Real Monsters

The Idiot Who Lives In My Basement
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 19

Real Monsters

 

For the first time in almost a week, I stepped onto the school grounds. School was going to be out in seven days. I had my hood up again, having second ideas about my blue hair after going out with Sunny. What can I say, too much attention makes me crack.

  “What do you know, someone’s turned into an attention seeker.” Someone quietly snickered.

I turned around. L.Jerk was standing right there with Yoona and her so-called friends. She whispered something to Taeyeon.

   “Good idea. Get him to do it.”

   “Hey everybody!” L.joe suddenly shouted. He glared at me with eyes of hatred. Some people started to crowd around him. Abruptly, he pointed to me. “Look at the trash in front of you! Has anyone noticed she has been gone for a week? No? That’s what I thought. All you people have been working hard in school and there she is, probably banging every other person she sees. And now she has to pay! Do you hear me!? Do you!?”

The crowd around them cheered, while Yoona and her friends giggled. By now, I was running. From the school, from the crowd, from the humiliation. What did I do to result in this? Reaching the top of the stairs, I burst through the door to the rooftop. A few delinquents were standing at a corner, smoking. Walking over, I sat near them. Regularly, I avoid these people but today was different. Today was a terrible day.

  “You want a cigarette?” One offered. I snatched it from him and smushed it with my foot. “You needed to do that, didn’t you.”

I nodded. Looking over the railing, people were still crowded around L.Joe, probably getting filled up with every offensive thing they could use against me. I sighed. I’m going to skip school for today.

                                                                                                    ***

  “Shh. Honey, it’s going to be okay.” Sunny patted me on the back. Instead of going to school, I wound up at Sungyeol’s house, and he had to call Sunny since I wouldn’t stop crying.

  “N-no! You don’t understand. He humiliated me in front of the whole school. And for something I didn’t e-even do!”

  “It’s okay, you can tell me everything. From the very beginning when things started to go wrong.” She moved to the couch to give me some room.

I launched into my rant.

  “Everything went wrong right from the point when Im Yoon- decided it was going to be fun playing with L.Joe’s heart. I’m sure if he isn’t with her right now, she’s probably making out with some guy in the hallway. And she’s using him like her own little servant. Who knows how she’s going to break his heart. She’s already turned him against me. Bet he’s fed false information every day. I haven’t gone home ever since because of that! And a week ago when I was nearly they were probably enjoying the good life. I was traumatized for a whole night! I bled, cried and fought, and what were they doing? Probably giggling over text messages like six year-old girls when they see the limited edition Barbie. I don’t see how the hell they dare spread rumors like wildfires while I’m a small, suffering tree being chopped down and eventually burnt.”

  “Wow.” Sungyeol gaped as I finished.

They both looked at me like I had just grown an extra pair of legs. Eventually, Sunny came and sat next to me.

  “Then why are you so scared to tell them that?” She asked.

  “I already shouted at L.Joe, making him probably temporarily hate me. I guess Yoona grasped the opportunity, and now it’s changing the thoughts of the whole school.”

  “Ah, but maybe people in school might have different thoughts.”

  “W-what do you mean?”

  “Don’t be afraid to announce the correct situation to the public.”

  “And what if I am?”

  “Then how else are you going to set everything straight?”

                                                                                                              ***

Please log in to read the full chapter