Piece 8

The Story of My Life

Soju bottles that scattered everywhere. Stuffs that were put away without being organized. Screams and curses, followed by slaps and hits, which ended with the crying sound of Mrs. Jung was a thing that Krystal met for a recent month everytime she went home.

When the person that Mr Jung, Krystal’s father, had trusted, betrayed him or even worse betrayed the company by stealing the company’s money, Mr Jung had already done everything he could to save the company. But because of the amount that had been taken was too big, he failed and the company went bankrupt.

Since that with a small amount of money that left, he tried to open a new business. But his new business wasn’t going too well, whereas the bills kept pilling up with the interest demanded to be paid. At the end, he had to close his new business as well which also meant he had failed. He had failed being the breadwinner because he made his family fell into poverty, for one more time.

 “Krystal, you have to help me. Help me please.” Mr. Jung cried in front of her.

Krystal’s eyes began to blur with tears. Seing her father cried helplessly, her heart ached. She wanted to hug her father and said that everything is going to be okay. She wanted her father to know that he wasn’t alone and she was beside him, they will go through this hardship together. She wanted to help him. She wanted to help him so badly, but not with the way her father had asked her. For that thing she couldn’t say yes. Because if she say yes, she will be too embarrassed to appear before her again.

 “I’m sorry Appa. But my answer is still the same. I can’t do it.” Finally Krystal answered his father.

She could see a glint of dissappointment in his father’s eyes. “Krystal! This is for our family. Why don’t you understand?”

“I understand Appa. But I think there is still another way. I can find a job, I can . . ” Krystal couldn’t finish her words, because Mr. Jung cut it.

“Job? How old are you? What job can you do? A part time job? Do you think that can help our family?”

Krystal shook her head. “Well, maybe not that much. But, at least we can survive until you find another job.”

“Stop this nonsense! You know what I have asked you is the easiest way. If you are my daughter, than you have to do this! End of the conversation.” Had said that, Mr. Jung began to walk away from Krystal.

Upon hearing it, Krystal couldn’t keep her anger. She shouted. “That’s because you are only think of your self-esteem. If only you want to work as an employee for others, we will be able to go through this. But Appa, you are too arrogant, you are only want to be a president for your own company.”

The slap on her right cheek was something that Krystal had never imagined before. Maybe her father wasn’t a really good man, he had made mistake before. But he also wasn’t a man who liked to use his hand like that. “YOU! How dare you spoke like that to your father!”

Krystal hold her stinging cheeks. “It because that is the truth.”

Mr. Jung raised his hand, almost slept Krystal again, but a voice stopped him. “Appa. What are you doing to Unnie? Why is she crying?”

Mr. Jung turned and found his younger daughter looked at him with fear. “Ah, Appa must have woke you. I’m sorry, there is nothing happen. Let’s go, Appa will accompany you to your room, Jessica.”

Jessica looked at Krystal with worry but then she nodded her head and let Mr. Jung led her back to her hoom.

“Unnie. Unnie.” Jessica’s voice interupped Krystal’s mind about the incident that happen a few month ago.

“What is it Jes?” She tried to smile.

“Today Appa hit Omma again. And now Omma is crying in her room.” Krystal could see Jessica’s hands tremble.

She hugged her nine years old sister. In her arms Jessica cried her heart out. “I’m afraid Unnie. Why Appa turned to be like that?”

Krystal could only tightened her hug. “I’m sorry. I’m sorry Jes, to let you go through this.”

***

Kim Myungsoo looked at his new residence without enthusiasm. This room apartment will be his place to stay until he finish his task. Joong Ki said that this apartment is the best in South Korea. And like what he had said, the apartment wasn’t dissapointing, it wasn’t too big, but wasn’t small too. There were kitchen, living room, dining room, two bedrooms, and three bathrooms: one outside the room while the other two inside each room.

The first room, the one which was close to the living room, had a size that was larger than the other room. Kim Myungsoo chose this room to be occupied, not because of it’s size, but because it had a balcony. He will need it. He likes to see the night sky and stars. Also when he can’t sleep or wake up because of nightmares, which happens frequently, fresh air is the only thing that can help him.

As for the other room, that one was for guest. Although he doubted there will be guest for him, well except Song Joong Ki. Probably he is also the only one that will come to his apartment. Or the only one that he allows to enter.

Myungsoo began to unpacking. His belonging wasn’t that much. Though he will have to stay for at least a year, he only brought a few clothes and personal items.

When Myungsoo put the last cloth that he brought in the closet, his phone rang. Song Joong Ki’s name appeared as the caller. With a slow motion, Myungsoo touched the green button and answered the call. “Yeoboseyo?”

“Yeoboseyo, Myungsoo, where are you now? In the apartment already?”

“Yuph. Just finished unpacking.”

Myungsoo could hear Joong Ki laughed. “What do you think about the apartment?”

Kim Myungsoo let his eyes wandered into his surrounding before spoke again. “It’s great. Thank you for telling me about this apartment.”

“Don’t mention it. What is your room number?”

“2104.”

“Alright. So, Alegria Apartment, room number 2104. I’ll keep that in mind.” Joong Ki told him.

***


Hi again.

I made Jessica as Krystal younger sister.

I'm sorry for that. But that is the only thing I can do.

Also sorry for the short chapter, maybe I'll add some more later.

 

I just added Kim Myungsoo into this chapter, as I promised.

I hope you will like it.

Probably I'll post my next chapter tonight, I'm still working on it.

 

Lastly, one of my author said that

The Myungzy shippers are planning to trend #MyungZyinWGM at 9PM, KST tonight.

Maybe you guys can join to.

Cheers ;)

Jbu.