Kim Myungsoo

I Don't Care...I Think

I, Kim Myungsoo honestly don't care.

If I don't care, it's not important and if it's important, I care.

Simple, right?

This way I don't meddle in others lives, while they shouldn't meddle in mine.

Yes. I may seem heartless, careless, inconsiderate, ignorant, whatever name one can think of, but honestly I don't really care and I wish others would be like me then they would have a calm and peaceful life. Not that crazy lifestyle, trust me.

Ever since my parents thought it was a good idea to put me in our church's choir and take me to dance classes, I had a feeling they wanted me to become a singer.

Like that will ever happen. At least not now, as of now that's my past. I don't do that anymore as much as my parents persist. It's annoying.

I'm in my first year of high school, I'm starting fresh. I have a different mindset, a different goal than their wish of a talented son in singing. Ha! always makes me laugh. Anyways I've decided to do this and just live a nonchalant life.

All I have to do now is go to school and work at a cafe near school. That's a simple life right? Or am I being a hypocrite?

Guess I am, but everyone needs money, right?

I never rush to school or work, I don't stress out or anything. All I do is wash dishes for a few hours, go home, do homework and sleep. My life is simple and I never meddle in others' lives.

I guess there's a need to talk with my coworkers but not really. I mostly answer their questions, you'll never hear a question asked from me. I don't work like that and like I said, I don't care about their school life or their love life or really them. I know it's mean but hey, what can I do. They're the ones with the complicated life that they chose to deal with.

“Myungsoo, do you think I should give my girlfriend roses or tulips for her birthday?” my coworker Sungyeol asked.

“Huh...I don't know” Ooh my favorite words

“Dude, help me out here”

“No”

“C'mon, Myungsoo...”

“I don't really pay attention to stuff like that” I wasn't lying, I could care less about Sungyeol's relationship or flowers in general. I'm just here to gain money, not to know other people's “dilemmas.”

“Ya, don't you know what girls like, they're always over you!”

“Doesn't mean I know them or care about what they do, they're just bothering me”

I only care about one girl and that's my little sister. The only other person I care about other than myself is my sister Namjoo. She's special to me although I treat her the same as everyone else. It's hard to try to change when my parents constantly question my actions. She’s the only one that truly understands to back off and not question my motives. Again my parents are annoying, always asking me questions. Anyways, my sister never questioned why I quit everything like singing which was my whole childhood or even hanging out with people. She lived her life while I lived mine. See, she understands the statement: “Curiosity killed the cat, so don't meddle.” OK the last part I kind of added, but hey you get the meaning.

People just don't know when to stop especially this fool next to me.

“C'mon dude just choose for me.”

“No”

“Why not?”

“Because...I'm not being paid to answer your relationship decisions, just to wash dishes”

You may be wondering that this whole thing would be over if I just said whichever came to mind first, but remember if I don't care it isn't important and I don't give in to these kind of situations. If I give in then it'll seem like I thought about it and actually cared and that totally contradicts my whole new life goal of not caring especially, when it's not important like this.

“Calm down dude, don't get all riled up, it was just a simple question” Sungyeol said with his hands raised up.

Then you shouldn't have asked me, I thought. (I've said enough mean things for today, I didn't have to say this out loud) as I continued to wash dishes.

Ugh..my annoyance at work. I try to work peacefully but no...someone always has to come and ask me questions. I just want to work alone and leave. I don't like useless distractions especially idiots like him.

So, yeah you can assume we're not friends, just co workers. Unfortunately.

We actually go to the same school and he ain't the brightest. That's all I know about him.

You'd think I'd say more right?

Remember, I don't care about others, so I'm not curious about their lives.

But life doesn't really like to work in my favor.