Kidnapped

I Don't Care...I Think

Last night Namjoo was asleep when I came home so I wasn't able to ask her about what Daehyun had told me.

This morning she finished breakfast and dashed out the door before I could even walk into the kitchen. Without glancing back she just closed the door hurriedly.

"Myungsoo, What's wrong with your sister?"

Mom's voice snaps me back to my breakfast.

"I don't know" I reply.

But I do know it has something to do with what she's lying about.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I head towards school when I hear my name from behind.

I turn to see a panting Sungyeol with a bit of sweat forming around his forehead.

"Ugh...I made it!"

"Let me.... catch my.... breath" as he bends forward, clutching his knees. I'm not doing anything though.

"Whoo... okay I think I'm good!" he says as he smiles and wipes the sweat with his uniform.

"Let's go, man. We don't want to be late for class" I hear behind me since I had already started walking towards class.

"Myungsoo!" I sigh. He's not letting me go it seems.

"Man, You're so mean, leaving me behind."

"You have long legs. I'm quite sure you were able to catch up quite quickly." I say as I reach my locker and start opening it.

"You're right, it only took a few minutes but still, how can you just leave a friend behind?" He says as I get my books.

"Easy, I leave." I slightly smile as I get what I need from my locker.

"Shut up, Myungsoo" Sungyeol says as he squints his eyes in my direction and I shrug.

"Hey I was thinking since we're friends and all that it would be nice to hang out during lunch." he says smiling.

I shrugged. "I guess"

"Great I'll see you at lunch then!" patting my back as he walks away.

*Sigh*

Once I enter class there is a change of the normal atmosphere that I'm used to. Upon seeing my entrance Dasom smiles brightly and raises her arm and starts waving at me excitedly. This causes those around her to look towards me something that is unappealing to me as I get their attention. *Sigh* This is going to be a long day. I reach my desk only to have Dasom start talking the minute I sit down.

"Good Morning Myungsoo!"

I look at her and slightly nod my head.

"You know you seem as if you should sleep more, maybe that's why you're always in a bad mood." she says as she looks at me tilting her head slightly to the right.

"No, it's because I don't care about other people"

"But caring is sharing!" she says. I raise my eyebrow at her.

"Wait! It's the other way around isn't it! Wow, I'm so dumb." she says as she pouts.

*Sigh*

"Anyways Myungsoo I think you should be nicer to people. Some people think you're mean and that you're better than everyone." She whispers as she doesn't want others to hear her.

"I am." I say with a straight face.

She raises her eyebrow and gives me a look of disgust. "You definitely aren't."

"I don't see how you could be better than anyone. For starters you don't do anything. You look like you're always bored and you hardly talk. I'll say a tree is better than you. It actually helps the environment by producing oxygen. If you had friends it's a give and take relationship, friends help each other out, make each other feel better, make them laugh. You're just... there."  Ouch.

I scowl at her. "Way to say it so nicely, friend." I say sarcastically as I open my backpack to get my books out.

"Oh shut up Myungsoo where's your I don't care attitude?"

I look up at her and easily respond "I really don't care."

"Stop being so annoying, will ya". She says. What did I do?

I furrow my eyebrows and look at her "What?"

"Your I don't care attitude is quite annoying, you know?" she says.

"So are you so, I guess we both have to tolerate things. We can save ourself the trouble and stop being friends. Life will be less complicated like that " I say as I look at the board full of annoyance.

"Whatever Myungsoo, this will be a nice challenge. I'm still going to be your friend." she says as she sticks her tongue at me.

*sigh*

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I close my notebook and put it in my backpack as I start getting up to go to the cafeteria for lunch.

As I walk out the door I feel a presence on my right that lingers as I walk in the hallway. I turn curiously, but I'm not surprised who I see as I see Dasom smiling at me.

"What?" she asks.

"You're awfully quiet" I say to her.

She shrugs. "I'm not energetic when I'm hungry" she says.

"Figures" I say indifferently.

We both enter the cafeteria and head towards the lunch line. We weren't fast enough so we had to wait in line for awhile until we each got our food. Dasom follows me as I search for an empty table and find one near the vending machines. Dasom upon sitting quickly unwraps her sandwich and takes a bite and gulps it down resulting in a satisfying grin. This is all done before I even sat down. The girl is crazy when she's hungry. As I start eating my food, the empty seat on my right gets occupied. I notice Dasom's face expression change with confusion as she eyes the newcomer.

"Hey Myungsoo, I didn't think you'll be on a date so quick." Sungyeol chuckles.

I turn to my right. "She's not my date."

"Yea that's right! I am not his date! I'm his friend!" Dasom exclaims towards Sungyeol. "I wouldn't like someone like Myungsoo anyways." she says as she gives me a judging look.

"Ouch, Myungsoo are you sure she's your friend. That hurt me and I'm just a stranger" Sungyeol says as he places his hand over his heart.

"She's annoying. I'm tolerating her." I say as I shrug.

"Hmph, Myungsoo don't be mean. Plus who are you?" she stresses as she judgingly looks at Sungyeol.

"Myungsoo's friend, Lee Sungyeol, who are you?" as he quirks an eyebrow.

"Cho Dasom, I wasn't aware that Myungsoo had other friends." she says as she eyes me. I shrug as a response.

"Yeah he has me. Did you think you were special or something?" he asks her.

"Well...kind of" she says as her gaze falls on the table and she resumes eating.

"Sorry to break it to you but this cold hearted one is actually capable of making friends" he says as he swings his arm on my shoulder as I quickly shrug it off.

"But if it makes you feel any better, we just became official friends yesterday though we've known each other for quite awhile."

"Oh really? Are you patching up your friendship with him as well?" she questions.

"As well? No, who are you patching your friendship with Myungsoo?" He turns his attention towards me.

"No one" I shrug.

"It's actually Lim Hyunsik, the handsome soccer player on our school team." Dasom dreamily replies as both Sungyeol and I look at her with disgust.

"Girl, if you have a crush go find some girlfriends or something. We're not girls and we're not gossipers."Sungyeol says what I was thinking.

"What?!" she says as she blushes. "I- I don't like him" she stammers.

"Sure, I believe you. My girlfriend was saying the same thing when she had a crush on me" Sungyeol says as he rolls his eyes.

"Eew, you have a girlfriend? That's unfortunate for her. Give her my condolences." She tells Sungyeol.

"Go to hell"

"Excuse me!" " You don't have to be RUDE!" she yells at him.

"You're the one that insulted me first!" He says.

"When?!" she yells back.

"Right now, so both of you shut up. You're annoying me." I say irritated as I finish the last bite of my sandwich.

"Apologize." she tells him.

"Excuse Me?"

"I said apologize! Haven't you heard of manners when you're around a girl?" Dasom asks Sungyeol.

"I do have manners but I was taught to respect others if they deserve to be respected. Obviously you don't deserve it." He says as he crosses his arms.

"Ugh, you're honestly the last person I'd ever want to be friends with. What's wrong with you Myungsoo? Why'd you befriend him?!" she points towards Sungyeol.

"For your information, Myungsoo almost has the same personality as me. So basically you're friends with someone like me anyways."

"Not true!" she yells

"Honestly you have a bitter personality as well. So I don't get why Myungsoo became friends with you either." he says.

"Because I'm going to make him happy!"

"What?!" Sungyeol chokes on the water he was drinking.

"Myungsoo, I thought you said you guys aren't dating?" Sungyeol says as he turns to his left to find me with my head on my arms.

"We're not. She just wants to help me find what will make me happy so that I have a reason to live I guess."

"I'm helping Myungsoo figure out what he likes because he's always sulking around. Like he hardly has friends, doesn't like people and doesn't do anything. I feel like it'll help him live life to the fullest you know?"

"Ahh I see, but since when were you handed down the responsibility to find what someone else likes? Aren't they suppose to find it themselves?" Sungyeol asks.

Dasom stares at Sungyeol and stares towards me as I look out the window.

"That's true but...being lonely isn't a great feeling" she quietly says as she looks down at the table. She gets ready to leave and heads to the library with an empty expression.

I stare at her back, wondering why she said that.

"That was depressing, I thought she had friends before you Myungsoo but it seems we're all loners in our own way."Sungyeol said as he starts picking up his trash.

He puts his hand on my shoulder and says he'll see me at work.

I start heading out when Baekhyun calls my name.

"Hey, it's Friday. You free later today? We wanted to know if you wanted to hang out with the guys."

I stare at him and I'm reminded by Dasom's words "being lonely isn't a great feeling." I look at his hopeful expression.

"No, leave me alone." as I leave towards class.

I'll just feel out of place anyways.

Being lonely is boring but peaceful, it's like being invisible, I won't have to be in anyone's way and they won't be in mine.

 

Baekhyun takes out his phone and sends a message.

Plan is on tonight. Tell the others.

He smiles as he watches Myungsoo leave.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My bed.

That's what I'm looking forward to as I get in the house after work.

My pillow next to my head.

Me becoming one with the blankets.

That's all I wish for.

"Myungsoo, hon we're going to karaoke with the Chos tonight. Are you sure you don't want to come?" Mom comes in and ask.

"No, I said to go enjoy yourselves"

"Okay, well if anything happens let me know. Namjoo is coming with us as well since she has no choice."

"Yea yea bye"

"Gosh you don't have to be brat." as she closes the door.

Good, I have the house to myself and it's nice and quiet...as I doze off for awhile.

RIINGGG

I ignore my phone as I continue to sleep.

RIINGGG

Obviously the other person doesn't understand that I don't want to answer but I do anyways to shut the person up.

"What do you want?"

"Oh did I wake you up Oppa?"

"Huh? Namjoo?" I thought she went with my parents?

"Sorry oppa but I have a favor to ask."

"What?"

"Can you come and hang out with me? I escaped from mom and dad and I'm bored."

"Do I have to? I mean, I'm in bed comfortable already."

"Please. We don't hang out that much anymore."

"Fine." I sigh as I reluctantly take off the warm blankets off of my body and start to change.

"You know you’re going to owe me since it's so late already." I say

"I know oppa! Meet me in front of Star Karaoke then! Bye Oppa!"

Sorry Oppa. Namjoo goes back to Star Karaoke to where her family and the Chos are.

This girl I swear. I comb my hair back with my hand as I head out the door. I lock the door and as I start turning to leave I'm blinded with something tied around my eyes and my hands are tied in front of me. I try to resist but I can't.

"What the-" I yell.

"Leave me alone please! I didn't do anything! Please just let me go!" I yell hoping that a neighbor would hear.

A cloth is put on my mouth, force pushed down by a hand as I'm led from my house.

I feel like there are too many hands leading me away from the house as I desperately try to get away but it's no use as I'm shoved inside a car.

My heart beats uncontrollably as I realize what just happened.

I was just kidnapped.

 

 

 

A/N:'Hello, so I'm back with this update after such a long time. I had quite a writer's block and too much on my plate during the holidays, finals and such. Anyways I've reread this chapter so many times hoping that it all makes sense and that It'll move the story forward. As i said before I'm not really much of a writer but I had an itch to write to challenge myself and see what I am capable of.  I hope you enjoy and please I would appreciate for any criticism or anything to improve the story. Thanks and until Next Time!!