Surprise Visit

I Don't Care...I Think

"What are you doing here?"

I look at the girl on the other side of my front door.

"I came to visit both you and Namjoo! Mind if I come in?!"

"Yes. I told you to stop stalking me."

"We're friends now! Friends know where their friends live okay!"

"I don't know where you or Sungyeol live so I don't understand what you mean"

"Myungsoo, don't be mean!"

“Unnie!” I turn around to see Namjoo walking into the living room.

“Hey Namjoo! Tell your brother to let me in!”

“Oppa, let her in! Look she brought us something!” she says as she points to the bag Dasom was holding.

“What is it?”

“Oh I brought kimbap, kimchi, some potato chips and sandwiches”

“That’s a random combination”

“Yea well, I usually eat kimbap and kimchi at home so I thought I should bring something else just in case you guys wanted something different as well.”

“Unnie you’re so considerate!” Namjoo says from the living room.

“Fine. I'm hungry." I say as I widen the door to let Dasom in.

"Thanks! Where should I place the food?"

"The kitchen table" Namjoo directs her towards it.

"I'm so glad you came unnie! I was going to make something for us to eat since mom and dad went to visit some old friend."

"I see, well I guess I have great timing!" She smiled.

-------------

"Wah!! You drove right into me!"

"You're in my way"

"The road is pretty wide for you to drive without hitting me Myungsoo!"

"This is a car race, I'm trying to win"

After eating we watched TV in the living room with Namjoo, but then Namjoo went into her room while we watch some anime we both had just started. Since my life is boring I actually started going to back to what I used to like, anime being one of them.

After a few episodes Dasom got bored and asks if I had video games. She mentioned that her sister and her played video games a lot when they were small. Sister? I don't remember her ever mentioning her sister before.

We stop to change games because Dasom could not take losing anymore so while I was changing the game I decide to ask her something that was on my mind for awhile.

“Hey” she looks up from looking at a book “you never mentioned you had a sister before.”

She stares at me for awhile and looks down, closing the book in the process as she sighs.

“It’s not something I really like to talk about” she whispers.

“Don’t tell me then...I was just curious since you never brought her up before nor have I seen her around.”

She looks up with a raised eyebrow and a smirk on her face “Is the cold one actually curious about someone else?”

“Shut up, I thought you were the one that was going to help make me be happy, to live life at the fullest. I got to start somewhere.” I say as I look away.

“Yep, you bet. I’ll be helping you all the way! Look, I think we made progress today with us playing video games and watching anime.”

“I didn’t know you were such a geek”

“I will always be a geek to heart!” she exclaims placing her hand on her heart. “Plus, I don’t talk to a lot of people so I spent my time watching and playing”

“You’re so cheerful, how can you not talk to a lot of people?”

"I've always had trouble making friends since young because I've been shy my whole life"

"You're lying"

" I am not!"

"What about you being cheerful with Namjoo and I? Or with Jongdae?"

"Oh my gosh! You know about Jongdae and I!! She yells panicking.

"Yea, what kind of friend would I be if I didn't know?"

She smiled brightly. "You acknowledge Jongdae as your friend!" Clapping her hands. "This has been a very successful day for you, Myungsoo! We need to celebrate!!"

"Shut up, don't change the subject. We're talking about you." She pouts.

"Fine, I did have a crush on Jongdae but when he kissed me I got scared and said I liked you. I was confused on why he liked me. I was an annoying fangirl"

"That's why I don't get how you can be shy if you were annoying"

"I was only annoying to Jongdae. I wanted him to notice me" she grabs my pillow and hugs it "and when he did, I panicked and ruined something that could have happened" she frowns.

I look at her and can actually see that she truly regretted what she did.

"Hey don't beat yourself up, we were all kids. Plus don't you like Hyunsik now?"

She looks up from the floor and smile. "Yeah I think I do."

"You think? You're not sure?" Wow I seriously have been asking a lot of questions today. As I look at her.

"I'm not sure why I started liking him..."she starts " I don't even watch his games..." She leans back on my bed "I haven't really talked to him...I guess I think he's handsome" she shrugs.

She looks at me with a serious face. "Can you do me a favor, Myungsoo? Can...can you set up a date with me and Hyunsik? I don't have the guts to ask him myself"

"I'm no matchmaker so, no"

"Aww why! I thought we were friends!" She flails her arms.

"Exactly, don't put me in this awkward position"

"Please Myungsoo?" She went on her knees and begged.

"Ugh, fine just stop being annoying" why am I so weak!?

"Yay!" She lunges forward to hug me and I freeze up because of the skin ship. Realizing what she's doing she quickly let's go and apologizes.

"Now can we celebrate your improvement?" She pleads.

I roll my eyes “yea whatever”

“Yay! let me go get Namjoo then, she’ll be so happy!” she leaves my room towards Namjoo’s.

While she went to get Namjoo I turn off my TV and regret agreeing. I was quite comfortable on the floor and didn’t really feel like going out but I guess I have no choice now. I got up and put on my jacket concerned that I haven’t heard Dasom or Namjoo out in the hallway. I see Dasom pass by my door towards the living room and see her come back with a concerned face.

“Does Namjoo not want to go?” I ask as I start heading out of my room.

“Myungsoo…”I turn to Dasom who still looked concerned and raise my eyebrow.

“What?”

“Namjoo’s not in the house.”

.

------------

“What do you mean you don’t know where your own sister would go!!” Dasom irritatedly yells.

“Exactly that, I don’t pay attention to what she does” I shrug.

Before her statement processed through my head she was already pulling me towards the door.

And here we are walking aimlessly with no direction because I don’t know where Namjoo would go.

She scoffed. “Do you even know your sister?!” She furiously walks ahead of me.

I don’t, but I don’t really mind Dasom being mad at me or judging me. Not like I know that much about her either.

“Does it matter? She left on her own.” I roll my eyes as I slowly follow her until she angrily turns around.

“Does it matter!? Your sister disappears on your watch and you’re responsible for her well-being! You realize that Namjoo can be hurt! Can’t you be a ing, caring human being for once!” tears b her eyes.

I stop walking. “Why do you care so much? Don’t cry about something so trivial. She’s fine.”

She looks at me in disbelief. “You don’t know that until you actually see her, Myungsoo” as her tears fall down.

“Hey, what’s wrong with you? Why are you crying?” I walk closer to her as she looks down at the floor, her shoulders shaking.“ She took the opportunity of our parent’s absence to go sneak out to hang out with her friends since she’s still grounded.” I finish as I put a hand on her shoulder as I’ve seen in movies to comfort her.

“You think so? You don’t think she followed a dog outside?” she whispers.

“Friends, yea. dog, no” I look at her confused. “Why did you say a dog?” We never mentioned a dog before. Now she’s worrying me.

“Can we go to a park to sit down, Myungsoo?” What? The girl just changed her mood in a flash.

"Sure"

We go to a nearby park and sit on the swings. Luckily for us, the park was slightly empty, the sun was still out, but no kids wanting to use the swings.

We sat there, swinging slowly as I look ahead rather than at Dasom. I thought about Namjoo. There was no doubt in my mind that she wasn't safe. I know she's a responsible and mature kid, more than I could ever be. So she could definitely take care of herself and not make poor decisions. It was still somewhat early in the afternoon so hopefully she'll come back before it gets dark. I trust Namjoo, that much I can say.

"My sister's name is Jieun." Dasom says quietly. I stop swinging and sit there.

"Like I told you before, you don't have to tell me"

She looks up and faces me. "I know. But I want to. You didn't seem to worry much about Namjoo so it seems you trust her a lot"

"Yea, she's my sister. I trust her the most" I say.

"Like a best friend?" She quietly says.

"Best friend? Not sure, we're not super close but she has my back" I smile.

"My sister was two years younger than me" she pauses. "She was my best friend."

Was?

 

A/N: Hello! Wow Namjoo seems as she's rebelling more isnt she? I honestly didn't even plan this, it all just happened. I hope it makes sense, it does to me...anyways super big thanks for reading! Last update I didn't leave a note because I was going to update this chapter right away but ended up not doing so. I've updated twice this month because I haven't update in 2 months so I hope you enjoy! I'll be quite busy in the upcoming weeks because of school,work and some side jobs I do but I'll try not to keep you waiting so long. Also wanted to say I wrote a oneshot about parts of a dream I had if you want to read. Thanks again!

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/811366/that-night-donghae