Homesick

Love is Sin [HIATUS]

"Lu Han, I don't think it goes that way!" Ju Ree yelled as she held up the instructions to her face. She read the instructions and she squinted her eyes over towards Lu Han who was on the floor with a bunch of wood,"Yeah, it's wrong."

"Then you do it!" Lu Han whined and sat his tush on the ground. He growled and wiped the non-existent sweat from his forehead,"Why didn't the company send some workers to assemble this?"

Ju Ree reread the instructions and reminded him,"They were busy, remember it was some couple day or something like that. Plus, who said confidently they could do it by themselves?" She eyed him with a raised brow. 

Lu Han looked away and pretended to put random wood pieces together. He scratched his head and threw them on the ground,"I hate this." 

It took a while, like a real long while, but with Ju Ree's help, the two of them completed setting up the whole place. She smiled and fluffed the throw pillow on the white couch,"This place looks way better now with some furnishing, don't you think?"

"Yeah, I guess..." Lu Han looked around and nodded his head,"It doesn't look that girly, thank the heavens."

Ju Ree shot the angel a look and cackled,"I told you!" She giggled and patted the seat beside her,"This is what you call a home, even if it's too big for my liking, it'll do."

Lu Han snorted,"Too big? Are you complaining? I'm helping you out."

Ju Ree rolled her eyes and didn't even bother talking back to him. It was him who wanted to help her, him who forced her to live there, and him who wanted to stay with her. Ju Ree let him rant to himself while her thoughts drifted to her father. Her heart tightened and she casted her eyes downward. Her father, oh how she really missed him. She let out a long sigh and that made Lu Han stop talking.

He furrowed his eyebrows together and he wore a worried expression. That was a sigh to be concerned about. Lu Han didn't know if he should ask her if she was okay. He didn't want to pry into her personal life. He thought long and hard and decided to go against his morals and just shoot his question.

"Are you...okay?"

Ju Ree blinked and nodded at him, perfectly calm,"Yeah. Why?"

Lu Han just stared at her crimson, red eyes and saw a bit of saddness. He softened a bit and just shook his head,"Oh, nothing. I was just wondering if you wanted to get some ice cream? I'm kind of feeling tired and I decided I should reward ourselves for the hard work, how about it?"

Ju Ree's smile appeared again and she brightened up at the idea,"Okay! If you're treating." She wiggled her eyebrows at him.

Lu Han feigned a grumpy expression, but he couldn't hide his smile away from her,"Just this once."

 

The two went to a ice cream shop that was apparently demon-alarm free and Lu Han happily looked at every flavor,"Which one should I get?" He couldn't pick and settled on rocky road in a cup. Ju Ree took her time and picked vanilla with sprinkles on them in a waffle cone. Lu Han did pay for the both of them and they sat down at a free table.

"I should've gotten a waffle cone too!" Lu Han grumbled as he ate his ice cream. Ju Ree stuck her tongue out at him and smiled in satisfaction,"Do you want some?"

"Would you even give me some? I highly doubt it." Lu Han muttered and eyed her ice cream.

Ju Ree held out her ice cream to him,"Here, while I'm being nice. You bought me it anyways, so why not."

Lu Han took a second before her ice cream and he then took a bigger bite of it another second later. Ju Ree gasped and whined,"Lu Han! Really?"

The angel just laughed and took a big spoonful of his ice cream and held it out of her,"Here, you can have some of mine." he genuinely smiled.  Ju Ree blushed and hesitantly took a bite. She tasted the marshmallows and nuts. Ju Ree gave him a small smile,"Thanks."

"You're welcome." he grinned and started gobbling up his ice cream. 

Ju Ree watched Lu Han and was certainly blown away by him. She heard that the Seven Archangels were merciless and ruthless. They weren't supposed to be childish and sweet. Especially to a demon like her. Heck ,she was the princess, he didn't need to know that, but still. Lu Han wasn't supposed to act this way towards her. He could get in trouble, like big trouble! After all he's done for her, she didn't want that for him. He was her friend, a real good one. 

What was worse was that she was starting to get comfortable with him, real comfortable. She felt so relaxed and safe with him. At first he was untrustworthy, but as the days passed, Lu Han was someone she felt she could trust with her whole entire being. Ju Ree felt grateful for him. Maybe a little for that thankfulness. She felt...more for him. Ju Ree didn't know what it was or how it was happening, but it felt right. 

Her thoughts were torn apart when Lu han waved his hand in front of her. He had a look of concern as he stared at her,"You okay? I've been trying to get your attention for quite awhile already. Your ice cream is melting." 

Ju Ree looked down and he was right, her ice cream was becoming a puddle in her cone and she quickly started to it. Lu Han was starting to really wonder what she was thinking. What was bothering her? Lu Han barely met her, but it didn't feel that way. It felt more special than a lifetime. It was something more than that. He knew it was entirely stupid and risky to just trust her, a demon, but, he didn't mind. Lu Han was tired of being cold and mean; he wanted to be nice and have fun. Weren't angels supposed to be nice? That's why Lu Han trusted Ju Ree. He didn't need some big reason to do so, he just wanted to.  

The two of them had this a special relationship that the two of them could hardly understand themsevles. Certainly one of a kind. 

"Are you sure you don't want to talk about it?" Lu Han started off saying,"I know it might be weird to talk to me about it, but maybe it can help to talk about it." 

Ju Ree peered at him and she felt a warm, bubbly feeling. Lu Han, this supposedly scary archangel, was really something. Ju Ree felt very lucky to have run into him, even if he wanted to attack and kill her that night. Yet, he didn't. And that mattered to her. 

"Just a little homesick, I guess you could say. I did something horrible back home and it's something unforgiveable. I am a horrible person and a horrible daughter." Ju Ree softly whispered and she gazed away. She had lost her appetite to eat. "I ran away from home because I believed in something I wasn't supposed to believe in...so, I just left, I left my father behind." 

Lu Han saw the sorrow and guilt present on her face. She really did feel horrible and Lu Han wanted to bring comfort to her. But, how could he bring her that? It was impossible to bring back the comfort she wanted most, home. 

"Hey, I'm sure your father still loves you and is willing to forgive you. You're his daughter after all. It can't be something bad." Lu Han patted her head softly and smiled,"Don't worry about it." 

Ju Ree timidly smiled back at him,"R-Right. I hope so." Ju Ree let out a little laugh and gulped. Yeah, Lu Han, my father is kind of the king of demons, so I don't know if he'd forgive so easily...