Piece 12

The Story of My Life

“Oh my God! It was so romantic. You are so lucky IU.” Suzy gasped upon hearing IU’s story. She wasn’t aware that she had been holding her breath since IU started her story.

Krystal, who normally wasn’t interested in such a thing, couldn’t help but looked amazed. She shook her head. “Wow.” That was the only word she managed to say.

IU couldn’t hide her happiness. Everyone could she sparks in her eyes. “Do you think so too?”

Suzy smiled. “Of course. Congratulation Lee Ji-eun!”

It was rare for Suzy to say IU’s real name. She would only say it in special occasion. Well, this time was one of the examples.

“Congratulation. You have fully grown up now.” Krystal winked.

“Don’t forget to celebrate it by buying us dinner. And we would like to meet Luhan, because right now he is officially part of our family.” She added with a smile on her lips.

“Wait. Wait. I haven’t finished my story yet. How can you two be so sure that we are dating?”

“Of course we are. What else would you say, beside “Yes, I want to be your girlfriend.”? It’s all written on your face.” Suzy laughed.

***

“Yes, kimchi is a must. I’m sure Unnie misses it. Kimchi is not available in USA right?” Suzy talked to Krystal.

Krystal nodded. “Okay, so kimchi.” She put the vegetables in the trolley.

“What else should we buy?” Krystal asked Suzy.

“Hemm..” Suzy read the list on her hand. “IU is weighing the meat, means only eggs left.”

 “I think I saw it near the drinks rack.” Krystal pointed to one direction.

“Just wait here, I’ll get it.” Suzy told her.

She arrived on the place and began to look for good eggs. She was about to take one pack of eggs when suddenly there was another hand which also grab it. Suzy looked up and found a man staring at her.

“I’m sorry Agassi, but can you give these eggs for me?” His voice was deep.

Suzy was about to let go when that man said something.

“I found these first.” He claimed.

Upon hearing that, the competitive side of her awoke. “What? Sorry Ahjussi. But it’s me who found it first.” Suzy tightened her grip on the eggs.

“Ahjussi? You just called me Ahjussi?” Myungsoo asked in disbelief.

“Yes, I’m. Why? You can’t accept that?”

“I can see I’m older than you. But probably you are only one or two years younger than me. Do you think you are still in elementary or what? Don’t you realise your face?” Myungsoo smirked.

Suzy’s face becoming red because of anger. “What do you mean by that?”

“I mean you don’t diserve to call me Ahjussi. Now, stop wasting my time and give these eggs to me.”

“Am I crazy? Why would I give these to crazy Ahjussi like you?” Suzy pulled the pack from Myungsoo’s hand. She was aware of people’s eyes who were looking at them, but she didn’t care.

Myungsoo pulled the pack back from Suzy’s hand. “How dare you said me crazy!” His voice was dangerous, but Suzy wasn’t afraid.

“Yes. You are Ahjussi. And you are crazy.” Suzy tried to take the pack of eggs on Myungsoo’s hand once again.

“Suzy! What are you doing?” Krystal who had been waiting for long finally decided to look for her.  

Taking advantage of her inadvertence, Myungsoo quickly pulled the pack and walked away.

“Yah! Ahjussi! Give that back to me!” Suzy ran and tried to take the pack.

Startled, Myungsoo lost his grip and the pitiful eggs hit the supermarket floor.

Suzy gasped. So did Myungsoo.

“See what you have done. You can have those now.” Using his chin, Myungsoo pointed the broken eggs which was scattered on the floor.

“Mwo?? It’s you who lost your grip on it. So it’s your fault.”

Ignoring Suzy’s sentences, Myungsoo continued to walk away.

“Yah! Ahjussi! Ahjussi! Wait!!” Suzy was about to chase him, when Krystal stopped her.

“Enough Suzy. We have to pay for the eggs that you have broken.”

***

“Good morning Sir. It’s very nice to be able to see you again. You have grown up a lot. I almost couldn’t recognize you. You are very handsome, even more than your dad when he was your age.” Mr Park gretted the young man in front of him.

Myungsoo smiled. A genuine one. He still can remember this man. Mr Park, his father best friend. Also the one who will be responsible for him.

“How are you Uncle? I’m happy to meet you too. You haven’t seemed aging at all.”

Both of them laughed. “I’m fine. I’ll help you adjust in here Sir. You can ask me about work or anything.”

“Thank you Uncle. Anyway, you can just address me comfortably like before. Don’t call me Sir, just Myungsoo.”

Mr Park tried to argue. “I don’t think that’s a ....”

“That’s the first thing you can help me with.“ Myungsoo gave Mr Park a warm smile once again.

After that Mr Park introduced him to another employees.

“I’m new here. I hope you all can help me and support me. Thank you.” Myungsoo bowed to the pople that had gathered in front of him.

Myungsoo sudden arrival creating different reactions from his co-workers. But one thing for sure, they were all surprised and wondered why the son of the owner of the company gave them an honor of visit. All of them have heard of Kim Myungsoo. The only son of Kim Seon Soo. The heir of Kim Corp.

Kim Corp Korea was the first company that Kim Soen Soo built when he was young. Then the company grew bigger and he decided to open a branch in Amerika. After his wife died, he brought Myungsoo with him to live in Amerika. He left Mr Park in charge for Kim Corp Korea.

***

“He is so hot. So cool.”

“Without rain, without wind, he is here suddenly. That’s weird.”

“See his face. His eyes.. I think I can melt there.”

“It’s unconfortable to have director who is a lot younger than you.”

“What can a young guy like him do? Run a company? Pshh. You have to be kidding me.”

Although in front of him, the other employees seemed to be happy with his arrival, but in his back many different comments could be heared.

Those comments reached Myungsoo, but he doesn’t care. As long as they could cooperate and work with him so he can finish his task, it’s enough for him. After all, they were just co-workers and nothing more than that.

***

The first day in the company was harsh. Myungsoo had to catch up with work. He had to learn so many things. He also had to deal with his co-workers who treated him like he was a king.

So at the end of working hours, his energy has completely drained. The only thing he wanted to do was lying on his bed, but he remembered he had had an appointment with Joong Ki.

Joong Ki would cook for him, but he had to buy the ingridients. Lazily, he turned his car and entered one supermarket.

Myungsoo was busy checking the list that Joong Ki had texted him, when he saw a certain girl heading toward the eggs station.

“Right. Eggs.” Myungsoo mumbled to himself and began to walk there too.

He arrived on the station and began to look for good eggs. He was about to take one pack of eggs when suddenly there was another hand which also grab it. Myungsoo turned and found a certain girl he had seen earlier looking at him.

“I’m sorry Agassi, but can you give these eggs for me?” Myungsoo asked with his deep voice.

He saw that eggs first so he added. “I found these first.”

But the girl in front of him refused to let go and worser she called him Ahjussi.

Couldn’t accept that Myungsoo raised his voice.

After that we all know what happened. The eggs-crazy-ahjussi incident.

At the end the eggs that the two were fighting for fell and broken.

“Hufft. Today is really a bad day.” Myungsoo muttered to himself.

With that he turned and left the girl. He didn’t bother to look back although he could hear the girl called him Ahjussi over and over.

***


I'm back guys...

Sorry for not updating for a very long time.

I don't have any other excuse other than I was so lazy these days.

Mianhae.. *bow*

I'll try to find my inspiration and write dilligently again.

Anyway, finally Kim Myungsoo met Bae Suzy..

Yeiyy..., *being crazy*