Work

Love is Sin [HIATUS]

"I need to work." Ju Ree stated, facing Lu Han who was inches away from her face.

"No."

"Yes!"

"No!

"YES!"

"NO!"

"We could go at this for a while, Lu Han. I WILL work. I don't need your approval." Ju Ree crossed her arms and looked away from the angel.

Lu Han ran his fingers through his hair,"Ju Ree, it's dangerous. What if an angel walks into this coffee shop you mention? What then? You'll be in danger!"

"I...I can defend myself!" Ju Ree argued. 

"Oh and you crying back then a week ago was showing me you're able to defend yourself?!" Lu Han firmly narrowed his eyes.

Ju Ree frowned at him,"T-That's different! I was caught off guard. I am able to defend myself! Remember, I did against you and your other six friends, a.k.a the Seven Archangels of Heaven! And you bringing that up was a low blow, Lu Han! I start on Monday morning." she turned away from him and headed up stairs to her room. 

Lu Han sat down on the couch and rested his head on his hands. He let out a deep sigh,"What do I do?"

Ju Ree laid down on her bed and hugged a pillow. She kicked her feet in frustration and stared at her ceiling,"What do I do?"

 

It was Monday morning, the day Ju Ree would start work at the coffee shop. She dressed in a black v-neck, jeans, and some sneakers. Ju Ree threw on her jacket and grabbed her purse. Once she opened the room to her door, she faced a scowling Lu Han. 

Before she opened , Lu Han held up his hand,"You may go work at this coffee shop under two conditions."

"What-"

"One, I must go with you and check out the place."

"But-"

"Two, you must notify me with a text or call if something is wrong." 

"Okay-"

"Three, I'll take you to the shop and pick you up right after." Lu Han concluded. 

"That's three conditions." Ju Ree pointed out with a irritated look.

"Yeah, I just added the last one and will probably add more conditions. Here's a phone to contact me with. And, let's get going." Lu Han grabbed Ju Ree's hand and led her away. 

Ju Ree rolled her eyes and didn't bother answering him. He didn't really give her a choice in the matter. So, she shut up and let Lu Han lead her, though he didn't even know where it was. 

 

They arrived in front the shop, Mr. & Mrs. Cafe. It seemed quite popular with locals, but was a hole in the corner for the rest of Seoul. It had quite adorable exterior. Cute drawings on the windows and a decorated board of the day's specials. The cafe was two story with an outdoor patio on the top. When Mrs. Lee described the shop to Ju Ree as a regular old coffee shop, she was expecting something plain. Mrs. Lee was way off with her description.  

"Wow." Lu Han marveled at the sight of the shop. "Are you sure this is a coffee shop. It's a freaking awesome cafe. I thought it'd be boring and unpopular." 

"I thought so too...Mrs. Lee just kept saying coffee shop, she didn't mention this." Ju Ree mumbled and walked up to the door. A bell ringed as she opened it and Ju Ree stepped inside. The interior was something to be amazed by. It wasn't as big as other modern cafes, it was just the right size. The aura was comforting and homey. Mrs. Lee was sitting down at a table, reading a book and sipping some coffee. 

"Mrs. Lee!" Ju Ree called out to her friend.

Mrs. Lee glanced up and smiled,"Oh, Ju Ree you made it!" she stood up and greeted the young girl with a hug,"I'm glad you're here. How do you like the place?" 

"It's wonderful! You made it sound like a rundown place. This is amazing!" Ju Ree commented truthfully and smiled,"I'm excited to work here."

"Oh, we actually hired an interior decorator to change up the place. We weren't getting much customers, so we decided to change the place into something more fun and popular. But, trust me dear, it really was a boring old place. My husband was a bit reluctant to change, but I convinced him. I'm glad you like it." Mrs. Lee giggled and clapped her hands. Her eyes wandered to Lu Han, who was glancing around the place. 

Ju Ree followed her eyes and coughed,"Uh, this is my roomate." she tugged Lu Han's arm. 

Lu Han turned to Mrs. Lee and casted her a bright smile,"Hello, I'm Lu Han. Ju Ree told me a lot about your shop. I wanted to make sure to meet you and find out where it was so I can pick her up at night. Please take care of her for me!" he beamed and bowed to Mrs. Lee.

"What a fine, handsome young roomate. You didn't tell me he was good looking, dear. My word, you're more handsome than my husband when he was younger. Tch, if only I was born your generation!" Mrs. Lee snapped her fingers with mischief. 

"Oh, well, sorry for being your ugly husband. I could say the same thing about you, Bi." an old man walked next to Mrs. Lee. Even though he was old, Ju Ree could tell he was quite handsome when he was young. Mrs. Lee must've been beautiful too, since her skin was still a bit smooth and full of life. 

"Oh, Jongie darling, this is the girl I told you about at the market the other day!" Mrs. Lee hugged her husband's arm. "This is my husband Lee Jong Kyu." 

"So, she's the girl you chatted with for over an hour and made me wait on my dinner? I see, pleasure to meet you. I hope my wife didn't threaten you in any way to be our new slave. She tends to do that on her free days, might I warn you." Mr. Lee snickered.

Mrs. Lee smacked her hushand's arm without any mercy and smiled dearly at Ju Ree and Lu Han,"Don't listen to my husband. He's old and doesn't know what he's talking about anymore."

"Yes, yeobo, you're quite young yourself." Mr. Lee muttered and ranway before his wife could hit him. "She's very abusive too! So watch out, girl!" he called out before going up stairs. 

Mrs. Lee scratched her head,"Aish, the trouble he gives me! That's what husbands do. Anyways, Lu Han, you seem like a fine gentleman! Maybe you'd like to work here too?"

Lu Han's eyes brightened a like child getting candy,"REALLY?"

Ju Ree glared at him.

Lu Han gulped,"U-Uh, I-I'm scared- I mean, I possibly can't!" he let out a nervous laugh. Ju Ree innocently smiled at Mrs. Lee,"Oh, Mrs. Lee, you're funny. Now, Lu Han go home." 

The bell ringed, and a guy rushed in,"I'm here Mrs. Lee! Sorry, I'm late!" the guy gasped and panted. Mrs. Lee, Ju Ree, and Luhan turned to face the tired, gasping boy holding his knees. He was breathing quite heavily and looked as if he was going to pass out any minute.

"Is he okay?" Ju Ree asked Mrs. Lee, off to the side. Ju Ree never saw someone as tired looking as him.

Mrs. Lee giggled and waved it off,"Oh, he'll be fine. He's always so energetic, so him being tired is a miracle. But, soon he'll be back to normal. This is Wang Ka Yee. He goes by Jackson though. He's one of the boys working at the cafe." Mrs. Lee smiled.

"O-One of the b-boys?" Lu Han stuttered.

Mrs. Lee had a evil glint in her eyes,"Yes. There are seven other boys working here. That's why I need a girl. The other girl quit because the job getting in the way of her studying. The main theme in this shop is one boy waiter and one girl waiter. Hence the name, Mr. & Mrs. Cafe! Brilliant, right?"

"She's going to be working with one of them?!" Lu Han gawked and pointed to Jackson, who just noticed the two new faces. 

Mrs. Lee nodded and Ju Ree shrugged. Work was work, she didn't mind working with others, it was a good exercise to blending in. Plus, it was a lot better than being stuck at home all day. Lu Han, at least, could leave cause of his job, which she remembered had something to do with slaying her own kind. 

"B-B-But-" Lu Han continued to stutter and Mrs. Lee grinned,"B-B-But what, dear? Did you think you could keep her all to yourself?"

Lu Han shook his head quickly, his fluffy hair swaying along the direction of his moving head,"I-It's not that! I just didn't know there were other workers." Including boys, Lu Han gravely thought. He didn't know why, but he felt this burning passion to just take Ju Ree out of the shop with seven male workers. He didn't feel comfortable for some unknown reason. 

Jackson smiled at Ju Ree,"You'll be the new girl? Nice to meet you, I'm Wang Jackson, or Jackson Wang! Aha, it's the same thing really, huh? I  hope we get along well! I just know we'll be good friends." he gave her a friend wink, which Lu Han lowkey growled at. 

Ju Ree giggled and bowed her head,"I'm Ju Ree and I'll be working here today. Please take care of me and I do hope we become good friends! It's nice knowing someone else around here besides...him." Ju Ree motioned to a red faced Lu Han, who pouted.

"What's wrong with me?" Lu Han asked himself.

Mrs. Lee heard him and patted his shoulder,"Oh, nothing's wrong. You're quite perfect. Now, you can come in anytime you want, Lu Han! You're face can bring in a lot of females...maybe even some males..." Mrs. Lee laughed and Lu Han touched his perfect face. 

"What are you still doing here?" Ju Ree stared at Lu Han with a hand on her hip,"I thought you were on your way home?" she hinted with a bit of force. 

Lu Han stuck his head in the air,"Since you'll have more male workers, the conditions have changed! I demand to meet all of these workers, if you don't mind Mrs. Lee." he beamed at her with his famous angelic smile.

Mrs. Lee felt a bit dazed by his bright smile and she pinched his cheeks,"I don't see why not."

Ju Ree's mouth dropped and Lu Han clapped,"Alright!" 

Jackson looked at Lu Han and grinned coyly,"So, are you her over-protected boyfriend or something?"

Luhan wasn't sure if he should be nice to him just yet. He coldly eyed Jackson, who didn't seem to notice the cold aura radiating from Lu Han,"And what if I am?"

Jackson elbowed Ju Ree playfully,"He's quite the looker, huh? Good job girl!" Lu Han felt that horrible feeling at his gut when he saw the small skinship Jackson initiated towards Ju Ree.

Ju Ree rolled her eyes and shot Lu Han look,"He's not my boyfriend, nor will he ever be! Now, go Luhan! Stop playing the jealous boyfriend."

Lu Han knew it was true, but he still felt hurt by Ju Ree's words. Was him being there and caring about Ju Ree really bothering her that much? Lu Han sadly smiled at Mrs. Lee,"I guess I'll meet them another time. See you around Mrs. Lee." 

He then walked passed Ju Ree without saying a word and left the shop. Ju Ree was left speechless and started to feel that aweful feeling of guilt. Was he hurt by her words? Probably. She didn't mean to sound harsh, but it came out a lot worst that she expected. Ju Ree casted her eyes downwards. Jackson and Mrs. Lee felt the awkward tension.

"Well, I'll show you around first and grab you a uniform! Jackson make sure when everyone arrives, they're notified about Ju Ree, okay?"

Jackson saluted with a bright smile,"Yes, ma'am!" 

Mrs. Lee pulled Ju Ree along beside her to the locker room. She squeezed her shoulders softly and pretended not to notice the sad expression on Ju Ree's face. 

"Alright, let's find your size." Mrs. Lee smiled at Ju Ree and looked for a proper uniform. The two woman headed towards the back room and Mrs. Lee looked for Ju Ree's uniform. Ju Ree was sitting on a chair, looking at the ground. Luhan's sad face was planted in her mind and Ju Ree felt horrible. 

"Here, this should fit you." Mrs. Lee held out a white dress, a small veil, and a red apron with white flower designs. "I know, but it's the uniform requirement. I tried to pick a dress that would be simple and perfect. Now, Lu Han won't have to worry because it's not too short and it's not too long to trip on! Here, try it on dear."

Ju Ree went to try it on in the bathroom. Once the dress was on Ju Ree looked at the full length mirror hanging on the wall. She twirled around in it and smiled. It wasn't that heavy nor was it too poofy. Ju Ree thought it was rather cute and unique for a uniform. She placed the veil headband and red apron on. She went out and smiled at Mrs. Lee,"How do I look?"

"Oh,only if Lu Han was here. You look adorable! Does the dress fit you alright?" Mrs. Lee eyed Ju Ree with a happy smile,"Oh, I can't wait till you meet your partner!" 

"P-partner?" Ju Ree asked.

Mrs. Lee giggled,"You know, your husband-to-be! Oh, I think I hear the rest of the boys, come on! I'll leave the introducing to Jackson, but I'll lead you in. I have to go to an appointment in a bit, so I can't really show you the strings, but I'll let the boys take care of you!" She grabbed Ju Ree's arm and lead her through the back door. "Boys! Here' our bride! Now, I have to go to my appointment, so take care of her, alright!" Mrs. Lee waved as she walked out the door.  

Ju Ree blushed as she eyed the six boys in front of her. All of them were sitting around or on a table, staring at her. All six of them were handsome and cute, too much for Ju Ree to handle.

One of them stood up with a big smile as he approached her,"Hello, my name's Im Jae Bum. But I go by JB. I'm the manager of the coffee shop. 20 years old. Sophmore in college. Single." he winked as he held out his hand. Ju Ree slowly placed her hands on his and he gave it a quick peck. She grabbed her hand quickly and placed it against her chest,"Uh, okay."

"Sorry about him, he's a bit flirty when he see's a cute girl." another boy came besides JB and shoved him away. He turned to Ju Ree with a wink and rubbed his thumb across his lip,"I'm Park Jin Young. The nickname is JR. I'm also 20 and I'm the baker...or well baker-in-training, ha ha!" 

Ju Ree smiled at him,"Nice too meet you JR-ssi-"

"Oh, no need to be formal. JR is fine." JR laughed and waved his hands in the air. 

JB pouted,"Wow, she didn't greet me." he pointed to himself. He looked to his other friends but they all just shrugged.

The next boy ran up to Ju Ree,"I'm Bambam, a.k.a the cutest! I'm Thai and my name's reeaaallly hard to pronounce. It's a tongue twister. I'm 17 and almost legal! Uh, I mostly help in the kitchen and stuff!" he grinned and laughed.

"I'm Yugyeom," the tallest one raised his hand. He was sitting on a chair with a small smile and waved a peace sign, then bit his lips,"I'm 17 too and the youngest. I usually clean and stuff."

"Next up is me I guess. Hello Cute Bride, I'm Choi Youngjae. I am 18. Senior at JYP High. Bambam and Yugyeom are juniors there. Um, let's see, I am a training Barista under Mr. Lee!" Youngjae greeted from his seat.

Jackson winked as he sat on the table,"Sup, you already know me dear~! Unless you forgot my name already?" he gave her a look. 

"It's Jackson Wang. Or Wang Ka Yee." Ju Ree replied without hesitance.

The five other boys whistled. 

Jackson rolled his neck and waved his arms with a smile,"Excuuuse me!"

Ju Ree laughed and covered . She glanced over all the guys and noticed one was missing. Mrs. Lee said there would be seven boys total. One was missing.

On cue, the door open and a boy ran in panting,"Sorry I'm late! I had to run all the way here cause the bus broke down." 

"Don't worry," JB smiled,"You're just in time to introduce yourself. Meet our bride."

The boy started to catch his breath and he stood straighter when he met eyes with Ju Ree. His cheeks started to turn a bit pink and he rubbed the back of his neck."Oh . Uh, ha ha this is awkward." he laughed to himself and slowly met his eyes with Ju Ree,"I'm Mark Tuan." he bit his lips and did a victory sign.

The rest of the guys started laughing and Mark became nervous. Ju Ree was nothing like he expected and he was immediately blown away by her beauty. 

He awkwardly cleared his throat, but his embarrassment was evident on his face. He couldn't meet eyes with Ju Ree. When he did he'd revert his eyes somewhere else. 

The boys got in a line after JB ordered them too. "We'll formally introduce ourselves to you. 1,2,3...Come and get it Got7! Got7-imnida! We are the handsomest boys in all of South Korea! Don't expect to see anyone better looking than us! We're also your new family~! You look young like a high schooler, so I'm probably your oppa!" JB winked. 

"Wrong about the most handsomest." Jackson coughed roughly, making Ju Ree smile. Her smile faded when Lu Han's face popped in her mind.

JB threw him a look,"What'd you mean?"

"Nothing." Jackson whistled while looking away. He threw Ju Ree a playful smile.

Ju Ree softly giggled and she bowed,"I'm Ju Ree. It's a pleasure to meet you guys. I hope we'll be able to work well with each other...so, uh who is my partner again?"

Jackson snickered and quickly pointed to a awkward, stretching Mark."He is, princess!"

Ju Ree looked towards Mark, who met her eyes and looked somewhere else a second later with a smile.

"I hope we'll be working well, hubby." Ju Ree jokingly smiled.

Mark blushed and laughed while covering his mouth,"Yeah, I guess, wifey."

"So how old are you?" Bambam asked curiously.

JR nodded,"Yeah!"

"I'm your oppa aren't I?" JB snapped his fingers.

"Mark hyung is too then!" Youngjae said.

Ju Ree smirked at them,"I'm 23."

Got7 gaped at her with surprise and she innocently beamed at them,"I guess you can call me noona."


sorry, sorry, sorry~~

i updated

love you all for still reading~(if you still are)

-panda