Investigations and Injuries

The Idiot Who Lives In My Basement
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 22

Investigations and Injuries

 

It rained hard that night, and I was still stuck with Byunghun, trying to find Sunggyu’s house. We were lost, and not to mention, drenched.

 “What now?” He turned to me.

 “How should I know?” I grumbled, using my backpack as an umbrella, running around. “All we need to do is find is the most average looking house on the planet, with totally isn’t impossible in the rain at night.”

Suddenly, my phone lit up.

 “Hey, L.Joe, mind holding my backpack for a bit?” I said, tossing my backpack at his face. I turned to the massage from Sunny.

Eunji, you do realize that we can see you running around like chickens two blocks away, right?

 

                                                                               ***

 “You’re late.” Myungsoo crossed his arms, as he stared at us, dripping in rain. “Wonsoo could have found you guys if it weren’t for the horrible conditions.”

 “Which is why we used the conditions to our advantage.” I grimly muttered.

Myungsoo shook his head. “Just come in and get cleaned up. We’re going to be formulating a plan to keep ourselves safe.”

 “Okay commander.”

 “Don’t call me that!”

Heaving a sigh, I walked up the stairs to take a shower. The whole impact had taken a tow on me, making me extra grumpy, and a grumpy me is not a great experience. Seriously though, was it that big of a deal that I made Wonsoo loose his wife, that he destroys our home and plans to sell me off to ion? It was unrealistic, yet every bit believable. But even if he loved her as much as probable, why did he cheat on her in the first place? And who did he cheat on her with? What if there was another way around this story? More and more questions filled my head, and no answers came to mind. Stepping out of the water, I dried myself, got dressed, and went downstairs, where I saw the parents sipping on hot chocolate at the coffee table. On the other side of the room, I saw “The Crew” (Name suggested by Myungsoo) lounging on the couches.

 “Hey.” Sunny casually, arms flopped over the arm chair. “Blonde kid done yet?”

I stared at them. “Are you just going to do nothing?”

 “What’s the point? We’re already exhausted for heaven’s sake, and equally as freaking traumatized. If we were to do anything, it wouldn’t be very effective.”

 “She’s right.” Myungsoo grunted. “We can wake up early next morning. My dad has a colleague who is part of an investigation team. We can contact them, if it’s necessary. By the way, where is that blonde kid, anyways? It’s been about fifty minutes and is he’s still in the shower? Doesn’t seem very suitable, to me.” He clicked his tongue in annoyance. “I really have a disliking to that kid.”

 “So do I.” My brother added. “First he makes my sister move out, then takes a shower for an hour at someone else’s house. Rude, much.”

 “I can go check.” I suggested, then immediately bolted upstairs. Something didn’t seem right. I banged on the washroom door. No answer. I kicked, and no answer. Finally, I decided to grab the doorknob and break it out of frustration, only to land flat on my face on the cold bathroom floor. The idiot forgot to lock the door.

 “Lee Byunghun, have your parents ever taught you to lock the door when you’re taking a shower!?” I sneered. He didn’t answer, and I noticed he was in the tub, face down. “Byunghun? Mr. L.Joe-ssi? You okay?” Still no answer. Walking to the bathtub, I checked the scene out. I was right. L.Joe seemed to have fallen asleep in the empty bathtub, and there was a horrible stench coming from the toilet. Did he forget to flush the toilet as well? I decided not to check, and instead went to L.Joe, who seemed to have passed out. Grabbing his shirt, I flipped him over, and nearly gasped. He seemed unresponsive to whatever I was saying, but was mumbling a few incoherent words. Cold sweat ran down his head. I put my hand to his forehead. ing hell, it was burning. Quickly, I dragged him out of the tub, and with the help of Sunggyu’s mom who was passing by, successfully hauled him downstairs.

 “Holy !” Sunny and Myungsoo stood up in surprise after seeing the state Byunghun was in. “What happened!?” Myungsoo hollered.

 “Calm down, bro! I found him subconscious in the tub, and I think he puked in the toilet and didn’t have time to flush. He probably caught high fever.”

Sungyeol hurried over with a thermometer and shoved it in L.Joe’s mouth.

 “How high do you think it is?” He asked, “I’ll bet anything that it’s over forty degrees Celsius.”

 “Okay, two dollars and a bowl of ramyun. Deal.” Daehyun chuckled. I frowned at their behaviour.

 “Yah! Someone is suffering from high fever and you two are betting on his temperature!?”

They meekl

Please log in to read the full chapter