A White Rose

Love is Sin [HIATUS]

Lu Han was sitting at the edge of a building, thinking about Ju Ree at the cafe. He was so worried and hurt. Geez, I shouldn't be worrying about her. She obviously doesn't seem to care. Tch. Luhan clicked his tongue and glared at nothing in particular. 

"What's wrong with you?" Chanyeol came to sit beside Lu Han. He had noticed his friend's distracted (more like scarey) expression and wondered what could've made the usual calm angel upset. Lately, Chanyeol had noticed the different change in Lu Han. First of all, Lu Han hardly showed up for their usual check up routines for demons. Second, that time Chanyeol and Suho visited, he was acting very suspicious and jumpy. And now, he was clearly upset.

Lu Han looked to the side at Chanyeol and shrugged, changing back to a more relaxed form. He couldn't have Chanyeol ask him questions like that. He knew it would lead to trouble.

"Nothing." he replied. "It's just stress, I guess. I've been slacking off and I just feel bad about it" 

Chanyeol was surprised by his answer and nodded,"Alright. Well, if something else is bothering you, just tell me. We're friends, remember?" Chanyeol gave him a big smile and bumped Lu Han's shoulder with his fist. Chanyeol really didn't want Lu Han to get in trouble, especially by Michael. Chanyeol shuddered at the thought of one of the great angels of Heaven.

"What's wrong with you?" Lu Han asked curiously.

Chanyeol shook his head,"Nothing. Let's just keep going on. We still have to cover other areas as well."

Chanyeol and Lu Han stood up and quickly disappeared off the ledge.

Lu Han sighed and secretly sulked to himself. He really did feel hurt. 

 

Mr. & Mrs. Cafe was bustling busy and Ju Ree was rather surprised for her first day working there. She's never been around so many humans before and it was rather exciting for her. The whole time she took orders with a smile that blew away her customers. In the beginning, she was having trouble adjusting, but towards the time it was near her break, she had already gotten the hang of things.

Ju Ree sat down on the couch that was in the break room in the back. She sighed in relief and laid her head against the back of the couch, then closed her eyes. Lu Han's face immediately appeared in her mind and she squeezed her eyes tight. Guilt started to fill up her stomach and she felt horrible. Ju Ree felt a hand shake her shoulder softly and she looked up at her partner, Mark.

He had walked in the breakroom after serving one last customer and found Ju Ree on the couch asleep, or so he thought. He didn't know if she was having a nightmare so he decided to make sure she was okay and wake her up.

"Are you okay, Ju Ree-ssi?" he asked with a bit of worry present in his eyes. Ju Ree blinked and looked around the break room. She then glanced down at his hand on her shoulder. Mark did the same and suddenly pulled his hand away, "I'm sorry!" he yelped, his voice cracking. His eyes widdened, You've got to be kidding me? My voice cracking?! What am I? A teenage boy going through puberty? This is embarassing! She's going to lau-

Mark's thoughts were interrupted by Ju Ree's lively laugh. Mark pouted, She laughed. 

Ju Ree noticed Mark's red face and her laughter died down. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to laugh. Sorry." she muttered once last time before smiling at him,"And, I'm fine. I was just worrying about something, but it's no big deal."

"It didn't seem like it was just 'no big deal'." Mark said as he headed towards the table to sit down. Ju Ree followed him and sat across from him. Mark looked at Ju Ree and watched her fix her dress. She was too beautiful and mesmerizing. He was almost certain she wasn't human. Maybe she's a vampire, he jokingly thought. 

"Our lunch is almost ready. JR may be a patissiere in training, but he's also a really good cook. But, he's probably giving us sandwiches cause he's really lazy." Mark smirked and Ju Ree giggled.

Someone bonked Mark behind the head. JR gave him a death glare,"Well this lazy person made your damn lunch."

Mark laughed and rubbed his head,"Thanks bro."

JR just shook his head, then smiled to Ju Ree, handing her a plate,"Here you go, princess."

Ju Ree flinched at the word 'princess',"U-Uh, thank you."  she gave him a small smile before looking down at her neatly made sandwich. Gosh, I haven't heard that word in a while, she frowned slightly.

The rest of the boys piled in with plate of their own and sat around the table. Soon the table was full of lively chatter and laughs. The boys kept asking Ju Ree a bunch of questions that she didn't really have answers for, so she made tiny lies about them.

"So, where are you from?" Jackson asked first with his mouth full.

JR looked disgusted and hit his shoulder,"Yah, eat with your mouth closed and don't talk while eating!" JR gave an apologetic look to Ju Ree,"Sorry, he's a pig."

Jackson gasped loudly and placed a hand on his chest,"Well, I am hurt." JR didn't care and ignored him. Jackson pouted and kept eating, this time with his mouth closed.

"Uh, I'm from..." Ju Ree blanked out on that sudden question. , where am I from? Oh, ha ha I think you heard of it guys, I'm just from Hell, "...I used to live in America, but I moved back here recently." Ju Ree smoothly lied.

"No way! Mark is from America too! Where specifically?" Bambam smiled and hugged Mark's shoulder. Mark looked at Ju Ree with curiosity, She's from the states?

"California." she randomly blurted. Well, that was a place she used to go to a long time ago. The last time I was there was when it was the Gold Rush.

"Holy ! That's so weird, he's from L.A!" JB laughed in surprise and Mark's eyes widened.

Ju Ree and Mark met eyes and she awkwardly smiled.

"That's...cool." she said.

Mark nodded,"Yeah."

Youngjae noticed the weird atmosphere and decided to ask another quesiton,"So, did you live there with family, or was it a study abroad kind of thing?"

"Um, neither. I actually lived there by myself. I like traveling." she stated.

"Oh, you so where's your family?" JB asked.

In hell. Ju Ree smiled,"My dad is working abroad somewhere and my mom..." Ju Ree's eyes became cold and hollow,"I don't know what happened to her. She's probably dead or something." Ju Ree dryly laughed.

Got7 looked at each other and noticed the atmosphere was definitely not improving. It was rather awkward for them, yet they wanted to console her in some way.

"I have a brother though, well step-brother, but he's basically the real thing to me." And a load of siblings,"So, don't worry. I'm not too sad about my mother. I never really met her." Ju Ree smiled at them with reassurance.

"Uh, so do you live by yourself here?" Yugyeom asked softly.

Ju Ree was puzzled once again. How was she supposed to answer this? Should she tell them she lived with Lu Han? As she was about to speak, Jackson spoke on her behalf.

"No. She has a roommate." he smirked and playfully winked at her. Ju Ree blushed and shot him a look. He just howled in laughter.

"Oh, you do?" JR asked.

"Is she cute?" JB asked suddenly.

"You should definitely bring her over!" Youngjae smiled.

Jackson was laughing the whole time,"Yeah, I thinks she's coming later. Right, Ju Ree?" 

"Jackson!" Ju Ree growled in frustration.

Mr. Lee came into the breakroom,"Alright kids, time to get back to work, customers are coming once again." Ju Ree was more than happy to get out of the break room and rushed out there. Jackson chased after her teasingly,"Wait for me bestie~!"

"JACKSON!" Ju Ree screeched in desperation.

The rest of Got7 smiled in amusement.

JB grinned,"She's going to fit right in well."

"Yeah, she's a sweet girl." JR nodded as he started to clean up with the rest of the other boys.

Mark looked beyond the break room door and noticed Ju Ree slapping Jackson's shoulder with a pout. Jackson ruffled her hair and ran away. Ju Ree froze for a second before happily laughing then chasing after Jackson up to the second floor.

A smile formed on Mark's face and he helped JR clean. 

 

Ju Ree bowed to the last leaving customers and started to clean up with Mark and the rest of Got7. As the day past, Ju Ree started feeling comfortable with Got7, especially Mark since they worked together most of the time. Jackson was also someone she was starting to be close to, due to his constant teasing. But, in general, Got7 were really kind and opening to her, which made Ju Ree happy.

"Did you like your first day?" Mark asked her, taking away the heavy tray of dishes. Ju Ree gave him a look but nodded with a pleased smile,"It was fun and a bit hectic, but it was fun nontheless."

It was closing hour in a bit and Ju Ree wanted to make sure everything was clean and neat for Mr. and Mrs. Lee. She swept the floors, helped Youngjae dry up some of the tea cups, and tried to throw away the trash, which Yugyeom stubbornly told her that was his job. "Noona, just help Mark place the chairs on top of the tables." he said and pushed her back towards the front of the shop.

"Alright!" Ju Ree stuck her tongue out at him and went do as she was told. Mark already started and she helped him out. Mark saw that she was struggling because of her dress and tapped her shoulder,"Just take a break and let me and the others do the chairs."

Ju Ree scowled at him,"Not you too! Yugyeom told me to help you out so I wouldn't do the trash! Now, you're doing the same thing."

Mark raised both of his hand and pinched her cheeks,"Just do as your told. I'm your superior. I'm your sunbae." he smirked and squished her cheeks around. 

Ju Ree tried to rip out his hands away but he had a strong grip on her. "Marrk!" she tried her best to mutter, but it just sounded like gibberish, causing him to laugh. "You look like a blowfish."

"Ahem." someone cleared their throat.

Ju Ree's eyes widened in shock and Mark just eyed the handsome stranger. Ju Ree pulled away from Mark and took a step forward,"Lu Han." she whispered.

Lu Han was standing at the entrance. Dressed nice as always, he had on a black hat, a deep red bomber jacket, a black v-neck, and black jeans. He was holding a single white rose in his hands.

"W-What are you doing here?" she muttered eyeing the rose. Ju Ree didn't expect him to pick her up after how she acted towards him. She really thought he would be angry with her. If she was in his shoes, she'd be angry and hurt.

Lu Han looked down at the rose as well, then looked at her with a small smile,"To pick you up of course. It's late and I don't want anything to happen to you..."

Ju Ree felt even more horrible. How could he be so nice and caring to her, after how she disregarded him earlier. She furrowed her eyebrows together and looked away from him. She couldn't look at him, she felt ashamed. Out of all the times he was with her, right now, he was such an angel.

Lu Han frowned. He was confused because of the way Ju Ree turned away from him. Was she still mad? Was she mad that he came to pick her up? Lu Han felt crushed, but he wasn't going to give up. After being bothered all day, he decided to try and make up with Ju Ree. No matter up, without giving up, he was going to fix everything.

"You look beautiful." Lu Han sincerely smiled at her.

Ju Ree glanced at him with a small pout and blushed. Lu Han, why are you acting like it was you who did wrong? Oh geez. 

"Thank you." Ju Ree softly replied and played with her dress.

"PRINCESS- Oh, I'm sorry sir, but we're closed." JR politely smiled at Lu Han. Got7 changed back into their own clothes and looked at Lu Han curiously. 

"Noona, you should change. We're already done with everything." Bambam sweetly smiled at Ju Ree. 

Jackson gasped and grinned widely,"Yo! Lu Han hyung!" he went to Lu Han and placed an arm around his shoulder,"Welcome back! Came to pick up Ju Ree noona?"

Lu Han eyed Jackson, but fought the idea of being rude to the boy. He seemed harmless for some reason now. Lu Han smiled with a nod,"Yeah."

"Oh? Noona you know him?" JB asked, feeling a bit intimidated by Lu Han's good looks.

Got7 took a good look at Lu Han and a bunch of thoughts started racing through their minds. Yugyeom had the first light bulb pop up in his head,"Is he your boyfriend?!"

"BOYFRIEND?" Got7 screamed in chorus, besides Jackson.

Jackson wiggled his eyebrows,"You bet your he is!"

Mark felt a strong pressure in his chest. S-She has a boyfriend?

Ju Ree flinched and Lu Han caught that right away. He smiled at them,"No...we're just friends." It felt weird saying that, but Lu Han knew that's just what they were. Ju Ree felt a bit disappointed that he corrected them, but she did the same thing earlier.

"Ooohhh." The boys nodded. Mark felt relieved all of a sudden, but still felt a bit uncomfortable about Lu Han and Ju Ree. He felt there was more to their relationship.

Jackson snickered,"Man, they're basically going out." JB shot Jackson a look.

"Um, I'll go change then." Ju Ree turned away and headed to the back.

Got7, besides Jackson who was smiling at his phone for some reason, all eyed Lu Han. Lu Han on the other hand did the same but with a polite smile. So, these are the boys who are working with her.

"How long have you known Ju Ree noona?" Bambam started asking Lu Han questions to kill time. 

"For a while." Lu Han honestly replied.

"How old are you?"

"I'm 24" I guess I look 24.

"What nationality are you?"

"I'm...Chinese." Guess that will work too.

"What do you do for a living?"

"I'm...in a certain workforce." Geez,this kid asks a lot of questions.

"Do you like Ju Ree noona?"

"Yes." Wait what?!

Lu Han's eyes widened and Bambam started laughing,"Gotcha!"

Got7 howled in laughter, but it was mostly just Jackson.

"Haha hyung!" Jackson teased Lu Han, who was speechless and shocked.

Jackson laughed towards his best friend, but Mark felt rigid and upset. I knew it. Jackson glanced towards Mark and instantly knew Mark was unhappy about this. Though Jackson was a goofball all the time, he was still perceptive of others, especially with Got7 and Mark. Don't tell me Mark... ah .

"Don't worry hyung! We won't tell her~!" Bambam and Yugyeom snickered.

Lu Han was rather surprised with his instant reply to Bambam's question. It was just so natural. Well...I do like her. What's the problem with that? Tch. Lu Han never felt this flustered before.

"I'm ready." Ju Ree called out.

The boys all looked her way and made way for her to go through. Ju Ree was beside Lu Han and he held out his rose,"For you." he said sweetly. Ju Ree guiltily took the rose and glanced down at with a soft expression,"It's lovely, thank you Lu Han."

"The pleasure is mine." Lu Han gently spoke as fixed a strand of hair that was out of place.

Ju Ree turned to Got7 with flushed cheeks,"Um, I'll see you guys later."

JB smiled at them,"Hyung, we can take her home next time. It'll be late like this everytime our shifts ends, so you don't have to wait for her." 

Ju Ree and Lu Han met eyes. He held up his hand and smiled,"Don't worry, if it's Ju Ree, I don't mind. Plus, I'd feel more assured if it was myself. We do live together anyways...Are you ready, Ju Ree?" Lu Han asked her. 

Ju Ree nodded and waved at the boys before leaving with Lu Han.

Got7 just silently stared at the door.

"Lu Han's a guy."

"Yup." Jackson grinned.

"Her roommate isn't a girl."

"Yup." Jackson snickered.

"They LIVE together!"

"Yuuuup~." Jackson sang. 

Everyone started to pummel Jackson. Mark sighed. Too good to be true.


I'm kind of back ^^

Sorry, Mark is the 'second-guy' in the fic.