Piece 5

The Story of My Life

“I’m sorry Jongin-ah. But I can’t make it today. How about tomorrow night? Okay then.. Okay... I love you too.” Suzy finished her conversation and pressed the red button.

“Is he okay Suzy-ah? He doesn’t angry?” Krystal asked Suzy.

“No. Of course not. He understands that I want to spend this night with you and IU.” Suzy said with a smile.

The two were at IU’s house. They had decided to stay overnight since they didn’t have to go to school the day after. They had so many things to be shared, so many things to be told. It was true thay they still met each other everyday at school. However, they didn’t attend a same class plus there were so much going on in their club, which was consuming their time, made it hard for them to hang out together.

The first time Suzy introduced Jongin as her boyfriend, Krystal and IU had a same worry. They were afraid that they might lost Suzy, that Suzy would choose to spend her time with Jongin rather than with them.

“Nothing will change. The two of you are the top in my priority. And it will always be.” Suzy told them that when they expressed their worry.

And it looked like their worry wasn’t necessary. Suzy kept her promise. She wouldn’t think twice to cancel her plans with Jongin and even choosed to miss the chances to be alone with him, only to be by their side. Just like tonight. It was one thing that made both of them amazed by the figure of Bae Suzy.

 “Krystal. Suzy. Come here. Dinner is ready!” IU called her friends.

After that the three gathered at IU’s big dining room. “How are you doing Suzy? Krystal? It has been long enough since the two of you come here.” IU’s mom asked the girls in a friendly tone. She had been knowing Krystal and Suzy for a long time and she was really grateful that her daughter had them as her friend.

Krystal smiled and answered politely. “We are fine Aunt Lee. But we are so busy these days so we can’t come here. I’m sorry.”

Aunt Lee smiled back to her. Krystal was always a polite girl, even after this long time, Krystal would still talk and behave carefully to her. Whereas Suzy was quite the opposite, she could talk freely and even joke with the older. “Don’t worry about that. Anyway, it is so nice to see both of you again.”

“That’s why I told you whenever you miss me you can just call me, and I’ll be there.” Suzy winked to Aunt Lee.

Aunt Lee laughed. “As much as I want to talk to both of you, I know the three of you have so many things to catch up. So I won’t disturb you any longer. Have a wonderful night girls.” She left the room.

Watching Aunt Lee disappeared, Suzy said. “Aunt Lee is the same as always. So kind and full of understanding. You are so lucky to have her as your mom, IU.” There was a glint of sadness on her voice, but when she spoke again her voice had already back to normal. “So, shall we begin the night girls?”

Both of IU and Krystal nodded their head.

***

“Look! Look! Do you remember this photo?” IU asked in excitement.

Krystal who just stepped outside the bathroom, made her way to IU who had been lying in her king-size bed. IU’s handphone was on her right hand. Suzy joined not long after.

“Do you remember this?” IU repeated her question, pointing a picture on her phone.

It was a picture of the three. Of course both Krystal and Suzy remembered that photo. That photo was an evidence that their grup successfully overcome a crisis that had hit their friendship. That photo verified how big their affection that they had for each other.

 “That was a stupid question IU. The answered is clear.” Krystal told IU.

IU smiled and hugged her beloved friends, Krystal in her right side and Suzy in her left side. She didn’t need the answer. “I hope we can always be like this. I pray for the promises that we made that time, we will be able to keep it until the end.”

***

The day, which was still morning, made the atmosphere in Incheon Airport quieter than usual. Only a few plane was scheduled to land that morning. Including his plane.

Since his plane touched the ground until he had to wait for the driver who had been assigned to pick him up, he never stopped ranting. He never wanted this flight, his arrival in South Korea, a place where he had born, also a place that he had abandoned for a long time.

If only this wasn’t a request from his father. Or if only he could turned down this request. He wouldn’t be here. He would be safe in his hiding place. Comfortable and protected from the memory. The memory that he longed to erase from his mind and his heart.

But now he was here. Whether he had ready or not. There was no turning back. The only thing he could do was to finish the task that had given to him as soon as possible. After that he could leave. Back to his hiding place.

He pulled out his phone from his trousers and dialed a number. He didn’t have to wait for long before the one that he called answered him. “Hello? Yes, this is me. I have arrived in Seoul.” He informed his arrival to his friend.

***


Thank you for the support.

As always, don't forget to subscribe and leave comments.

Jbu. :)

PS : I made this chapter in the middle of the night. ;p