Soccer

I Don't Care...I Think

“Myungsoo!”

I open my eyes and see Namjoo.

“You have some explaining to do!” I say.

“Yeollie! Meet Myungsoo oppa!” I turn and see a bright light.

The sunlight is the first thing I see.

I get up and realize I’m in my bed. That’s weird. I don’t remember coming back home from karaoke.

I get out of bed, tripping on something that was on the floor.

I look up from the floor to see six bodies on the floor. No way.

What happened?

"Ow!"

I turn towards my feet where I had tripped on one of the unconscious bodies. His head lifts up and he looks at me sleepily.

"Good morning"

"Ya why are you here?!" I say as I start getting up but regret it once my head starts pounding.

"Oh, we didn't want to go back home drunk." says Baekhyun groggily.

"And you thought my parents wouldn't mind?! You ." I say as I massage my head.

"We kind of forgot our keys so your place was the only place to sleep."

"You could've slept outside, I wouldn't have cared"

"Hey, it's still too early for you to start fighting, Myungsoo. Plus, you would've slept outside with us. You passed out at the karaoke place and we brought you here so you're welcome."

"Ugh, I'm minding my own business but you guys keep trying to into my life, so annoying.”

"We just want to be friends again, hang out and have fun"

"Good Luck with that"

"Myungsoo!!!" I turn towards my closed door.

"Wake up you lazy! You need to eat!” Mom yells.

“Don’t say anything! She’ll leave after I don’t respond” I whisper to Baekhyun.

“Myungsoo!! Stop being a lazy !!” Baekhyun looks at me surprised because of mom’s choice of words.

“Mom, stop yelling please. You woke me up.”we hear Namjoo say.

“Good! I was going to your room next. I didn’t know I had a bunch of lazy children.”

“It’s only 10 am.”

“That is late enough, you guys need to wake up early so you won’t waste your day.”

“Please mom, I’m not allowed to go out so I could sleep in. Myungsoo definitely has no life so he doesn’t have to wake up early either.” Namjoo says with a slight irritated voice.

"Burn" whispers Baekhyun.

"Shut up"

"Namjoo, did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed? You seem cranky, hon"

"I have a twin bed mom, enlighten me which side is the wrong side."

"Ya! I expect that response from your brother not you, young lady!"

"I guess I need more sleep, mother"

"Nammie"

"Aren't you in the middle of waking up Myungsoo?"

"You're right, hon. We'll talk about this later. Let's get your brother."

"Myungsoo! You lazy brat!" Mom yells as she opens my door but stops when she sees me on the floor.

Her eyes widen while Namjoo scoots from behind to see what's wrong and widens her eyes surprised by what she sees.

"Yah, Myungsoo. You didn't tell us you had company!"

"That makes two of us" I say.

"Good Morning Mrs. Kim. Sorry for the intrusion." Baekhyun says brightly as I scowl.

“Oh no, no worries Baekhyun. It’s lovely to see you all again even in this state” as she looks at herself in pajamas and the other five unconscious bodies spread out on my floor unfazed by the ruckus from mother dear.

"Why are you here, Baekhyun oppa?" Namjoo asks.

"Ah, we hung out yesterday and since it was so late, Myungsoo offered to let us sleep here since it was the closest place from the karaoke.” Baekhyun stated.

“Which karaoke Op--”

“YAH!! KIM MYUNGSOO! YOU DITCHED YOUR FAMILY FOR YOUR FRIENDS?!” Mom yells fuming.

“Nope, I chose sleep over you guys. I was kid--” napped! I couldn’t finish because Baekhyun covered my mouth with his hand.

“We decided to surprise him, Mrs. Kim. It’s been awhile since we all hung out and we missed Myungsoo.” Baekhyun sweetly turned the kidnapping into something positive.

I glare at Baekhyun.

How dare he lie.

"Aaw isn't that so sweet!! I'm going to cry!" Mom says as she dramatically starts sniffling and wiping fake tears from her face. How embarrassing.

"Well then, I need to make more food for you boys to eat" mom says as she looks at the rest sleeping.

"Oh you don't have to Mrs.Kim, we can leave after the rest wake up"

"Yea they don't have to eat"

"Oh it won't be a problem Baekhyun. Now you, Myungsoo stop being rude!”

"Wake up the rest in five minutes please! Nammie let's go!

“What?! Mom I want to sleep!”

“No, Nammie you're gonna help with breakfast.”

Namjoo turns to look at us and glares before she follows mom out of my room.

“Yay! Food!” Baekhyun yells.

“Where?!”

We turn towards the voice to see Daehyun sitting up wide awake.

Of course he would wake up.

---------

Soccer.

Hyunsik and Dongjun suggested we should play to create another memory. Bull.

Mother agreed, tears in her eyes with my sudden forced “social” interaction. I know I should have hid somewhere.

They said it would be fun. I would enjoy it they said.

I want to leave. I thought as I stood at one of the goal posts as the designated goalie against Hyunsik and Dongjun's team.

I'm tired of standing and trying my best to focus on the game but, honestly I’m not much of an athlete. I know the basics, who doesn’t?

It’s not fair I have to be in the team opposing Dongjun, Hyunsik, and Daehyun. They’re all athletes. Dongjun and Hyunsik are soccer players in the school for God’s sake! How is this even fair! I’m doing all the work here!

“Myungsoo!” I hear Baekhyun yell.

I wake up from my trance to see Dongjun rushing towards me with the ball. I bend my knees and widen my arms out to be ready to hurt myself once again to reject the deathly ball or else I would have to deal with the whines of my incompetent teammates.

I move side by side trying to predict which side Dongjun would try to make a goal. I see Baekhyun, Sandeul and Jongdae rush to try to steal the ball and block Daehyun and Hyunsik from helping.

I look straight into Dongjun’s eyes as he gets closer. He stops to get in position taunting me with his skills as the rest are still catching up. As he starts kicking, Jongdae miraculously comes from the side and blocks the ball. Hyunsik gets the rebound and kicks the ball towards me and I surprisingly block it with my hands with no broken bones. Because I was only able to block, the ball bounced off my hands and was still close to the goal. Everyone started to rush towards it when I just see the ball flying towards me and someone kicks it harder, landing on his side. I flinch and duck to prevent getting hit on the face. I stand up to see a long body on the floor panting and I look towards all the guys and realize they are all looking at the panting body as well.We watch the person rise up and he faces me with a frown.

“Why did you duck! That was an awesome kick for you to try to block!”

I look at him bewildered. The rest of the guys look at me.

“What are you doing here?” I ask.

“Oh I saw you playing as I passed by from buying a birthday gift for my girlfriend” he says as he goes to pick up a plastic bag, taking out matching panda keychains.

“Aren’t they cute!”

“Gross, get outta here”Jongdae sneers.

“Hey, no need to be rude man. I happen to make a goal here”

“Yea, that was nice! Thanks!”Dongjun highfives him.

“Yea, well too bad I’m in the opposing team” Jongdae says sourly.

“Cheer up Jongdae, it’s just a game” Baekhyun says as he slings his arm over Jongdae’s shoulder.

“Anyways, who are you?” Daehyun bluntly asks.

The person looks at me expectantly but I don’t know what he wants.

“Myungsoo, introduce me to your friends.”he tells me.

Right.

“Everyone, this is Sungyeol. Sungyeol, everyone” I say half-heartedly.

"Sungyeol? Huh" Baekhyun says as I squint at the random emphasis.

“Wow, we have come to be generalized as everyone now”

“Shut up Jongdae”

“But it’s true! He doesn’t even introduce us individually!” Jongdae whines.

“Is that a baby I hear?” Sandeul asks teasingly.

“Ya, Sandeul you wanna fight me?!”

“Come at me bro!” Sandeul yells with his arms wide open.

“Ya, don’t be stupid!” Baekhyun yells as he grabs Jongdae's shirt from behind and Hyunsik grabs Sandeul.

After Jongdae finishes chasing Sandeul, Dongjun starts to introduce himself while the rest follow.

"Hey I'm Hyunsik"

"Oh you're on the soccer team. "

"Yeah, Dongjun is in the team as well. Do you watch our games?"

"Nah, Myungsoo's friend likes you a lot"

"Who? That girl you were being mean to, Myungsoo?" Hyunsik asks me.

"Hold up, you were mean to her Myungsoo? Wow, what a man" Sungyeol judges me.

"Says the guy who called those keychains cute" Jongdae sneers.

"Hey when you got yourself a girl, come talk to me about that"

"He knows how it feels, right Jongdae?" Sandeul teases.

"Really? Who's your girl?"

"Why do I have to tell you my personal life?!!"

"It was Dasom, back when we were small. She likes Hyunsik now." I say nonchalantly.

"WHAT! You liked that girl?! What is wrong with you?!"

"Hey we were kids! Plus who are you to judge me!"

"I'm Myungsoo's friend"

"We're all his friends, dummy" Sandeul chuckles.

"Don't think you're all that special."

"Myungsoo it looks like you’re the center of attention!" Baekhyun yells.

"Awesome" I say sarcastically.

Just what I always wanted.