Oh Mother...

I Don't Care...I Think

Someone should praise me for enduring four hours of idiocy everyday. I should be getting an award soon one of these days. I swear I don't know how I can stand an idiot like Sungyeol. The dude has no brains. He keeps rambling nonsense.

Thankfully, my shift is over and I'm walking down the path I usually take to go home. I walk through a small park near the cafe. It's so peaceful here. I walk as slow as I can to take in this peacefulness and relax a bit. It's getting colder as it's nearing Autumn; I put my scarf closer to my face. The cold wind slapping my cheeks, but I don't care as long as I can enjoy this peacefulness with the oak trees aligning the side of the park as they barricade me inside the green blanket of grass. As I was enjoying my walk, I pass a vendor who usually isn't there, selling hair bows. I was just about to pass by when I noticed a turquoise and magenta one that caught my eye. She'll love it. I smiled and decided to buy it.

I gave the older woman the money as she says “Your girlfriend will love it.” with a bright smile on her face.

“Um...this isn't for my girlfriend but thank you” I said trying to laugh off her confused face from my answer.

She probably now thinks I'm weird and that I probably crossdress. Oh hell to the no. I walk away with a small smile on my face. I know she'll love it.

The warmness of my house welcomes me as I open the door. Taking off my shoes I rush to my room before my mom sees me.

Right about the time I turned the corner she yells “Myungsoo, come here!”

Ugh, I don't want to talk to you right now. I reluctantly turn back towards the kitchen where my mother is. Don't get me wrong, I like my mom it's just sometimes...

“Myungsoo, guess what?!” she said while cutting up potatoes and onions. Seems like she's making jajangmyeon again...

“Hm?”

“I planned a karaoke night with the Cho family! It'll be so much fun!”

“No” I'm becoming anti-social after all.

“Eh, Myungsoo don't be like that, the Cho are a very nice family and they have a daughter around your age as well!” What she wants me to date already?!

“I said no, I'm not going, but have fun” as I got ready to turn.

“Myungsoo, what has gotten into you? You love singing! Why don't you go out and do something about it, ooh maybe get scouted?!” she waved the knife as if it was a wand.

See what I mean, annoying.

“I mean you have plenty of time on your hands after school, might as well use it wisely to enhance your inner voice” What nonsense is she babbling about?

“Mom, I never liked singing, you forced me remember?”

“Nonsense, that's your dream!” She let go of the knife in disbelief and came forward. Oh gosh...here we go again.

“No, it isn't. I don't care about that. I just want to be carefree and ignore everyone. I don't like doing those things anyways. Why can't you understand?!” I said with an exasperated tone.

“Who in their right mind would want a boring life!” she said holding my shoulders and looking dead straight into my eyes.

“I do, now stop questioning about the actions I make about my life” I told her with a serious face.

“Myungsoo...what happened to that little boy who always smiled while singing?” she asked with a frown on her face.

“I'm still here it's just I don't smile to please you anymore...call me when dinner is ready” as I turned around towards my room.

“Hm...”

My mom can be so dramatic sometimes. She doesn't want to understand that I never cared for those things. I guess you could say that I want to be normal or someone who doesn't want to please so many strangers. I guess that's the reason...as I closed my door.

My parents used me as some sort of trophy and I got tired of that. They were always trying, no, forcing me to be part of the choir and go through dance school like if that was the only way to be proud of me. I bet they can be proud of me in other ways, but they can't seem to take that blindfold off and see me as who I am so I'm trying to just please myself. This is one of the reasons why I feel no need to care about others because if my parents hadn't cared about others than they would never had forced me to do these things.

That's my simple explanation, I don't actually plan to change. I want a chill life, no excitement whatsoever.

I lay down on my bed after changing from my uniform.

Mmm my bed is so comfortable...Oh wait...I have homework...damn...okay...I'll do it after eating...I think as I close my eyes.

“Myungsoo!”

“Hmm”

“Food is ready!”

“hmm...ore time..”

Whack!! I hear as my pillow is thrown at me. I open my eyes searching for the culprit with my foggy vision from just waking up.

“Why you little...”

“You little what, Myungsoo?” “I dare you to finish that statement?!” yelled my mom with her arms crossed against her chest and her eyebrow raised.

“Hmph...nothing. I thought you were Namjoo.” I said as I lazily got up from bed.

“Ahh, well I wonder what she's done to deserve whatever you were gonna say?”

“Nothing compared to you guys” I said as I pass her heading towards the door.

“What have we done?!” she yelled to my back.

“Enough” as I looked back to her slightly furious face.”Now let's go eat.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Myungsoo, I don't think it was necessary to say that” dad said.

Of course she told him. She can't hold in so much disappointment in one night. She probably thinks she has a jerk as a son. She should brag to the world about me. Bet they'll care.

“It just came out”

“How do a few sentences just come out?”

“Naturally, I guess” I said as I eat more noodles.

“Stop being a smartass”

“At least you can consider me smart, isn't that something to show off.” I look at him as I hear Namjoo snicker next to me.

“Dad, just eat. Don't wear yourself out.” Namjoo says with a bright smile on her face.

“Aish...this kid” he said as he continues eating.

My mother continues eating her serving when she points two of her fingers towards me and back to her and back towards me as if she's watching me. This is why I can't take my mom seriously. When she does those things I honestly could care less. It also lessens her credibility of a mature woman, yep slowly decreasing...

Times like this I stare at my mom and back at my dad, how in the world did they meet or stay together? Oh gosh I'm being curious...I'm losing my touch...I mean my dad is a respectable business man while my mom is a housewife who's known for having such a social life. Cough...gossip..cough.They're pretty respected in church which is one of the reasons they highly wanted me in the choir. But I think my mom watches too much tv, it got her brainwashed of what kind of son she wanted plus Namjoo watches all her idols which doesn't help either.

Ugh I am contradicting myself...why am I so curious all of a sudden?

 

 

 

 

A/N: Thank you to those reading! I know I'm not a good writer but as I repeat, I'm trying my best! Please if there are suggestions or comments for improvement, please let me know, I'll totally appreciate it and don't worry I won't get hurt :) Also I will be updating with short chapters because I feel more comfortable with them.