Whispers

TAST

Sehun read the letter over and over that night. He didn't tell the others anything at dinner in the evening. He thought this should be a secret. Jongin didn't come back and Sehun was left alone in their room. After all that had happened during the last four days he was surprised he wasn't crazy. It was amazing how one day he was a normal kid and the next he had a letter from the principal claiming his powers were getting stronger. He was afraid to go back to his classes in fear that everyone would talk. He'd already heard it in the cafeteria and hallways. Did you hear about the new kid? He took down Kim Jongin! I'm afraid to get on his bad side. They would whisper and point and cower in fear. He never liked having so much attention. That's why he sat in the back of all his classes. All night he wondered how he was going to get through the day. He finally fell asleep after worrying about everything there was to worry about.

 

 

He was not woken up by Jongin yelling at him today. Sehun was woken up by the beep of the alarm clock by his bed. He had gotten into a routine. Shower. Shoo Baekhyun and Chanyeol from his room. Dress. Breakfast. Class. But this time in class the teacher actually made him participate. Answering various questions, solving equations, stuff like that. No one whispered or pointed and everything was okay. All his classes seemed to be like this. Almost too normal for a school of superkids underwater. But at lunch he finally figured out why no one was talking about him. They were to busy talking about something else.

"Well of course in the middle of the month everyone is talking about the event." Baekhyun said upon entering the lunch room with Sehun." Right now no one gives a crap about what some new kid does. But I have heard some talk about putting you in the ring." Great, another thing for Sehun to worry about. Getting thrown in the ring with a kid much stronger than him. They found their table and sat with Chanyeol.

"Hey what's up guys? Did you hear about how some people think Sehun should be put in the ring. They think he should take Jongin's place even." Chanyeol just added a pile of stress to Sehun's already stressful mind. He hadn't even seen Jongin since gym class yesterday. He was actually worried about him but he knew if Jongin saw him he'd be dead.

"Guys, this is super serious. I'm afraid of seeing Jongin again," Sehun said shutting the other two up.

"What do you mean? You're roomates, you see eachother everyday." Baekhyun asked.

"I didn't see him yesterday. What if he comes for me?" When Sehun said that, Chanyeol couldn't help but laugh.

"Oh come on are you seriously scared of Jongin? You're strong enough to take him down! You already did it once." This was true but still. He at least wanted to apologize to him. He finished up his lunch listening to Chanyeol trying to talk Baekhyun into letting him copy his math homework.

 

 

 

Sehun finally found Jongin in the locker room. He did not know if it was a good idea to talk to him or not. Whenever he dared to take a step, he thought of the different ways Jongin could kill him. Sehun finally grew some balls and walked all the way up to Jongin.

"Hey, Jongin?" Sehun said so very cautiously. Talking to Jongin was like walking in a minefield.

"What the hell do you want, Sehun? Is it a beating? If not I suggest you go away." Jongin said changing into his gym clothes.

"I...I just wanted to say sorry. I shouldn't have said o...or done anything. I'm stupid and I'm s...sorry." Sehun said shaking.

Jongin stopped, turned around and looked at Sehun with eyes darker than the abyss of the ocean."I don't want or care about your ing apology. What happened, happened. You got lucky and I didn't murder you. You did get one thing right though. You are pretty stupid. Especially because you are still talking to me even though I said so obviously not to. Turn the around and go the away." Sehun was honestly surprised he didn't piss himself while Jongin was talking. He did walk away though. He changed and prayed that the coach wouldn't make him use his powers again. He thanked God that he didn't, but the whispers were still going on. I wanna see Sehun in the ring. He would totally die in the ring. The kids at TAFA would crush him. The whispers didn't stop. Not in the halls not in class. The only class he looked forward to was science. He was actually pretty good at it and both Baekhyun and Chanyeol were in that class. Sadly, it was his last class of the day so he'd have to wait and listen to everyone whispering. Do you think Principal Kim would allow it? What if he got put in the ring with Luhan? He would die wouldn't he? Maybe he's stronger than Principal Kim. And then he realized one name getting repeated over and over. What would he do if he went with Luhan? He wouldn't stand a chance against Luhan. Luhan would beat him into a coma. Who was Luhan?

It was finally science class and Sehun couldn't be more happy. He didn't pay attention to anyone talking just the teacher talking about natural selection. After class though he did try to talk to Baekhyun and Chanyeol.

"Hey guys, I got a question." He said once he was alone in the classroom with them. He had to ask someone, anyone.

"Sure what is it, Sehunnie."

"Everyone is talking about putting me in the ring with someone called Luhan. Who is he?" He noticed a change in their faces once the name was mentioned.

"He... he goes to the other school. He's pretty strong. And yeah." Baekhyun answered so vaguely. 

"Is that it? What's his power? Why is everyone so scared of him like he's a murderer?" Sehun was so confused.

Chanyeol chuckled a bit at the irony. Baekhyun elbowed him in the side. "You shouldn't worry about it. Only Jongin ever goes in the ring with Luhan. We should...uh...we should get going. Right, Chanyeol? Uh..b..bye Sehunnie." They left him alone in the classroom with about a million questions left unanswered. It was a bit unsettling how no one talked about him in detail just his name. Luhan. He went back to his room ignoring everyone in the halls and avoiding looking at everyone staring at him. He got to his room, done with everything but the second he stepped in he saw something he probably shoudn't have. Jongin was sitting on his bed with a boy with dark hair and large eyes. That's not the weird part though. Jongin was crying. Tears soaked his face and once he heard the door close he looked at Sehun. The tears in his eyes replaced with anger.

"GET OUT! NOW GET THE OUT! GO!" Jongin screamed at him. Sehun could tell he wanted to hurt him. Bad.

"Jongin calm down. Don't do anything you might regret." The doe eyed boy said in an effort to calm him down. "You should leave now." He said to Sehun. He didn't have to be told twice. He left the room with a painful image stuck in his head.