slowly and quietly. She could hear his wings beat against the sky. Her heart tightened, grateful and scared. 

Her hair danced along with the wind. She glanced back and saw his face. Half hidden by the darkness, half kissed by the light of the moon. Ju Ree furrowed her eyebrows in confusion and turned back around. She didn't know what he was doing. Was he just torturing her? Or was he giving her time before her final moment? Was he being...nice?

Ju Ree couldn't take it anymore and landed on a building roof. She sat down on the ground, tired and exhausted. She followed the angel with her eyes as he descended to the ground. His white attire was shining brightly against the light. It suited him well, the light. Was his personality dark? A total contrast? Just like her. The dark complimented her, but her character was too full of light, she could be mistaken as an angel. 

Here they were. 

An angel with a demonic nature. 

A demon with an angelic identity. 

Their makeup full of deceit. 

"Why are you following me? Aren't you going to kill me already?" Ju Ree softly demanded. "Or are you really an angel and you'll just let me live?"

"That's what you think. I'm just letting death catch up with you." the angel sneered. "You evil darkness, I'll end you right here, right now.Then, I will slowly exterminate all of you pathetic creatures and rid evil of this world." 

"Go ahead." Ju Ree lifelessly spoke.

"What?" the angel scoffed.

"It's always going to be like this. Always the same thing. You angels kill a demon. Us demons kill an angel. It's just a never ending, sick war...No one ever looks at us. You just assume we're all mean, rough, and pure evil. You think we're evil?! Huh, please, you angel, you make me sick. It's ironic how you think we're evil doers, when you slay, kill, slaughter my kind! Innocent families you've angels have killed!" Ju Ree was now letting out all the frustration she's kept inside out.

The angel blinked, speechless. Ju Ree continued, now tears of anger and pain fell along her face.

 "But...I shouldn't ridicule you angels since us demons have done the same, I admit that. And I'd apologize all over again if I could. There have been so many lives that have died, both angels and demons, for such a silly battle for what? To slay all good? To slay all evil? Nonsense, the world cannot survive without one or the other. It's the balance of nature. One cannot simply win or this would be an imperfect world. So, I don't care! If I die, at least I won't get to experience this sickening war any longer! I won't have to witness anymore pain in this world. I'd rather die and sadly, I'll be slain by such angelic, pure hands." Ju Ree cried out, tired of everything. 

If she were to die that night, she accepted it. And if she were to die by the hands of the enemy, she welcomed it. Maybe it'd open up her fathers eyes to have listen to her at the time. Ju Ree knew her father would retaliate against Heaven, making the war even larger and more lives at stake. Ju Ree was at a loss. She alone could not stop a war that has been going on for thousands of years. 

"You...say words I'd never thought a demon would ever speak. You speak of peace and an end to this war. You speak of truth...you, a demon would? You are interesting." the angel mumbles. He stared deep into her eyes. Ju Ree watched as he moved towards her, gently. He then knelt down in front of her. 

"Just do your job and kill me." Ju Ree whispered. 

"I don't feel like you should die...I've never felt any kind of mercy towards...demons, but you're the first. I felt like it would be wrong." he said, softly. It was like he couldn't believe himself either. 

"Why now? Why do you stop to have mercy now? Is it because I actually speak my thoughts and opinions?! Why now!?" Ju Ree shouted and pushed him back a bit, her blood staining his white suit. 

"...I don't know." the angel mumbles. Entirely confused. 

"You're weird." Ju Ree scoffed. 

The angel smirked,"I could say the same for you." 

"...so you won't kill me?" Ju Ree asks. 

The angel shook his head,"I won't, I give you my word." 

"Why?" Ju Ree asked out loud. "I don't understand." 

I don't understand, myself. The angel thought to himself.

The angel stared at Ju Ree. He studied her features. She was no where near the appearance of a demon. She wasn't ugly, deformed, or had horns on her head. Her doe eyes were a beautiful, crimson red color. Her hair flowed passed her shoulders, the color of silky, dark chocolate. Her face was even fairer than his. She was beautiful, goddess-like. If possible, even more gorgeous than a goddess. He had seen plenty of she-demons, but none were like her. She didn't have any demonic characteristics at all.

The angel, Lu Han, was intrigued. He never felt anyway like this before. It was a whole new feeling. He felt like he didn't want to her hurt, ever. She was different, a good different. And he liked that. Lu Han followed all the commands of his father, Michael. His only job was to protect Heaven and defeat all demons. Every. Single. One. Lu han couldn't comply with that job this time. This demon, this beautiful demon wouldn't die by his hands. It felt wrong, like a sin. 

"What's your name, demon?" Lu Han asked gently.

"It's not worth knowing, angel." Ju Ree raised her brow at him, she gave him a crooked smile.

Lu Han chuckled and his sword disappeared from his hands, he clasped his hands together,"I'd like to see how much worth your name could mean to me."

Ju Ree gazed at him in wonder. Was he flirting with her? Ju Ree narrowed her crimson eyes at him,"What if the worth was nothing?" 

His icy blue eyes bore into hers, challenging her question,"Then nothing would be all I ever wanted, just to know your name."

"Why are you flirting with me?" Ju Ree blushed as she asked that question. His answer had blown her away completely and left her confused as ever. This whole night was weird. 

Lu Han's eyes widened and he just realized he was indeed flirting, with a demon!

Lu Han smiled,"Why? I can't?"

Ju Ree frowned,"This is wrong! What kind of angel flirts with a demon?"

"Me." Lu Han casually sat down on the ground and playfully smiled back.

He's never acted this way before. So childish and comfortable, especially with a stranger, never the less a demon. It didn't feel like he was doing anything bad. Maybe he was, but it was quite enjoyable. 

"You're flirting back as well." Lu Han smirked. "You like me already?"

Ju Ree blushed even more. Her cheeks matching the color of her eyes. Lu Han found it adorable. 

"N-No! I wouldn't like a angelic-demon-like thing like you!" Ju Ree jumbled a bunch of words together. She didn't make any sense. Ju Ree didn't know what was wrong with her and why she was so flustered. 

"Well, if you won't admit it, I like you." he confidently stated. His eyes weren't as cold as before. They had more life in them, but they were serious at the same time. 

"You like me? Yeah, you're a weird angel." Ju Ree winced, remembering she had a wound. How could she forget? "Well, since you're not going to kill me," Ju Ree stood up and staggered a bit,"I'll go first." 

She had rested enough, her wound was sort of healing. The blood had stopped, but the wound was still painful. Lu Han stood up as well, he grabbed her arm once he noticed her unbalanced step. 

"Don't bother...you shouldn't be helping or even 'liking' me. Let's just go separate ways before this whole thing gets messy." Ju Ree smiled at him and pushed his arm away,"Sorry, I got your jacket bloody." 

"I really do like you, as a person." Lu Han said. "And I really do want to know your name." 

Ju Ree stared at him, contemplating if she should really give her name out so casually. 

"What's your name?" Ju Ree asked back. 

He smiled,"Lu Han." 

"Lu Han..." Ju Ree mumbled to herself. 

"Well...don't I get a name back?" Lu Han smirked. 

Given much thought, Ju Ree sighed, utterly defeated. His charm was too much for her to handle. What am I doing?

"Ju Ree...my name is Ju Ree."