Orange

I Don't Care...I Think

I stare at Namjoo for the longest time during breakfast. Surprisingly, she doesn't seem annoyed but rather happy for some reason. Honestly, I don't even think she was looking at me. She's probably thinking about this Yeollie.

She was smiling so much that it became creepy, but then it looked like she remembered something and her smile slightly faltered slowly becoming into a small frown.

“Yah! Kids, stop being weird!” my mom yells at us.

We both awake from our trance and look at each other confused and turn to our mom.

“Myungsoo stop staring at your sister with that bored expression and Namjoo, honey, it's too early to be bipolar right now”

What is this woman talking about?! She's the one that's bipolar all the time.

“Huh what do you mean mom?” asks Namjoon eyes wide open.

“You keep smiling then you frown right away hon.”

“ Oh, I- I was thinking of my plans for after school” She says as she starts blushing.

“I have so many things I want to do but there is always something that gets in the way”

I notice Namjoon blushing more often now. Probably because of this Yeollie. I observe as she is lost in her plans.

“But honey..” my mom starts with a low tone of voice as Namjoo turns her head rapidly towards mom.

“You're grounded remember. You have to come back home right away.”

Namjoo starts to pout and gets up from her chair and puts her dishes away in the sink and starts walking towards the living room. As she walks pass the doorway she almost leaves without answering mom but then she turns and says with an expressionless face and slightly irritated tone. “I know, you don't have to remind me, that's the thing that is in the way of my plans” and turns towards the door and leaves for school.

She leaves me speechless of her actions. Her behavior doesn't go unnoticed by mom either.

“Did she just talk back to me?” mom asks me in disbelief.

“Yea, yea she did” I respond as I start heading out as well.

“My Namjoo has always been the kind one though” she says as she loses herself in memories of Namjoo.

“Thanks for making me the bad kid, I see where your favoritism lies” I say as I slung my backpack on my shoulder

“ Myungsoo...hon...I didn't-”

“See you whenever I come home” as I open the door and close it on her guilt ridden face.

 

School should be a canceled today, I don't want to be here. I'm tired from last night only having slept a few hours and just the thought of Namjoo with YEOL is eating me. This side of me has never been unleashed before. I don't know how long I can be a calm, indifferent yet protective brother. I don't even know the lengths I'll go to to protect Namjoo. She's my little sister and I love her. Namjoo was all I can think of on my way to school.

I walk towards the school gates with my earphones on blast as I walk towards my locker, a bunch of girls surrounding it as I ignore them. Walking towards class I notice Jongdae and Dongjun a few feet away. They stare right at me and smile as they walk towards me. Once they reach me I calmly walk by them, not giving them a glance and enter class. I am not going to dive into this whole friendship thing. I walk towards my desk and notice a note and inwardly smirk. As I sat down I open the note and question the response. If I remember correctly I responded yesterday to the last note saying I didn't know what made me happy. This person had responded back saying “What?! You don't know!? Ok that's it we seriously need to talk. Meet me in the library. I'll be in the non-fiction section on aisle K-L during lunch. I EXPECT YOU TO BE THERE ON TIME!” in orange pen. I stare at the note wondering why this person asked this question and why he/she cared so much about me, I'm indifferent aren't I? Why bother with me?

*Thud * I faintly hear something drop losing my focus on the note towards the noise that came from my left. As I turn towards the item I notice a hand reaching out for the orange item as I looked closer to it. Seeing that the person was having difficulty in getting it and trying hard to not make any noise, I grab the orange pen and look up to look at its owner realizing it was the short brown haired girl from before. She grabs the pen from me and smile. She makes a motion of pointing towards her watch on her left wrist and then turns back towards the board as I was left confused. I turn back towards the lesson before the teacher could reprimand me again, but not without rethinking about what the girl had done. She sure is weird.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JONGDAE'S POV

My smile turned upside down as I halt and turn to Dongjun.

“Did Myungsoo just ignore us like that!!” I yell in irritation.

Dongjun looks down with a slight pout, “Yea, he did. I don't get it Jongdae, he was acting differently yesterday. It's as if he didn't see us smile at him.”

“Yea I know, that's what's irritating me. He is purposely ignoring us.” I fume.

“What are we gonna do now? If he ignored us then he's going to ignore the others.”

“Don't worry Jun, Baek and I have a plan. We just need to keep trying that's all. Plus we have the rest of today and tomorrow to see if he starts talking with us” as I start to calm down.

“Are we going to stop after Friday then?”

I smirk at Dongjun and gesture for us to keep walking.

“Definitely not Jun, definitely not.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MYUNGSOO'S POV

Lunch is in 10 minutes.

I can hold it.

I know I can, I have to.

I'm sitting at my desk trying to pay attention to the last 10 minutes of our lesson before lunch. It's very hard when I'm trying not to move so much. My bladder is about to explode.

I try to keep cool, that is my image after all.

But how do I do that when I need to go?

I check the clock again. 9 minutes. *Sigh *

I can do this, I encourage myself as I hold on tightly to my pencil. I move slightly and widen my eyes. That's when I realize...I can't hold it, I have to go now!

I get up and walk towards the door.

“Kim Myungsoo, where do you think you're going?” asks my teacher.

“Bathroom” I say as I turn back to the exit.

“Excuse me but you cannot go right now, hold it in and go back to your seat”

I turn to face him with my indifferent expression and say “No” as I get out of the classroom and head towards the bathroom.

After doing my business I walk back towards class but not without hearing my name be called out in the quiet hallways of the school.

“Myungsoo!”

I know that voice.

I shall not turn, I am invisible. He shall leave. I tell myself as I quicken my pace.

“Wait up!”

No.

The voice's owner puts his hand on my shoulder to turn me around.

I glare at the fool.

Yes, the fool named Lee Sungyeol.

“Yah, when someone calls your name you turn around and answer. Haven't your parents ever taught you that?”

“Hm” I respond as I turn back around.

“Hey don't be rude! I want to ask you something.”

I slightly raise my eyebrow at him but keep walking away.

“It's about my girlfriend”

I sigh loudly and tell him straight in the face. “I am no relationship guru. I don't care about your problems Sungyeol, just leave me alone” as I quicken my pace.

“I know you aren't, I know you don't care. But you see, you're the only one that actually knows I have a girlfriend even if you haven't met her.”

I turn back around with a questioning look.

“What? Why would I be the only one that knows that? WE'RE NOT EVEN FRIENDS!” I hiss at him.

Way to go Myungsoo! Two questions in the same sentence!

“That's the thing, I don't know either. I've come to grow fond of you from work you know.” he said with a soft tone of voice and sheepishly smiled.

“How? I ignore you all the time” I say still confused of his sudden trust on me.

“Yea but you're the closest thing to a real friend Myungsoo” he says as I'm left in shock.

“What?” I was able to breath out as I was still in shock.

“What about your friends, Sungyeol?”

“They're not really my friends, I hang out with them because they're popular but I have a feeling I'm just there you know” he said with a sad look in his eyes.

“Oh” was all I managed to say.

“Yea, so can you like help me out?” He looks at me with hopeful eyes.

I inwardly groan and sighed. I cannot believe what I'm going to say next.

“Sure, at work. I need to go somewhere during lunch. But just this once. I don't like to meddle in others' problems.”

His face brightened up and he pats me on the back.

“Thanks man! See you later!” as he briskly walks back in the direction he came from.

What have I gotten myself into! Did I actually care about Sungyeol! Did I? Did I really? Myungsoo Stop! Stop asking questions!! Ugh what am I going to do now! This is in no way near the indifferent Myungsoo I'm suppose to be.

I shouldn't have gone to the restroom, I should've just held it in.

I lazily walk back to class regretting my actions. I get in and slouch back into my seat ignoring the two minutes left of the lesson. I look up towards the ceiling and stare blankly into the tiles.

Peaceful, that's how I feel, ignoring everything.

"Myungsoo!!"

Gone, the peace is gone as I look away from the tiles and face forward.

The teacher looks at me and tells me that lunch started awhile ago.

I look back on my desk and see a note. I open it and in orange letters the words ON TIME! glare back at me as I slowly get up from my seat and drag myself towards the library.

*sigh * How the world hates me. I can't seem to have enough willpower to keep a goal I made to myself and I can't seem to stop being curious and apparently kind as I think back to what happened with Sungyeol.

I lazily enter the library and go towards the non-fiction section aisle K-L to meet the note freak. I enter the aisle and widen my eyes.

“You!” I shout.

"You're late!"

 

 

A/N: Hello! it's me again! So I was able to update sooner than i thought, Woo! Though I will say that I'm not proud of this chapter. I feel it may be all over the place, I'll let you be the judge of that. Please let me know if there should be improvements. Who would have thought that Sungyeol is a loner too! Not me, believe me! I just wrote and wrote what came in mind and this is what happened. I will say that this has got to be my longest chapter so far. I wanted to divide it but I feel like it would be dragging it too much anyways please enjoy, and thanks so much for reading. Please any comments will be lovely! Thanks :)