After Lunch

I Don't Care...I Think

The bell rings signaling the end of lunch, as I stay in my seat in shock of what just happened. Baekhyun snaps me out of my state telling me we are going to be late to class if we don't leave. It seems that everyone left already except the seven of us who were still in our seats, since they all stare at me. Realizing what Baekhyun said I quickly got up and start throwing the remains of my barely eaten lunch to the trash bins and quickly say bye. Without another glance, I leave them behind in the cafeteria.

 

BAEKHYUN'S POV

“Bye dude! See you around!” says Dongjun as he waves to Myungsoo's back.

“So, am I the only one that feels he's still going to ignore us?” asks Jongdae as he starts to get up.

“Um... I just told him to forget about that goal of his” says Daehyun as he quickly shoves the rest of his food in his mouth.

“Yea I don't think he'll be paying much attention to that, Dae” says Hyunsik as he looks at Daehyun.

“You can't expect him to warm up to us right away, he chose to be the black sheep and get lost from his herd” says Sandeul as he throws his garbage into the can.

“What the hell?! Was that freakin' metaphor needed?” Jongdae shoots a questioning look towards Sandeul.

We start walking out of the cafeteria as I listen to their conversation, hands in my pockets.

“Just something to base our assumptions on. Duh, I'm basically saying he wants to be a loner and we should respect that” Sandeul clarifies as he shrugs his shoulders.

“Nope, we shouldn't leave him be. We should have some fun and enjoy his company like before” says Dongjun enthusiastically with a big grin plastered on his face.

“He doesn't want our company though, he was rigid as a stick the whole time. He was blabbing about how we wouldn't accept him back but he just doesn't want friends...I heard he doesn't talk with anyone at all” Sandeul informs the rest of us.

“And thats why we shouldn't just back off. If we were truly his friends, we would still hang out with him even through tough times right? Maybe he was going through puberty or is rebelling.”Hyunsik says in a serious tone.

“Isn't he too old to be rebelling? C'mon! He seems like he put on a mask and started to be friendly towards us” Jongdae states in an exasperated tone.

“Are you doubting him? Maybe he has a right not to be friends with us, we weren't really there when he just left” I say.

“Well duh!! Since he stopped talking to us!” Jongdae exclaimed.

“We don't even know if he truly wants to be friends with us! Like I know you probably miss him the most but he might have changed! You need to see that was just a facade, Baek!” Jongdae yells to my face.

Now Jongdae is starting to piss me off. There was no way we could isolate Myungsoo right now. We left him alone for awhile but now that we can hang out again, we shouldn't let it slip from our hands. I stop in my tracks as the boys noticed the small tension between Jongdae and I.

“Shut up Jongdae! Since when have we ever held grudges! We can always start over, even if he may not want our friendship right now, we can change him. He doesn't need to be a loner, he probably doesn't even freaking know what he wants. We can help him, that's what best friends are for.” I say pissed.

Jongdae arches his eyebrow and smirks. Sandeul with a blank stares repeatedly moving his eyes from Jongdae and I.

“You're right, what kind of best friends are we if we can't even help him out in this rebellious state.”

I smile knowing that Jongdae had stopped being pessimistic.

“I suggest we should start befriending him shouldn't we, like starting over.” he says.

“Whew, that was kind of scary you guys, there was so much tension going on” Dongjun said with his hand on his heart.

Jongdae threw him a big smile and said “Shut up, you fool, remember we don't fight”

“Well now that that's over, what shall we do with Myungsoo?” Daehyun asks as he munchfes on some chips.

I looke at him and the rest of the guys and shrug.

“I think we should keep trying to talk with him the rest of the week, then if nothing happens I think we might have to do something drastic” I say with a smirk.

“And, what is that?” asks Hyunsik confused.

“You'll see” Jongdae says as he turns to me with a knowing face.

The other four just stare at us two with confused faces but end up just shrugging it off as we each walk towards our respected classes.

Since Jongdae and I have the same class, we give each other high fives and enter class.

Who would've thought that the quiet, choir boys would have something up their sleeves.