Piece 9

The Story of My Life

 

A smile plastered on Suzy’s lips. While lying on her comfortable bed she recalled the conversation she had on the phone earlier.

“Really? You will come to Korea next week?” Suzy couldn’t believe the news that the other one told her.

“Yes, Suzy-ah.”

“Then, you will stay in my place Unnie?”

“A stupid question! Of course, I will. Except you are mean enough to let your beautiful sister sleep in hotel.”

Suzy laughed. “I’ll make my place clean for you.”

“Of course you have to.”

“By the way, how are Appa, Omma? They are healthy right?”

Suzy could hear Ji Hyo Unnie sighed “Yes, they are. You should contact them more Suzy-ah. I’m sure they miss you.”

“If they miss me, then they are the one who should contact me.”

“They are busy, you know that.”

“Really? Are they that busy until they don’t even have time for their daughter?”

“Suzy. You ..”

“Let’s not talk about that Unnie. It’s ruining my mood. So how long you are going to stay here?” Suzy cut Ji Hyo’s words.

“Who knows? Maybe for a week or a month. Well, I’ll decide after I get there.” Jihyo’s playful tone is back.

“Alright then. I’ll be waiting.”

***

Suzy’s omma died when she was three years old. After that her father remarried a widow with one daughter, which was Ji Hyo’s omma. Ji Hyo was seven years older than her. At first Mr Bae, Suzy’s father, afraid that Suzy couldn’t accept her stepmother and her stepsister.

But his burden lifted when he realized that he hadn’t choosed a wrong woman to be his second wife. Mrs Song, Suzy’s stepmother, treated Suzy like she was her own daughter. She never differentiate Suzy with Ji Hyo. Not like a Cinderella story, Suzy’s stepmother married Mr Bae beacuse she love him, not because his wealth or authority.

That also worked for Song Ji Hyo. Suzy could easily getting along with her. In fact, the two were closer more than a real siblings. Suzy was always a big admirer of her stepsister. Little Suzy would always follow Ji Hyo everywhere until sometimes Ji Hyo getting tired of it.  

After the wedding ceremony, Suzy and her new family moved to France. Mr Bae had just opened a new branch of his company there, that’s why he had to take care of it.

And His blessed never left his family, because soon after, he could open another branch in Amerika. Therefore when she was five, Suzy moved to Amerika.

Since that, her family never settled in one country for a long time. They would move from one country to another. That’s why Suzy didn’t have many childhood friends, she only had Ji Hyo by her side.

It was in her third year in elementary school when her family decided to return to Korea. It was also the time when Suzy made a big decision. Her meeting with Krystal made her choose to stay. Because for the first time in her life she had someone whom she can depend on, other than Ji Hyo.

Unfortunately Ji Hyo had her own decision. She chose to go with Mr Bae and Mrs Song a year after. Back then, Suzy was very dissapointed and angry, but as she grew up, she could understand her choice. Beside the two kept in touch with each other. Suzy always calls Ji Hyo routinely.

Suzy didn’t know when it excatly began, but her relationship with her parents becoming more and more distant. Mr Bae couldn’t handle his company alone anymore, that’s why Mrs Song had to help him and plunged into the company herself. Since that, it was becoming harder for Suzy to talk on the phone with them, even just to say hello.

Sometimes Suzy regretted her decision. Sometimes she envy Ji Hyo for staying together with Mr Bae and Mrs Song. Sometimes she thought that her parents love Ji Hyo more than they love her. But she could never hate Ji Hyo. Not even once.

***

“Ji Hyo Unnie are going to visit? What a good news!” IU screamed in excitement. Though she had only met her twice but in an instant Ji Hyo could make IU grew fond on her.

Suzy nodded, “Help me to clean my place and do grocery shopping, will you? I want to cook to celebrate Unnie’s arrival.”

Without hesitation IU raised her right thumb. “With pleasure my friend.”

Suzy laughed “Krys what about you. Are you gonna help me or not?”

Krsystal who hadn’t said a single word since Suzy broke the news smiled. “I’m in. Of course.”

Suzy was about to return her smile when she noticed something wrong with Krystal’s lower lip. On the corner of her lip Suzy could see a dark blue color, seemed like bruise.

“Krys, what’s wrong with your lower lip?” Suzy held out her hand to touch it.

Krsytal caught Suzy’s hand because she could touch her lip. Instinctively she protected her lip. She didn’t want Suzy to touch it. Because it still sting. However she can endure it, the pain that she feels on her lip is nothing compared to the pain that she feels on her heart.

“You useless child! It will be better if you don’t exist.” Mr Jung, under the influence of alcohol, hit Krystal on the lip.

 Krsytal shrugged the thought, “It’s nothing. Don’t worry.” She couldn’t think of an excuse.

***


Another chapter, yeiy!

And Song Ji Hyo is on the story now!

Sorry for not updating for a long time.

Anyway, I had just finished watching 'You Who Came From The Star"

And I can't get enough of it.

Cheon Song Yi will always be a character that I wouldn't be able to forget. Cheon Song Yi and Do Min Joon, I ship the two so much.

Both in the drama and real life.

Too bad Jun Ji Hyun Unnie has married already. ;p

That's why after this I'm going to watch The Thieves ;)

Have you guys watch it? You Who Came From The Star I mean.

Well, you should!

Give me your opinions about this update.

Jbu.