Making Up For It

The Idiot Who Lives In My Basement
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 21

Making Up For It

 

 “Task No. 1, read that new story that Ricky wrote to the retirement house.” L.Joe turned to me, a sour look on his face. “Eunji, have you even read it?”

 “Nope, I just know he wrote a story of some sort, and is planning on publishing it. Why?”

He sighed. “It’s practically a recap of an adult film Chunji recently showed him. He said the actress was hot.”

I gawked at him. This practically made everything better. “Wow, what a child.” I chuckled. He frowned, and read the second task.

 “Task No. 2, go up to a random couple on the street, give them chicken, and maintain a five minute conversation about cacti. What the actual .”

 “Hey, it was your fault for pissing me off, and being so anti-social.” I shrugged, feeling so sympathetic.

 “Task number three, rap the Indian Anthem at the SM auditions.” L.Joe blankly stared at the paper. “...”

 “You said that you wanted to audition, so, I gave you a perfect chance.”

 “B-But the Indian Anthem!? How am I supposed to memorize that!? And the audition is in three days.” He wailed. “I wanted a successful audition, okay?”

 “Yah, you learned about India a month ago, and unless you skipped every socials class for the past three weeks, you should remember the anthem you had so sing every day.”

 “But you weren’t even in school at the time we learned about India!”

 “Myungsoo does a fair bit of filling me up on school and stuff that I’ve missed.”

 “Anyways, task number four, do a consecutive round of five cartwheels in the library, in front of the librarian.”

 “You know how to do cartwheels, right?”

 “Nope. And the last task is…to draw a manga of the past eventful month, and publish it by the end of summer. I’m in for a bad week, aren’t I?”

 “Yep. Tomorrow, wake-up alarm rings at six o’clock sharp. We’ll be spending the day out, so you can do your tasks. Don’t worry, I’ll just tell my mom that we’re going on a “Bonding experience” and . Just remember to get up, or I’ll kick you awake.”

                                                                                  ***

Bring! Bring! Startled, I groaned. What the hell? I hardly ever set my alarm. The bright daylight seared through the curtains, making me squint my eyes. I looked around. L.Joe and my brother were both sound asleep. Rubbing my eyes, I checked the clock. It was Five Thirty. Oh yeah. I was up for L.Jerk’s punishment tasks, and I had to get ready for a whole day out. Stumbling out of bed, I made my way upstairs to grab some food and money for the trip. By the time I had finished packing my backpack, L.Joe was still asleep. That . Grunting, I went downstairs again.

 “Yah! Get up!” I screeched, stomping on his stomach.

 “Oww…” He grumbled.

Impatiently, I tapped my watch. Yes, watch. I’m an old fashioned person. “The time is ticking! Five fifty already! Get up or I’ll add three more punishments.”

 “What!?” He jolted upwards. I saw my brother stir behind us. “I’m up! I’m up! What more do you want from me!?”

 “Get ready. We’re going out. Pack everything you need for the trip in seven minutes.”

Walking away, I heard him scramble out of his bed, tripping,

Please log in to read the full chapter