Chapter 2: Cake and Macchiato

FATE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It has been a week since Chaerin having a cookies from Dara, it has been a week since her mind going unstable. And it has been a week since she is focusing all her mind to her work and their new company opening at Busan, she is also spending more time with Jiyong and let him touch her more than before. Eventhough she did not let Jiyong have it all the way, still...

...sometimes Jiyong's touch cannot erase the taste of the cookies and the thought of kissing Dara's pink lip.

"Oh my God, what the hell is happen with me?" Chaerin throw all of the paper in her desk and storms away from her office.

It is 11.47 am, every one are busy preparing for the Samsung and KIA new car presentation, they also got an offer from Ralph Laureen and DKNY. Chaerin tap her shoes and walk into the lift, press the G button.

She saw the cafe by the time the door's lift is open, there are no many people sit on the cafe. She can see a man with muscular body and tall mopping the floor, his face is cute, reminds her of the sweet face of Dara.

Dara!

She is sitting on the corner table, with a red apron and her brown hair was loose on her shoulder. She ate something and definitely munching something, while reading a book. Without Chaerin know, she walk closer to Dara.

"Is that delicious?" Chaerin swore to herself, she want to run away and disappear like a thin air.

"Eh?" Dara look at the person who is asking about her food, a little bit annoyed, but when she saw who is standing in front of her, she made a big fat smile.

Chaerin standing in front of her, with her fierce eyes and cute expression. She look stunning on her working suits, Dara bite her fork and ask Chaerin to sit in front of her.

"I made it, a new recipe. Want some? My treat." Dara reach Chaerin hand and pull her to sit in front of her gently.

"But-"

"You'll love it." Dara gives a smile again.

"Okay." Dara never expected a girl with such persona and charismatic like Chaerin, turns out to be very cute and docile like now.

"Dungie! Please get me another rainbow citrus cake!"

Dara can see Chaerin biting her lower lip and sit uncomfortable in front of her, while she is enjoying the scenery in front of her. A beautiful golden blonde haired girl, with y lip and y figure.

"Here you go noona." Cheondung put the cake on the table and stares at his noona, Dara made a gesture to tell him to go away.

"The filling is a lemon curd and the frosting is orange." Dara push the plate with tri-colored cake with a lemon layer, lime layer and an orange layer.

The soft color and the fresh smell from the cake tempted Chaerin's nose, she cut a little piece of the cake with her fork and put it into . The favor of three different type of orange spread on , spoiling her sense and made her smile. She look at Dara, who is know smiling happily at her.

"Its good right?" Dara smirk.

"It is, I love it." Chaerin smiles like a little girl and put another piece into .

Dara notice an orange frosting is left at the end of Chaerin's lip edge, she shove it with her thumb and unconciously her own thumb. Chaerin aware of it and stunned.

"Sorry, I feel a waste of letting a good frost not to be eaten." Dara making an excuses as she see Chaerin's face turn red, she really want to hit herself right now.

"Stupid me! With stupid habit!" Dara blame her own unconcious self.

"Eh, I have to go, thank you for the cake." Chaerin left the cake half eaten, nod at Dara and walking away from the cafe.

"Damn..." Dara murmured as she is disappointed looking Chaerin walks aways faster from her.

Little Dara know, Chaerin having a difficult time in her own head whether she need to stay and finish the delicious cake or leave as soon as possible because she cannot handle her feeling when she feel Dara's thumb on her lip.

"God!" Chaerin yelling inside the lift, but manage to stay calm and compose when she walk out even her heart goes pitter patter.

"Something definitely happen to you." Seungri approach Chaerin.

"I'm not."

"Yes, you are. Even Minho hyung ask me about this."

"I am not!" Chaerin shouting and walk into her room, then close the door in front of Seungri's face.

"This girl! Really!" Seungri opens the door and throw his anger toward Chaerin.

"Yah! Are you nuts? How dare you do that to me? I'm older than you!"

"I'm sorry oppa... really. Can we not start a fight? I'm really tired and confuse right now. Please go away." Chaerin drop her head on her table, Seungri wants to start arguing, but looking at how Chaerin depressed, he head back and walks away from Chaerin's office.

Seungri walking to Minho's office, he knock the door and when Minho let him in, he put on his serious face.

"Lately our baby sister is weird. She is spacing out, she is flusttered." Seungri open the conversation.

"Do you think something happen with Jiyong?"

"Do you think Jiyong do something to her hyung?"

"I'm the one who will kill him if the do that." Minho clench his fist, he never like Jiyong since Chaerin introduce him to the family.

"Do you think she is pregnant hyung?"

"Yah! Don't you dare thinking like that! My sister will not surrender to Jiyong and let him having his way on her!" Minho standing and pointing his finger at Seungri, showing his mad face.

"I'm sorry hyung, I don't mean it that way. But, come on... its been a week since she's stop fighting me."

"Hhhhhh... Let's have lunch with her."

Both of the boys walking inside Chaerin's office and drag their sister outside, making Chaerin confuse.

"What are you two up to? I still have a meeting this afternoon." Chaerin protesting.

"We know." They says in unison.

Since both of the boys were stronger than her, Chaerin cannot say anything else but following where her two oppas dragging her. The lift always open in front of the cafe, Chaerin's heart flutter when she saw Dara serving the same cake to her customer. The idea of sharing the cake made her frown, and the idea of sharing Dara made her face even more sad.

Minho awares of it, he stares at Dara and then stares again at his little sister. Now he knows what makes Chaerin spacing out these whole week.

"Seungri, lets have a few cakes after we have lunch." Minho gave the idea, Seungri smilling in agreement.

"Eh... don't wanna!" Chaerin object to the idea, she still did not know how to face Dara after their little incident a few minutes ago.

"She only act cute in front of us..." Seungri stares at Chaerin who is now puts her pouting face.

"She is, she never acting cute even in front of Jiyong." Minho intentionally saying those words a little bit louder, makes sure Dara hear it.

Dara did.

She made an eye contact with Minho, and having Minho wink his eye to her. Dara a little bit surprise, but then she know that Minho is into something. Since he is dragging Chaerin to the lobby with Seungri following them.

"I know who is in your head, talk to oppa tonite okay?" Minho whispering on Chaerin's ears and smirking.

"..." Chaerin loss at words, and only Seungri did not know anything about it.

 

Turns out Jiyong asking Chaerin to company him for his parents wedding anniversary tonight, so Chaerin feels safe from her brother question. Minho insisted he will be the one who will drop Chaerin to Jiyong parent's house, he did not let Chaerin use a driver to take her to Jiyong's. 

Minho still thinking Chaerin as a little baby, she is twenty three, she is capable of doing anything, she managed to get a big investor and big clients, she acts cold and she cannot drive a car yet. Since, Minho always freak out whenever Chaerin touch the car steer.

Jiyong nodding to Minho, showing his respect. Since Minho is a year older than him, and since Minho will be his brother in law. No matter how the two of them hate each other to the bone. 

"Take care of her."

"I will." Jiyong gives a smile then put his arm into Chaerin's waist, lead her to go inside the house.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter