Lunch Reunion

I Don't Care...I Think

I go towards the cafeteria, that short haired girl in front of me. Having looked at me so much during class, she didn't glance towards me, such a strange girl...not that I'm complaining. I walk up to the line, waiting for these people to hurry up and choose their lunches. The neverending yacking of other students, the neverending barks of the girls around me. Ugh. How I hate to be here sometimes, it just bores me to death. Just as I thought it couldn't get worse, Sungyeol yells my name and goes towards me.

“Hey buddy, you ran off earlier”

I stare ahead of me.

“Man the ladies are all over you”

*sigh* “Yea do you want to take them away from me” I asked. Did I just ask a question? What the hell, Kim Myungsoo, what's wrong with you?

“Nah, I got myself a girl already. She's way more mature than the girls our age. She actually happens to be a year younger than us. She said she has a brother coming here as well but she never mentions his name, so I don't know him. She's so adorable, long straight hair, with cute side bangs”

“Why are you talking to me?” I say irritated. Here I go again...wow I seem to be unable to commit to things.

“Well, aren't you Mr. Grumpy Pants. I thought I could keep you company seeing that you seem to be alone all the time”

“Maybe there's a reason why I'm always alone, have you thought of that. Just go back to your friends” I say irritated.

“Dude, you need to calm down and realize you’re such a loner”

“I want to be alone, got it?”

“Damn, dude just trying to help you out”

Ugh when is he going to leave! I thought as I finally reached the end of the line to order my food. I swear it seems I'm a Sungyeol magnet and seeing him at work is the most I can endure of him.

As I receive my food I walk away as fast as I could but not without bumping into someone.

“Hey watch where..well if it isn't Myungsoo...haven't seen you in like two years! How have you been?” asked a grinning boy named Baekhyun.

“Sorry I didn't mean to bump into you.”

“Dude, you want to sit with us at the table?” Baekhyun asks.

I look at where Baekhyun is nodding his head towards at and see everyone we had hung out with since young. Seeing them all together was nostalgic even if it was almost two years when I just stopped going to choir and stopped talking with them. Baekhyun was the only one that actually put an effort to keep in touch but I just shoved him away.

I was about to say no since I didn't feel like they'll enjoy my presence and I wanted to be alone when I remembered Namjoo's comment about hanging out with friends. I glance back to Sungyeol who was looking for me, when I utter “Sure, hope the guys aren't mad at me though.” Did that just come out of my mouth! Damn...what the hell am I supposed to talk about now? I've just had a pitiful and boring life until now.

“Great! Um...why would they be mad at you though?” asked Baekhyun confused.

“I don't know...maybe because I stopped talking with you guys for two years.”

“Nah, you know them, they don't hold grudges!” he says as he walks towards the table with five guys chattering up about random stuff.

“You know that Girl's Generation always has a better performance than any other girl group around!” yelled Sandeul with his bowlish haircut and super straight teeth.

“I second that!” yelled Jongdae. He got a piercing. I noticed as he raised his hand to approve what Sandeul had said.

“I don't know.. I lean more towards Secret, they can pull off both girly and y concepts” said Daehyun. He's always loved Secret.

“If we're gonna talk about y it has to be 4minute and especially Hyuna, have you seen her in Now!”Hyunsik added his eyes rounding out.

“For reals!! She was super y! Hyunseung was freaking lucky to be so close to her!” Dongjun added.

“I don't know guys, Girl's Generation can be pretty y themselves as well, they don't even have to try ” added Baekhyun as he sat down next to Dongjun, everyone looking at him then at me with rounded eyes.

Baekhyun beckons me to sit next to him while I did just that with a straight face feeling awkward as hell.

“So, guess who bumped into me guys? Our very own Myungsoo!” Baekhyun announces as I give a slight smile and avert my eyes from the surprised faces of my old friends.

...they're gonna tell me to leave, I'm here awkward as hell...what the hell am I supposed to do now?

“What the hell..” Jongdae starts saying, here it comes, they don't want me to be here.

...took you so long to talk to us?” Jongdae finishes his question.

I stare at him with disbelief but relieved at the same time.

“Um.. I kind of wanted to be alone and have some peace...plus I had to figure things out on my own. I didn't think you guys would accept me again since I've been a jerk” I said

“So you assumed we hated you?” Dongjun asked.

“Yea..I kind of decided I wouldn't meddle with other people just so I wouldn't be bothered by them” I said quietly.

“How is that working for you?” asked Sandeul

“Not well, I still get bothered by people” I say with an annoyed expression as Sungyeol's stupid face pops up in my head for a second.

“Well, that's stupid!!” yelled Jongdae.

I look at him.

“Well come on, think about it? Your presence alone would mean that you’re a part of something. If you don't want to meddle into someone's business then don't but that doesn't mean you have to cut yourself from society. If you were so determined to do that you should've moved into the woods or killed yourself.” Jongdae said.

Everyone looks at Jongdae, surprised at his harsh words except for me who just stares at him,

“That's not a bad idea...”

Now everyone's eyes are on me full of worry.

I question the worried looks realizing that the last part Jongdae had said was, “killed yourself” and I widen my eyes and hurriedly reassure them that I never thought of moving into the woods before.

Baekhyun raises his eyebrow towards me, “So you've never had thoughts of...um...killing yourself right?”

“Hells no...I just never thought about moving into the woods before, don't worry guys I'm sane and healthy” I smile.

“That's good, you had me worried for a minute” said Baekhyun.

“Why would you be worried if I basically cut you off out of nowhere?” I ask. Really? Am I freaking being curious? What the hell was this goal for anyways? Just thrown away in a few minutes!

“Cuz' we don't hold grudges, remember.” Baekhyun smiled

“Yea, dude we need to hang out as soon as possible! We got a lot of catching up to do!” Dongjun exclaims.

“But...I decided to not care about anyone so I wouldn't be bothered by their dilemmas...I just want to be alone ” I mention as I start to get up to leave.

“Well you can just throw that idea away, cuz it ain't happening” said Daehyun as he nods to Baekhyun to sit me back down.

I look at him incredulously, shocked and a bit irritated.

“What..the hell.”

 


A/N: I'm so sorry!! I know in the last chapter I said I would update sooner but I overworked myself and got sick :( I'm still sick but feeling better. I'm trying my best to hopefully have Myungsoo open up more and not be a loner but we'll see how that goes. I feel he'll be a bit stubborn with some slip ups here and there as you can see :) Please any comments would be appreciated!