Piece 11

The Story of My Life

“Ah. Yes. Yes. I understand.Don’t worry, Krystal and IU are going with me... Yuph. Pass my greeting to your mom. Bye.” Suzy finished her conversation with Jongin on the phone.

“How is it Suzy-yah?” Krystal asked without looking at Suzy direction. She and IU had been watching a drama in Suzy’s room in a serious manner.

“Jongin can’t drive us to the supermarket. He have to accompany her mom to the hospital to do a routine check-up.” Suzy told Krystal the conversation she had earlier.

“Then, what should we do? Your driver is sick and we still aren’t allowed to drive by ourselves.” Krystal stated the obvious.

Suzy thought for a moment. “Hemm. We can go by taxi.”

“No. I can call my driver.” Suddenly IU interrupted.

“Yah! Why don’t you said it earlier?” Krystal threw a pillow to her and IU laughed.

***

“What? Yesterday you had a date with Luhan?” Suzy asked in a loud voice.

The one who had being asked could only nod her head in embarrassment.

“Oh my God. Where did he bring you? What did you two do? Tell me.” Suzy asked nonstop.

The three was in IU’s car. They were going to the supermarket near Suzy’s place to buy groceries for Ji Hyo’s arrival tomorrow.

“He.. He brought me to watch a movie and then.. And then we had a dinner.” IU began to share her story shyly.

Krystal chuckled upon seing IU’s red cheeks. There must be something more for her bestfriend to look so embarassed but also happy at the same time.

“Did he confess to you?” Sharp, Krystal asked IU.

“How can you know?” Shocked, IU asked back without realize that her question had just confirmed Krystal guess.

Both Krystal and Suzy laughed. “So he really confessed.”

“Ah.. That..” Realizing her stupidity, IU couldn’t form a sentence.

“Mind to tell us the chronology?” Suzy, being as curious as always, couldn’t refrain from asking.

“Well .. “ IU began the story about the day that she will not be able to forget for the rest of her life.

***

“Luhan?” IU asked in disbelief. “What are you doing here?”

Luhan pretended to be hurt. “Aww. You broke my heart. Why can’t I be here? I am your friend, am I not?”

“Ah. I didn’t mean it like that. It’s just... How can you know that I’m here?”

Luhan smiled. “I remember you told me that you had a club activity on Friday. But I don’t know what time your club ends. So I just tried my luck and came here. And see?? I was lucky for you are still here.” Luhan showed his charming smile one more time, making IU’s heart jumped uncontrollably.

Being forgotten, Jiyeon made a noise to attrack IU and Luhan’s attention. “Ehm.” She faked a cough. “Sorry to disturb you two, but I’m still here if you by chance forget about it.”

Luhan gave her an apologetic smile. “Ahh. I’m sorry. Also thank you for your help earlier Miss.”

Jiyeon smiled back. Right at that time a car horns could be heared. “Don’t mind it. Anyway, I think my sister is here already. I will go now. Enjoy your time.” Jiyeon began to run to her sister’s car but then she stop midway and turned to IU. She winked. “You owe me a story.”

With that she was gone, leaving Luhan and IU behind.

“Ehem.”Luhan cleared his throat. “I think we have to go too now.”

“Go? Where?”

“How about watching a movie?” Luhan suddenly asked.

IU was shocked for a moment but then she slowly smiled. “Sounds great.”

***

“What do you want to watch IU? Drama, comedy, action?” Luhan asked the small girl beside him.

“How about that one? It seems interesting.” IU pointed one movie poster. In the poster they could see a family being trapped in the jungle. “I like adventure genre.”

“Of course.” Luhan smiled and went to the ticketing counters.

After that the couple spent two hours watching the movie. Like IU had predicted, it wasn’t dissapointing. In fact the movie was really thrilling and exciting. Especially the sound effects and the quality of the pictures.

Both are still engrossed in discussing the movie they had just watched when without a notice IU’s stomach began to grumble.

Hearing that, Luhan couldn’t control his laughter. On the other hand IU could only look down to hide her red cheeks. “Stupid stomach! Why did you choose this moment to voice your protest? You embarrassed me.” She muttered in a low voice.

After had calmed himself, Luhan told IU. “Let’s go get something to eat.”

“Sorry Luhan. I haven’t eaten since this morning, that’s why. Ehm.. That’s why my stomach....” Ashamed, IU felt the need to explain.

Luhan didn’t let IU to finish her sentences. “What? Haven’t eaten since morning? But it is seven PM already. No wonder your stomach complained. Don’t do this again in the future. Eat regularly or else you will be sick. Come on, I know a good restaurant around here.” Luhan held IU’s hand.

IU didn’t say anything, but silently she was enjoying the concern Luhan gave to her also the warmth coming from Luhan’s hand which was wrapping hers.

***

Luhan brought IU to a particular restaurant which had a rooftop. Other than that the restaurant also had a live music with a medium LCD in one of the corner. So there they were. Enjoying the night view of Seoul accompanied by a mellow song. The restaurant was very crowded, but because Luhan was a regular customer, they managed to get a seat.

“Wow. The view . . . Is priceless. . .” IU said in excitement. She was mesmerized by the beauty her hometown had offered.

Luhan didn’t reply IU’s sentences, instead he was busy looking the girl beside him. If IU was mesmerized by the view, then Luhan was mesmerized by IU’s smile. A smile which presented a turbulence on his heart. Making it unable for him to take his eyes off.

Felt that she was being watched, IU turned her head and caught Luhan’s eyes staring right into hers. For a while neither of them said anything, they were just staring into one another. Both were enjoying the comfortable silent.

Luhan was the first one who broke it. “You are so beautiful.”

It has already become a habit for IU’s cheeks to turn red whenever she gets near Luhan. “Thank you.” She said in a whisper.

Luhan cleared his throat. “Sorry for suddenly said that. Ehem. Let’s order now. You must be hungry.” Luhan quickly changed the topic.

IU smiled and nodded.

They were in the middle of eating their delicious foods when Luhan excused himself to go to the toilet.

IU looked her watch in a worry. It had been fifteen minutes already, but Luhan still wasn’t back. “Is he alright? What if he is sick?” IU said to herself.

“This song is to a special girl over there.” Suddenly IU heard Luhan’s voice. She turned and found Luhan stood in the middle of the stage. After that what had happened was like a dream for IU. Luhan’s voice. A song which was dedicated for her.

My love,

There’s only you in my life

The only thing that’s bright

My first love,

You’re every breath that I take

You’re every step I make

And I (I-I-I-I)

I want to share

All my love with you

No one else will do

And your eyes

Your eyes, your eyes

They tell me how much you care

Ooh Yes, you will always be

My endless love

Forever (oooh)

I’ll hold you close in my arms

I can’t resist your charms

And love

Oh, love

I’ll be a fool

For you,

I’m sure

You know I don’t mind

Cause you,

You mean the world for me

Oh . I know. I know.

I’ve found in you

My endless love

-Endless Love, Lionel Richie-

 

Everyone at the restaurant stood, cheered and clapped together when Luhan had finished his song. As for IU, she couldn’t even progress the reality which had just happened.

Luhan bowed and then raised his hand to get everyone’s attention. In a second the sound of hands clapping and the shouts quited down. Everyone was anticipating what Luhan would say next.

Luhan tightened his grip on the mic and exhaled before said. “IU, I know we haven’t known each other for that long, but I think you have succeed made me fall in love. Will you be my girlfiend?” At the time Luhan said that, the LCD suddenly blinked and showed those five words. ‘Will you be my girlfriend?’

***


I know I said Myungsoo and Suzy will meet in this chapter.

That's why I want to say sorry for having to delay it.

The confession is longer than I expected, so I decided to split it into two.

Please give me your opinions, don't forget to subscribe and upvotes.

*bow 180 degree*

JBU :)