Miserable in the Morning

The Idiot Who Lives In My Basement
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 23

Miserable in the Morning

Time skip

And so, when I finally got out of that wretched club, it was already 5 A.M. in the morning. Oh, well, I guess three hours of sleep was enough, anyways. I figured that Sunggyu should by up by now for his daily morning exercise.  Don’t ask me why he acts like an old man. Thankfully, I had changed into my regular shoes on the way out, so I could easily run. All the makeup was probably worn off, and I didn’t put on a lot, anyways. Now, all I needed to do was get into the actual house. Running up to it, I took a peek into the window—oh . They were all up for some unidentified reason. Great, now how was I going to explain all the makeup and the dress I was attired in? Oh well. I knocked on the door.

  “What do you want-Eunji!? How…what happened?” Sunny gasped as I slumped my shoulders in the doorway.

  “It’s a long story.” I grumbled. “Just please let me use the bathroom. I’ve been holding it in for a long time.”

   “But hurry up, the investigators will be arriving soon.”

Oh yeah…I forgot about the investigators. Locking myself in the first floor bathroom, I washed my face free of makeup and chanced into my regular clothes. Just about that time, the doorbell rang. Quickly, I pulled on a sweater and walked out to greet the guests.

                                                                              ***

The detective crew was surprisingly large. Containing of seven people. Great. More people. I read their nametags: Mr. Yoo Jaesuk, Mr. Ji Suk Jin, Mr. Kang Gary, Mrs. Song Jihyo, Mr. Haha, Mr. Kim Jong kook and Mr. Lee Kwangsoo. So many names.

  “So what you’re saying is that you want us to catch this man?” Mr. Jaesuk pointed to the picture of Wonsoo, after we told them the situation. “That wouldn’t be very difficult, would it?”

  “Yeah, but the thing is that we haven’t set everything straight. I don’t think it would be safe to act until we know what’s going on.” Myungsoo reasoned. “There are some things that don’t exactly add up.”

   “I see.” Mrs. Jihyo flipped through the pages of suspicious people who might have been involved with Wonsoo. “We’ve tracked down every person that Mr. Wonsoo has been in contact with in the past 48 hours, excluding his gang.” She showed me the first page. “As you can see here, most of the people are girls or young women. Meaning that he does his job as a pretty well. We also have a list of people he keeps in close contact with. Most people on this list are his gang and relatives. Please have a close look at this.”

I examined the pages. Too bad there weren’t any photos. Wonsoo sure had a lot of relatives. At one point, I even saw my name on the list. Both of them.

  “Hey…” Daehyun looked to me. “Isn’t Im Yoona one of your classmates?”

  “Sure she is. Why?”

  “Well apparently, she is somehow related to Wonsoo.”

Myungsoo turned towards us with a strange look on his face. “I don’t think I had Yoona for a cousin. But then again, Wonsoo kept a lot of things from our knowledge, so it’s possible.”

  “You know,” Sunny grumbled as she continued scanning the pages. “I think we should interrogate Wonsoo’s relatives first. They’re going to be the most useful if we want information out of him.”

  “You’re right.” The detective team decided, nodding their heads. “But it would be best if only two or three people go, since the bigger the group the easier it would be to lose someone.” Jihyo reasoned. “Eunji and I can go, while the rest of you can analyze the info we report on.”

   “Okay, now go.” Haha shooed us away. I looked back at them, and the

Please log in to read the full chapter