New Ideas Mean New Light-Bulbs

The Idiot Who Lives In My Basement
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 18

New Ideas Mean New Light-Bulbs

 

Ever since the incident, I haven’t gone home, which was a total of three days. But then again, Sungyeol’s house was practically like a second home for me. My mom’s been phoning my ever since, filling up on everything I needed to do and sending homework over, via Daehyun. She had said that there was a high chance that Dad was going to wake up in the next month or so. I had caught a high fever on the second day, and Sungyeol had to send me over to the hospital. On the bright side, I wasn’t hospitalized. Myungsoo sent over the medications two days ago. Of course, only my relatives and Infinite knew about this. Sungyeol had reported the news, and Sunggyu nearly fainted. He had also told me to at least stay until my cuts have stopped bleeding, since they turned out to be pretty deep, and my temperature lowered a bit.

“Are you sure you want to go out today? You might be seen as emo.” Sungyeol told me as I headed out the door for the first time in almost a week.

“Look, I’m just going to get a haircut, since my mom won’t stop nagging be about my hair. I hate it as much as you do.”

Shutting the door, I uncertainly stepped onto the pavement. I had made sure that I had worn a hoodie and long pants to cover up those cuts. The walk to the Hair Stylist’s took ten minutes, then waiting took twenty. Already naturally, I was feeling grumpy, but when I saw Byunghun and Yoona exit with matching purple hair colours, (matching for ’s sake! Who even does that!?) I was ready to give them a piece of my mind. Not that I haven’t, though.

“So, how would you like your hair styled?” The stylist asked me. I frowned for a second, but came to my decision.

“I would like it chopped short, dyed blue, please.”

“Wow. That’s a first. You like it pastel or dark?” She said, chuckling. To be honest, I didn’t really care. I just wanted a change.

 “Dark?  No wait, make it lighter at the bottom.”

“Sure thing.” She set to work quickly. This was the first time I’ve dyed my hair, and if I were to tell the truth, I should do this more often.

                                                                    ***

“Thanks, Sulli!” I waved to my stylist. The whole procedure took about two hours, and Sungyeol is probably going to kill me, but I honestly don’t care. On the way back from home, a whole bunch of people were giving me strange looks. Someone even had the nerve to mutter “Attention ” to his friends, but for once, I didn’t really care.

 “I’m back!” I shouted when I entered Sungyeol’s house.

 “That’s great! We’re having rice and kimchi for lunch- What the hell!?” He shouted as he stomped into the living room. “W-why did you die your hair blue?”

 “To drive attention away from those scars.” And me. I answered.

 “But can’t you just like…do your makeup and wear nice clothes? Won’t that work?”

I exasperatedly sighed. “I’m me. Jung Eunji, remember?”

 “Fair point. Look, today, I

Please log in to read the full chapter