Notes

I Don't Care...I Think

The bell rings signalling for the end of lunch break but it was also a reminder of what happened. The realization hit me when Baekhyun snapped me back to what was happening as I left them and went towards class.

I cannot believe that my six old friends were quickly able to break the wall that I, Kim Myungsoo had created. I guess that's what friends are for?

But nope, I'm not going to give in that easily, please I ain't a pushover. My family can't even penetrate the wall... but my family is a different story...as I think back to mom. That woman, she's a strange one.

I reach for the door to class and walk towards my desk to find it occupied by notes. Great, what to do with them..

I quickly put them in my backpack because I usually read what these girls say hoping for a good laugh.

Class starts as usual. I, bored as can be start doodling in my notebook when I felt a tap on my shoulder. Keeping true to my goal, I didn't turn around and just kept on doodling in hopes they would not bother me. Since I didn't turn around I guess the person behind got irritated and decided to use violence by throwing a paper ball towards the back of my head.

I turn around and glare at the guy behind me and reach for the paper ball. I look up to see the guy, while noticing that another paper ball was by my chair. The guy signals to me a writing utensil that he can use. Like seriously? He couldn't have brought his own? I shrug and turn back around since it wasn't my problem and plus I only had one pencil.

He sighed. “Jerk”

I glance back at him with no care, it wasn't the first time I had heard that.

“Hey Dasom” I glance to my left to see the short haired girl turn her head to the guy behind me.

“Dasom, do you have an extra pencil or pen that I can borrow?”

That's when it dawned on me that I didn't know anyone's name in my class, but then again it's too meddlesome to remember.

“Yea I do, hold on” she smiled.

She rummages through her pencil case and took out an orange pen.

“Sorry I only have this pen, can you give it back once you're done?

“Yea of course and it's okay it's for my notes anyways. Thanks”

She smiles at him and as she turns back to the board, we lock eyes and she smiles as me as well.

I look away remembering about the paper ball near my chair. I reach down to grab it and just open it to see if I could reuse the paper. Encrypted was a message in orange, I didn't expect there to be a message especially addressed to me.

Myungsoo, I know you've ignored my other notes but meet me at Cafe Blu after school. Please.

I stare at the note. Interested to see that the cafe mentioned was the one I work at, but nevertheless unimportant to my life. It was probably some girl trying to get my attention. I was not up for this and so I just crumple up the paper again and put it aside to throw away later. I was going straight to work anyway even if I was slightly curious to see who the admirer was, I wouldn't be available.

Which led me to think How desperate was this person since this wasn't the first note? Damn. Another question.

Whatever, I guess I'll know later when I get back home and read those god damn notes.

Right as the bell rings I rush to put my things away in hopes of being the first one out of class. As I push my chair out and stand up quickly, the teacher yells out my name.

“Myungsoo, you are to stay an hour after class remember?” as I stare at him blankly.

Shoot, I had forgotten about what happened in the morning.

“Ah, you're right sir.” as I slowly sit back down on my seat defeated by not being able to go to work right away.

“But sir, I have to get to work in an hour” I try my luck hoping to see if the teacher would let me go early. I didn't want to be at work later than I usually was.

“Oh really?” I look up expectantly hoping for my release as I nod.

“You should let them know you'll be late, that's the most responsible thing you can do.” he says as I groan inwardly and he turns back to his papers.

“Yes, sir. I will make the call” as I get my cellphone out and call work.

Waiting for the phone to be picked up, I stare at the board and slouch in my seat. This was in no way my kind of day. I seriously did not want to be here at all. It's bad enough I have to be in school eight hours of my day.

“Thank you for calling Cafe Blu, This is Howon. How may I help you?”

I sighed. “ Howon, it's Myungsoo. I was held back in school and will be an hour late to work. Can you please tell Mr. Lee for me.” I say as I glare at my teacher who was reading whatever he was reading.

“Yea of course Myungsoo, don't worry about it.”

“Thank you Howon. I will see you later then.”

“Bye.”

I hang up to see that I still had 50 minutes left in this god damn hour and I didn't have anything to do, when I remembered the notes in my backpack.

 

 

I took out the several notes, counting ten in total. Woah this is a lot.

I open one and quickly disregard it because it was a note telling me how awesome I was. I didn't even know what I did that was so awesome for everyone. I open the next one to see the same orange writing as before which now said “ I want to confess” which made me groan knowing that these were probably how the rest of the notes were going to be like. After I finish opening the rest of the notes I end up with my brows furrowed together because the notes were nowhere close to the normal notes I usually got. All of these notes were regarding me but nothing in these words were close to adoration for me as previous times. These were half insults and just random. For starters one of the notes had “you don't seem nice but I need your help” The rest of the notes followed with “I want to be friends” “I don't like you very much” “I don't understand why people think you're cool” that makes two of us.“ Are you free Myungsoo?” “ Reply with a paper ball on the window sill” So you know what a smile is?” “What makes you happy?”

What? What makes me happy? That question lingered in my head as my mind wandered off. Dang it, another question from me! Myungsoo -5 everybody else 100 for my inability to keep my goal.These notes caught me off guard but caused me to let out a chuckle. The owner of the notes seemed to ramble and not be afraid to speak their mind. I could've disregarded everything and not even care but the curiosity was slowly taking a hold of me. No, I couldn't let that happen, I need not care. Just let it go Myungsoo, let it go! On the outside I had a cold facade while inside, my mind was going back and forth. Curiosity being a part of human nature, it was only normal for me to want, to know more about this weird person. But I didn't want to, something inside of me told me that I should just stop caring. That I didn't need to know.

 

But I'm so bored!! The boredom that I have to endure for the next 40 minutes was killing me and I just couldn't stop my mind from wandering around to entertain my bored self that I just contradicted myself in so many ways. I took out my notebook and ripped out a page. Staring at it for the longest time I write something, waiting for the moment for this hour to end.

 

20 minutes later I am awoken by my teacher and told it's time to leave.

I get up hastily until I remember the paper and go towards the window sill and leave it.

Leaving the note behind I go towards the door to go to work, curious of what this will result in.

 

 

A/N: Hello! So...it's been a month since I've updated and that's because life got me busy. I just started a fulltime job that requires me to wake up early and sleep early as well. I had this chapter prepared but it still needed more to it so that's why it took me awhile to update. Sorry again. This job tires me out so turning on my laptop isn't my first priority so expect slow updates. I'm going to try to add more excitement as well hopefully *crosses fingers* It also seems Myungsoo is forgetting this weird goal of his, right? I hope so I think it's a weird and hard one to accomplish since it's only normal to be curious. Until next time! Please any feedback is welcomed. Thanks :)