Piece 15

The Story of My Life

“I’m sorry Su. I really am.” Krystal bowed her head immediately as soon as she saw Suzy.

Suzy was walking alone from the library, when Krystal who had been searching for her all day, finally was able to find her.

Suzy was about to spill her dissapointment because Krystal didn’t come yesterday, but swallowed it again when she saw Krystal’s pale face. Instead, she asked, “Are you okay Krys?”

Hearing Suzy’s gentle voice, Krystal almost couldn’t hide her condition anymore. Almost. Not meeting Suzy’s eyes, Krystal answered. “Me? Of course I’m okay. At least for today.”

“What do you mean?”

“I was about to come. But suddenly I felt so dizzy. The world started spining and I couldn’t even wake up from my bed.” Krystal explained. “But as you can see, I’m okay already. So stop giving me that worried look.”

“I’m sorry to hear that. You should have told me Krys.” Suzy gave Krystal a warm hug.

“I wanted to tell you. But I was too dizzy to do that. I’m sorry Su.”

“It’s alright. I’m the one who shall say sorry.” Suzy smiled reasuringly. “But are you really okay now? Your face still look so pale.”

“Yeah. Really. I just need to rest some more.”

“You should Krystal Jung! I notice you are taking so many part time job to help your father. Is there really nothing I can help?” Suzy asked with concern.

“No. I can handle things Suzy. I just need to rest a bit and I promise I won’t be too tired. My father is looking for job currently. After he gets a job everything will come back as how it used to be. So don’t worry.” Krystal tried to sound confident. “I’m sorry Su. For lying to you again and again.”

“That’s great. Your father is a hard-working person. I’m sure he will be able to get a job easily.” Suzy gave Krystal a sincere smile.

“If that’s really what happen Su.” Krystal thought bitterly. She nodded. “Anyway, please relay my apology to Ji Hyo Unnie. Tell her I’ll come to your apartment tomorrow to see her.”

Suzy held out her thumb. “Let’s go to the class together then. Come on Krys.”

***

“Are you sure Krys? You don’t want to go with us? Jongin can drop you in your house. Right Jongin-ah?” Suzy turned her head to look to her boyfriend who was sitting on the driver seat. 

Jongin just nodded in a reply.

“I need to go to one of my part time job. And it’s very close to our school. So, no. Thank you. Just enjoy your time together.” Krystal told both Jongin and Suzy.

“What? But you promised you won’t be too tired. Beside you just got sick Krys.”

“I know. I know. But I need to go, unless I want my boss to fire me. See you tomorrow Suzy-ah! Jongin-ah!” Krystal waved her hand, then turned to run.

“Krys!!!” Suzy shouted, but Krsytal had already dissapeared.

Suzy shook her head. “Krystal make me worry. I know something big is going on and she is just trying to be okay in front of me. But she wouldn’t let me help her. If she already said no, then she won’t change her mind no matter what.” Suzy expressed her frustation to Jongin.

Hearing that, Jongin’s memory traveled back to the conversation he had with Krsytal the day before.

“My father went bankrupt, Jongin-ah.” Krystal said with a small voice. Finally she wanted to speak after Jongin had threatened to call Suzy.

“One of his employee, the one who he trusted the most had deceived him. He took the company’s money and ran away, leaving big amount of debt in my father’s name.” Krsytal continue her story.

“After that, Appa tried whatever he can to save the company, but failed. With a small money left, he then tried to open another smaller company, but wasn’t succeed either. In the end, he just brought our family fell into deeper darkness.” Krystal stopped for a while to take a deep breath.

“And... and since.. since then, my father wasn’t a same person anymore.” Krystal’s voice began to shake, as she tried her best not to cry. “Appa started to drink, drink, and drink some more. And when he is drunk he starts to beat my mom and... and....” Krystal couldn’t continue her sentence, as Jongin had given her a hug.

“I’m sorry Krys. I’m sorry to hear that. I’m also sorry for forcing you to tell the story.” Jongin said very gently while hugging Krystal.

Krystal didn’t know what has gotten into her. But she felt so comfortable in Jongin’s arm. So she cried there for a while. Well, maybe she was just too tired with everything and deep inside she knew she needs someone to share her burden. That’s why instead of angry, actually she was so thankful for Jongin forcing her to tell her problem.

Jongin patted Krystal’s back. He never imagined that Krystal, one of the princess of Jivana High, was actually having a very big problem. He had known Krystal even before he knew Suzy. They were classmate in the first year of the senior high. In fact, it was Krystal who helped him to get close to Bae Suzy.

“I’m alright now, Jongin. Thank you.” Krystal let go of the hug.

Jongin could not just ignore anyone he consider as friend and Krystal Jung was definitely his friend. “I think I can help Krys. I can ask my dad to find a vacancy for your father.” Jongin said after thinking carefully.

Krystal gave a weak smile. Her eyes and nose was still red from all the crying, but when she speak, her voice was already clear. “If only Appa wants to work for other people’s company Jongin. However, he only want to become a boss for his own company, he don’t want to just be an employee.”

Jongin raised his eyes, couldn’t understand. “What do you mean Krys?”

“Appa is actually a good man Jongin-ah. Unfortunatelly he is also ambitious and have a big pride. It’s the reason why he couldn’t accept that he had failed and his pride prevents him to acknowledge his fall. Working as an employee for another people’s company means declaring his failure, that’s why Appa don’t want to do it.” Krystal explained tiredly.

“But that doesn’t make sense Krys. I understand he used to be a boss of his own company and he might be embarrased have to become a mere employee all of sudden. But I can’t understand why he can’t swallow his pride for his family sake. Further more this is just for temporary. I believe if your father work hard he will be able to gather some money and open his own company again.” Jongin tried to think clearly.

“I said that to my father. But he said he was not young anymore, he couldn’t waste more time to start again from the very bottom. That’s why he told me to ask help from Suzy.” ‘Here comes the darkest part of the story.’ Krystal thought bitterly.

“Ask help from Suzy?” dumbounded, Jongin asked.

“Yes. You know Suzy comes from a very rich family. Suzy’s father can just lend my father some amount of money and he can open his company again right away. The thing is I can’t bring myself to ask help from Suzy. Not after what Appa had done to Suzy and his dad years ago.”

“What? Did your father do something to Suzy’s family?” Jongin asked with full concern.

“Yes, but that’s another long story Jongin. I’m too tired to tell you right now. Can I just tell you another time, Jongin-ah?” Krystal asked with a low voice, her eyes was started to become heavy.

Noticing Krystal condition, Jongin nodded without protest. “Ahh. I’m sorry Krystal-ah. Don’t worry about telling me the story, you should just rest now.”

Jongin accompanied Krystal until she fell asleep, which was only took a short time. Krystal fell asleep quickly that day. Both from the exhaustion,-mentally and physically-, and also from the effect of the medicine the doctor had given her.

“Jongin??? Are you still there? Yah! Kim Jongin!!”

Suzy’s voice snapped Jongin from his memory. He didn’t realize that he was losing his focus for a while. However, realizing Susy was still waiting for his answer, he shuttered. “Ummm. Well maybe Krystal has her own reason for not telling you. I believe she will tell you if she thinks you really need to know. Don’t wory Suzy-ah.” Jongin gave her his sweetest smile.

***


Hey guyss...

I know.. I know..

I've been missing for so long.

But as I promised, I wouldn't abandon this story.

So, here I am ..

I hope I can update regularly. But I won't promise anything.

Please do comments, subscribe, and upvote..

Thank you <3