Piece 10

The Story of My Life

Myungsoo woke up in the middle of the night because of a nightmare. The same nightmare that kept haunt him even after many years have already passed. Back to Korea, the place where his nightmare began, it’s getting worse.

Myungsoo sighed in frustation. He could feel his hands shake a little. His heart was beating fast. Despite knowing that it is impossible for him to continue his sleep after the nightmare that he had had, he still tried to get back into slumber. Because only when he is asleep he can forget the things that he want to forget. Or maybe not. Lately, the past that he wants to bury keeps chasing him even when he was resting.

After had stirred his body into many different positions and realized that his effort was useless, finally Myungsoo let out a big sigh. He turned to look at the clock that was standing on the table beside his bed. 01.30 AM. Great. Jong Ki must be sleeping now. He can’t call him. Having no other choice he arose from his sleeping position and walked towards the balcony.

Fresh air, especially night air always has a magic on him. It is always able to help him calm his heart. Soothe his worry. Clear his mind.

He inhaled greedily, hoping for the fresh air that fill his lung could lift his burden. People said time will heal. But how can time heal things which kept hidden? Deep down on his heart, Myungsoo understands, if he doesn’t want to open his heart, the scars and pains won’t be healed. Even after a decade or two.

The problem is he wasn’t ready. Nor that he knew when he will ready. So the only thing he could do was to bury and cover it, that way the others wouldn’t be able to see the real him. The ‘sick’ Kim Myungsoo.

Knowing that tomorrow is going to be the D-Day for him, Kim Myungsoo decided he needs more sleep. He had to be ready. He should prepare his best when he wanted to go to the battlefield, shouldn’t he?

Then, there was no choice, although he hate it, he took the sleeping pill and gladly welcoming the darkness.

***

“Krystal.” Suzy’s big eyes bored into Krystal’s eyes.

Krystal couldn’t avoid her gaze. Suzy had known her for long.Too long.

“Tell me what happen.” Her voice was stern. Unwavering. “Now.”

“I’m alright. I thought I had told you already that I’m alright.” Krystal still preserved her statement.

“You know you can’t lie to me. Maybe you can lie to IU. But not to me. I know you too well.” Suzy’s gaze wouldn’t leave Krystal. Not until she tell her the truth.

The two was in Suzy’s room. IU wasn’t there. Suzy purposefully had chosed a day when IU had a club activity when she invited Krystal to her place. So she could talk to Krystal in private.

 “Actually . . Actually there is a problem in my dad’s company.” Knowing that she couldn’t lie anymore, Krystal decided to speak the truth.

Suzy sighed. When she spoke, her voice was soft. “Problem? Tell me more Krys, so I can understand.”

“Well, one of the person that my dad trust betrayed him. He took the company’s money.” Krystal began to explain.

“Oh my. I’m so sorry to hear that. Why don’t you tell me sooner?” Krystal could see hurt and dissappointment in Suzy’s eyes.

Krystal looked down, didn’t find a word to answer.

“Krys, let me help you. I can call my dad to . . “

“No.” Krystal cut Suzy’s sentences before she was able to finish it.

That excatly the reason why I didn’t tell you about my problem Su. Because I know you will try to help me. Like what you always did. Krystal thought sadly.

“No Suzy. I appreciate your concern. But .. Let me. . Ani. . Let my family handle this problem.”

“But I’m your friend Krys. Friend should help each other.” Suzy could be so stubborn when it comes to the people close to her.

 “I know. And you have helped me enough. I don’t want to add your burden.”

“Are you sure Krys?”

“Yes.”

Suzy still looked worried although she then nodded her head. “Alright. But let me know if you need my help. Anytime. And don’t ever try to hide anything again from me.” Suzy warned Krystal.

Now Krystal turned to nod. “Don’t tell IU about this, please?”

“I won’t.” Suzy replied shortly.

“Sorry Su. I still not a hundred percent honest with you.” Krystal mumbled in a low voice.

***

IU sat in front of the white grand piano. Eyes closed. Fingers were touching the piano keys. Lips pursed. She was all alone in the music room. Her club activity had ended since an hour ago and all her colleague had already gone home. But IU was still there. Practicing.

School had chosen IU as a representative in the singing competition that will be held in three months. The singing competition was a prestigious competition that has been targeted by IU since long. Winners of the competition will have the chance to get a scholarship to study in the field of music for three years in France. It is IU’s biggest dream.

In that competition IU is going to sing while playing the piano.

Her fingers gently touching the right keys one by one, producing sweet yet sad melody. The piano sound then soon followed by her soft and clear voice, creating such a perfect harmony. Everyone thought that she was blessed with the musical talent since she had born. That wasn’t completely wrong. It’s true that she was a girl with perfect pitch. It’s true her unique voice was gifted. However what she gained until now, she had worked hard for it.

She used to practice until midnight. She couldn’t drink cold beverages or eat greasy foods. She used to sit in front of her piano or pick her guitar string when her friends enjoyed the night watching movie or hanging out with their boyfriend / girlfriend. She used to memorize the lyrics or think about music arrangements until she felt her head was about to explode.

Neverthless she never complained. Because she love it. Because she enjoy it. Because she felt lost without music.

It had just lately there was something that disturb her routine. Her passion.  Well, maybe not something. Instead it was someone. Someone that keeps appear on her mind. Someone that without IU realized had stolen most of her time. Someone that made IU’s heart fluttered and her cheeks turned red whenever she thought about him.

“IU! IU!” A voice suddenly called her name. Bringing IU back into reality.

 “Jiyeon? Thought that you had gone home already.” IU asked confusedly to a ponytail girl named Jiyeon, one of her close friend in club.

“Not yet. I’m still waiting for my sister to pick me up. Anyway, that’s not important now. I’m here to tell you something.”

IU creased her eyebrow. “What is it?”

“There is a cute guy in front of the school gate. He is looking for you.” Jiyeon said with enthusiasm.

“Huh? A guy? Looking for me? Who could it be?” IU asked innocently.

Impatient, Jiyeon drew IU’s hand. “Come on. Gather your things. Follow me to the front, you can see it by yourself. It is really a forbidden thing for letting a cute guy waiting for too long.”

IU couldn’t complain. She could only do what Jiyoen had told her. After collecting her things, IU let her hand being dragged with the excited Jiyeon, to the place where the ‘cute guy’ had been waiting for her.

The ‘cute guy’ showed his charming smile which could melt an iceberg, when he saw IU.

The guy waved his hand. “Hey, IU.”

“Luhan?”

***


Hey, another update here. :)

Sorry if this chapter a bit boring. But I need this plot.

Don't worry and please anticipate the next chapter.

Myungsoo will meet Suzy. :p

Thank you for those who have subscribed, upvoted, and left comments.

*Bow*

Jbu.