Girlfriend?!

I Don't Care...I Think

Baekhyun’s POV

“You know, it’s nice hanging out together” I say as I look at Sandeul and Jongdae who has somewhat of a sad face.

“For some reason I thought it was only going to be you” Jongdae says as he looks at me pouting.

“Are you sad that I’m here?” Sandeul asks raising a brow.

“I kind of promised Baekhyun something” Jongdae says sadly as I smirk knowing what it is.

“Oh is Jongdae sad I’m ruining his little date?” Sandeul yells as he teases Jongdae and I smile knowing he’s playing around.

“DATE?!”

“Don’t be STUPID, Sandeul!! Jongdae yells infuriated.

“What? I’m not stupid. You’re the one falling for your friend” Sandeul shrugged.

“Shut up, I don’t like Baekhyun like that! I’m straight god dammit!” Jongdae yells as he starts walking towards Sanduel, fists ready.

Sandeul sees this and sticks out his tongue as he starts running towards a park.

“Yah! Sandeul, don’t ing run away from me after picking a fight! You prick!” Jongdae yells as he starts running towards him and I’m laughing when I get a message.

I check who it is and I’m surprised by Namjoo’s name appearing.

"Baekhyun Oppa, does Myungsoo have a girlfriend?"

"Myungsoo with a girlfriend? Nope."

"Why?"

"I just saw him hugging a girl in the park when I was walking with my friend."

“A girl?! What!? Are you sure?”

“Yep. It was my brother alright.”

“Well didn't you see the girl's face?”

“No I couldn't. She had his hoodie with the hood on. I thought you would know something…”

“I wouldn't know much. We're still trying to get closer again. I doubt he'll share anything that personal with us right now.”

“I see. Well thanks anyways!”

“Why don't you ask him yourself?”

“Haha oppa! You know he doesn't talk much!”

“Yea yea I know.”

“Ok well bye oppa!”

“Ok bye!”

I sent the last message and put my phone in my pocket surprised at the new revelation when I remembered something and quickly took out my phone.

“Hey aren't you suppose to be grounded and at home with Myungsoo?!”

“...Ssshh...you're  too noisy oppa. Don't tell anyone..”

“Namjoo!”

“What?”

“Who are you with?”

“A friend. Don't worry about it oppa!”

“Gotta go bye!!”

“Namjoo!”

I texted her but she never responded after that, so I gave up. This girl gives people headaches.

While I was texting, Jongdae and Sandeul stop with the chase and were leading us to a coffee shop.

Cafe Blu? Sounds familiar.

-----------------------------

"Myungsoo, where are we going?" Dasom asks as I pull her after me.

"Somewhere to warm you up" I say.

While she was calming down in the park the weather got chilly since it’s autumn and the smart one of Dasom didn't bring a thicker jacket so I let her borrow mine.

"You know Myungsoo, you're hoodie is warm" she says and I look behind me and notice she can't even see me with the hood on. I roll my eyes.

"Watch out for the pole!" I yell teasingly as Dasom jerks up her head quickly and sees me smiling.

"Haha, very funny Myungsoo" she says dryly as she slightly slaps my shoulder.

"I'm leading you, if you hit a pole I would've hit the pole" I tell her.

"Yea yea whatever" she rolls her eyes. "So where are we going?"

"You're favorite place to cheer and warm you up!" I say brightly.

"Where is that?"

" Well, Cafe Blu of course"

--------------------------------------

"So tell me Jongdae, why weren't you happy with my presence earlier" Sandeul asks while we wait for our orders.

Jongdae squints at me. "I was suppose to pay for Baekhyun’s lunch next time we hung out but I knew if it was with the rest they'll assume I'll pay for everything."

Jongdae turns to Sandeul with a somewhat intimidating stare. "So you better have money Sandeul."

"What if--"

"Or else!"

"Jeez no heart I see. Just for Baekhyun. Gosh, I wish I didn't ruin this date" Sandeul says shaking his head.

"Sandeul!" Jongdae starts to get up as I force him to stay sitting.

"Stop Jongdae we're in a cafe."

I turn to Sandeul as he grins. "Stop messing around with Jongdae. You know he has a short temper, so just stop please"

He grins mischievously. "I'll only stop if he pays for me"

Jongdae widens his eyes. "You're out of your mind! What part don't you understand that I am not paying for you!"

"Aww c’mon Jongdae." Sandeul pouts.

"Why can't you be nice to me like you're nice to Baekhyun?" Sandeul crosses his arms.

"Because he's nicer than all of you!"

"That hurts" Sandeul pouts as he places his hand over his heart.

"Jongdae just pay for him and I'll pay for myself" I say.

"No, I owe you. Stop babying this kid Baek"

"Hey I'm just trying to think of ways to solve this" I say.

"I know Baekhyun. Most times you're too kind and the guys take advantage of that" he says as he glares at Sandeul who innocently looks at him.

"Well that's how I am. I care about everyone"

"Ugh, are you saying I don't care about anyone because I'm being stingy?!" Jongdae says in disbelief.

"I agree." Sandeul says

Jongdae turns to him glaringly. "I wasn't asking you Sandeul."

"No, but I don't care if I spend money on my friends. Just as long as they get fed, are taken care of and are happy"

"You are making me sound evil" Jongdae pouts as he looks at Sandeul, me and the table.

Sandeul knowingly smiles at me and gives me a thumbs up while I give him a warning glare for next time. He nods understanding he would be paying next time.

Jongdae sighs heavily. "I guess I'll pay this time" he smiles bitterly while Sandeul smiles brightly.

"Yay!" we hear a fourth person as we turn to the owner surprised.

"Did you hear that Hyunsik!? Jongdae's paying!" We watch as Dongjun and Hyunsik arrive at our table and sit down.

“Aww thanks maknae! You’re always buying for hyungs" Hyunsik smiles as he ruffles Jongdae's hair. Jongdae's scowls as he glares at Sandeul.

"How'd you know where to find us?" I ask curiously as I glance at Jongdae, who's still glaring at Sandeul.

"Ah, Sandeul texted me that you guys would be here to meet up" Dongjun said as he looked through the menu.

I give Sandeul another warning look as he looks away uncomfortably.

"So we decided to come right after practice." Dongjun adds as he gives the menu to Hyunsik.

"Yea we didn't think Jongdae was going to be nice and pay again" Hyunsik adds brightly.

Jongdae looks at them " I wasn't going to pay for anyone but Baekhyun."

"Aww why?" Dongjun asks.

"Cuz they’re on a date" Sandeul interrupts. Causing Hyunsik and Dongjun to widen their eyes in surprise and look at us

Jongdae looks at me irritated "Imma hit him" cracking his knuckles in the process.

"Sandeul is just kidding. Jongdae just owes me for something."

"Ah I see" Hyunsik laughs a bit. "It sounds ridiculous, but don't worry I'll pay another time. I would pay now but I don't have my wallet."

"Thanks Hyunsik. You and Baekhyun are too nice" Jongdae says smiling but goes back to scowling once he sees Sandeul’s face

Dongjun looks at Jongdae who's still scowling. "Hey look at the bright side Jongdae." Jongdae looks at him expressionless. "At least you don't have to pay for Daehyun, the vacuum"

"That's true!" Sandeul exclaims patting Jongdae in the back.

"Or Myungsoo" I say which make all of them turn to me and nods in agreement.

"I haven't paid for him yet." Jongdae says.

I shrug. "There'll be a different time and place for that"

"Hey did anyone invite Myungsoo today?" Dongjun asks.

We all look at each other realizing no one called him to meet up but in the back of my mind I remembered what Namjoo told me earlier.

"Hey Baekhyun since you're the closest to him right now, why don't you text him to come over" I hear Hyunsik ask me as I zone back in into the conversation.

"Huh?" I turn to them.

"Oh yeah, yea...let me text him" I say as I take out my phone.

“Hey, Myungsoo do you wanna meet me and the rest of the guys in--

“Wait, isn’t that Myungsoo right there?!” Dongjun excitedly yells as I quickly look up to where he is pointing at.

We all turn to see him enter, surprised that he was holding onto a hooded girl since she had girly legs and a girly hand bag. Ah this must be the girl that Namjoo saw.

"Who's the girl?" Jongdae asked.

"I don't know" I say.

We all stare at their direction even after our food arrived. We secretly try to figure out who the girl was. They are seated close enough to know it was Myungsoo but far enough that we couldn't hear their conversation and to hide if needed. Myungsoo’s back was to us while the girl was facing him, her face hidden from us.

We watch as  Myungsoo gets up heading towards the counter as he talks to the barista and looks back at the girl, who is turned to his direction and then to the barista shaking his head.

"Was Myungsoo always so talkative?" Sandeul asks.

"Not with us, only when he was drunk" Jongdae says as he munches on a kettle chip.  

"And I'm pretty sure he isn't drunk right now" I say.

We notice as Myungsoo goes back to his seat. Once seated they start talking and he eventually leans closer to the girl. His right arm moving towards her as she also leans closer and we’re left stunned at what we just witnessed.

-----------------------------------

MYUNGSOO'S POV

I went up to Howon to give him our order.

“Why is it that both you and Sungyeol decide to have a date with your girlfriend on your guys’ day off at the place you work?” he says as he finishes inputting our order.

I turn back ot Dasom who is looking at me as I shake my head at Howon smiling.

“She’s not my girlfriend, just my best friend.”

He raises his eyebrow “Really? I wouldn’t have thought you had friends”

I chuckle. “Yes, she likes my friend. I’m trying to help her.” I squint my eyes. “ Hey, I’m trying to be more social and get out of my little bubble with her help, okay.”

He chuckles. “That’s good for you, maybe you’ll be able to actually have a proper conversation with someone now.”

“What do you think I’m doing right now?” I ask as I say good bye.

I walk back to Dasom as she turns her body to face me.

“Myungsoo I was thinking..” she starts as I look at her.

“At the park, you said you’ll be my best friend...but... you don’t have to... because you pity me.” she looks at me solemnly.

“I don’t pity you”

“You’re trying to help me because of Jieun” she whispers as her eyes get watery.

“Hey don’t be like that, I was being sincere. I think we’ll both benefit with our new friendship, don’t you think?”

She sniffles.

“Wouldn’t Jieun want you to continue being happy?” I ask as she lets her tears quietly fall down.

“Plus as annoying as you can be..” she squints her eyes glaring at me  “I think we both enjoy eachothers’ presence” I smile brightly as she nods in agreement.

I lean closer holding up my right hand, pinkie sticking out towards her as she leans closer as well.

“Pinkie promise me you’ll forget about pitiful and negative thoughts because we’re best friends and our job is to make each other happy from now on” I say as cheesy as I could say as she laughs and pinkie promises.

As she dries her tears away Howon comes in and serves our food. He looks at Dasom and slightly shakes his head as he looks at me “Sungyeol made his girlfriend cry too.”

Dasom widens her eyes and stares at me as I sigh and turn to Howon. “I told you, she’s my best friend.”

“Of course, and she happens to like your friend” he stresses as if in disbelief of her crush on Hyunsik.

“Myungsoo, you told him about Hyunsik?”

He turns to Dasom surprised. “Oh, you do like another boy?”

She nods. “Yeah he’s in our school’s soccer team and Myungsoo’s friend. Myungsoo is my best friend” she smiles brightly as she finishes.

I judgingly look at Howon. “You owe someone an apology.”

“Wow, um...I’m sorry for intruding. Now that you are more social, you seem a bit more scary” he says as he bows and laughs away.

“Jerk” I say. “He seemed nicer when I talked less.”

“He was just teasing you. He was probably surprised you were hanging out with a girl and didn’t believe you had a friend.” Dasom says as she shrugs.

“That’s exactly what he told me” I roll my eyes.

“Hey I got an idea” she chirps as I take a bite of my sandwich.

“Why don’t we get to know each other”

“So it involves questions then?” I ask as I sigh remembering the goal I made.

“Myungsoo, that goal of yours is long gone. No way it can come back.”

I munch on chips as she continues.

“You might as well embrace your life of drama.” she giggles.

“I don’t want drama in my life.”

“Yea well, it might not exactly happen to you but maybe the people around you have drama and you’re going to have to hear it and help them solve it cuz' that’s what friends do” as she sips her hot chocolate.

“Fine ask me anything”

----------------------------------

BAEKHYUN'S POV

“Did they kiss?!” Jongdae whispers in disbelief as he turns to look at us all as I look at the rest of the guys for their response.

“I’m not sure, the angle was weird but it’s possible” Sandeul says unsure.

“Why else would they both lean closer!” Dongjun yells.

“Sshh, don’t attract attention” Jongdae yells.

“Guys, let’s just eat.”Hyunsik says as we all look at him.

“You’re not curious of what just happened?” Sandeul asked.

“It’s his life, plus we’re not exactly in the position to feel betrayed for him not telling us” he shrugs.

“Right, we’re patching up our friendships with him” I nod agreeing with Hyunsik.

“Whatever” Jongdae shrugs and he continues eating.

We continue eating and talk about other stuff. Hyunsik and Dongjun are pumped for the upcoming soccer games as Sandeul contemplated being part of the theatre club. We forgot about Myungsoo and the girl for the most part.

“I think we need to hang out more with Myungsoo” I say interrupting the guys' conversation.

“I agree” Hyunsik says as the rest nod their heads.

“Just depends on time wise now” Jongdae slouches back on his seat and shrugs.

“Just tell me when” We hear a voice that doesn’t belong to any of us and turn to look at the owner.

Myungsoo looks at us brightly, the girl hiding behind him.

We look at Myungsoo in awe at the complete change of personality. Before he would disagree and fight against the idea and now he accepted right away. I got all happy inside, almost tearing up. Almost.

Jongdae was the first to recover.”Yea sure! It’s been awhile you hung out with the bros, dude.”

Myungsoo chuckles.

“Maybe you can even invite your girlfriend a few times” Jongdae teases wigggling his eyebrows towards the girl as I notice the girl tense up shaking her head.

“She’s not my girlfriend but I’m sure she’ll like that” Myungsoo says in a teasingly way.

“Not your girlfriend?” Dongjun questions.

“Yea you know her, her name is Da---” he doesn’t finish as the girl clamps her hand on his mouth.

He shakes his head a bit and she releases him and goes back hiding behind him and doesn’t let us see her face.

“She’s Daeun”

We were about to ask them more questions when she shows him her phone and grabs hold of Myungsoo’s arm and starts dragging him away saying bye, leaving us confused.

“What just happened” Sandeul asked.

“I don’t know anymore” I sigh

“Well then let’s go” Hyunsik says.

We get up and I feel my phone vibrate indicating I got a message.

I look at the name surprised once again seeing Namjoo’s name.

“Baekhyun oppa, I just got home! Myungsoo oppa and Dasom unnie aren’t here anymore…”

“Yea, didn’t you say you saw Myungsoo with some girl in the park?”

“I did, didn’t I! I’m so forgetful, oops!”

“Hey you said Dasom was in your house?” I ask as something clicked in my head.

“Yea she brought us food! Do you know Unnie?”

“Yea I do. Gotta go bye!”

I follow the guys out the cafe and decide to tell them.

“I know who the girl is” I say as they turn around surprised.

“Who is it?” Jongdae asks.

“Cho Dasom”

They look at me eyes wide and mouth agape.

 

 

A/N: HI! I'm sorry it took so long to update. I'm hoping with this long chapter it'll make up for it. Hope you all enjoy! I'm halfway done on the next chapter so hopefully I'll have it up in 2-3 weeks max *crossing fingers* Thank you all for reading! See you next time!