Lessons to be Learned

TAST

 

The rest of Sehun's day went by lazily. Nothing eventful had happened, but the next day he'd be starting lessons at his new school. That night Sehun couldn't sleep. His nerves got to him even though he knew that there was nothing to be nervous about. He tossed and his bed over-thinking how the next day would go. He was almost asleep when he heard rustling from the other side of the room.

"N...no...please it hurts...no..no...someone help me!" Jongin shot up from his bed, sweat dripping down his forehead. Sehun wanted to say something but was too shocked. He remembered what Baekhyun had told him about the nightmares.

"Are you alright?" Sehun finally spoke up. When Jongin turned around he wondered if that was a mistake. The way Jongin looked at Sehun was terrifying. It was like he was tearing holes in Sehun's soul with only his eyes.

"Don't ing talk to me!" Jongin said with the rage of ten thousand demons burning in hell. He then went back to sleep leaving Sehun both horrified and dumbstruck.

 

 

 

 

 

"Wake up or I swear to the actual God in heaven, you won't see the sun again," Jongin said as he got dressed for classes. Sehun really didn't like his attitude, but little did he know this was Jongin being nice and thanking him for caring about what happened the night before. Classes started at 7:45 it was 6:35 when Sehun checked the small clock on his bedside table. He got up and went straight to the bathroom to take a shower. While he was in the shower he heard the door open and close followed by familiar giggles. When he turned the water off he heard shushing. He went out cautious only to find that his friends were trying to hide and scare him.

"See I told you it wouldn't work," Baekhyun said hitting Chanyeol across the head. 

"What are you talking about? This was your idea," Chanyeol countered. These two were not just idiots but now Sehun's idiots

"Good morning to you, too, I guess?" Sehun stood there awkwardly still half-. "If you don't mind I'm still kinda and need to, you know, get dressed." The two boys just kinda stood there like dumb puppies."Alone." Sehun added.

"Oh right, sorry!" They finally left after telling Sehun to meet them in the cafeteria for breakfast. Yep, definitly Sehun's idiots.     

 

 

After getting all ready for the day Sehun went to the cafeteria where his friends were. They had about 30 minutes until classes started.

"Did you get your schedule? I wanna see if we have any classes together," Baekhyun was so excited to find out. There were 8 periods in the day including lunch. Sehun's schedule went math, reading, history, writing, lunch, p.e., health, and science. He shared three classes with Baekhyun, three classes with Chanyeol, and then lunch and science with both of them.

"Just a word of warning, Jongin is in our p.e. class. He tends to show off a bit. And by a bit I mean he's a total show off. Also,gets in fights," Chanyeol warned Sehun. Today was going to be more trouble than it was worth, Sehun just didn't know it yet.

 

 

 

His first class was math, which he shared with Baekhyun. He was never a new student so when the teacher did the whole 'introduce yourself, tell us where you're from, I'm over enthusiastic but no one really cares' thing he kinda stood awkwardly talking about himself. Once that was over he found a seat somewhere in the back of the classroom and proceeded to half pay attention. He wasn't great at math anyway and the teacher was going over something he learned a long time ago. He was thinking about everything and nothing when he realized that it was April. School would be out in May. He just started and was already excited for summer break. By the time he zoned back in the bell was ringing indicating class was over.

"Hey, Sehun lets walk to our next class together," Baekhyun had said once Sehun had got out the door. They headed to their next class and it went pretty much the same as the other. Sehun got introduced, picked a seat somewhere in the back, and zoned out. This happened until lunch where he say his two friends at the table with food and smiles.

"How is our Sehunnie doing on his first day at TAST?" Baekhyun questioned using a new nickname."Do you like the nickname? I've been working on it, Sehunnie."

"No I don't, but you're going to call me that anyway, right?" Sehun answered not even half amused.

"You're damn right! Now how was you're first day," Baekhyun was like a mother wanting to know everything even though school wasn't finished.

"Oh, I'm having a wonderful day, mom!" Sehun said as sarcastically as humanly possible." But seriously it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. I have no idea why I was so worried." Sehun shrugged and continued eating his lunch.

"I'm just excited for next period. Gym is my favorite class. You should see what I can do with fire." Chanyeol said with a mouth full of food.

"Is one of those things almost setting fire to the coach's clothes?" Baekhyun said laughing.

"I thought we agreed not to talk about that." Chanyeol got red in the face. Sehun and Baekhyun laughed while Baekhyun told the story of a misdirected fireball and other embarresing stories. They had a great time and the bell rang. Chanyeol and Sehun left to the gym for their next class.

 

 

 

In the ever so intimidating locker room Sehun found a locker with the wind symbol and a string of numbers taped on the back of the lock. He opened his new locker and memorized the numbers. He found basketball shorts and a tank top with his symbol on the back with the numbers 94 written under the symbol. He got changed and went out where a number of other boys and girls were talking and walking around. He spotted Chanyeol waiting for him. They talked for a while when the teacher came in and blew his whistle.

"Today we will be practicing using our powers with partners! Sehun, your new so I want you up here with the best." Coach Lee had gotten Jongin and Sehun in the 'ring' together. Jongin, because walking was too mainstream, teleported right in front of Sehun scaring the ever-loving out of him.

"You should be scared because I don't know if I can hold back." Jongin was so intimidating and Sehun just didn't want to be hurt, so he just said the first thing he came up with.

"You don't have to be scary and intimidating with me. I'm so sorry about what happened to your parents and I would like to be friends." Not Sehun's best idea. Jongin's eyes went from half menacing to full on the devil has risen take cover.

"How dare you! You don't know anything! But thank God I'm here because there are lessons to be learned." With that Jongin vanished and Sehun was scared less. In no time Jongin was charging at him ready to hurt Sehun. In defense Sehun threw up his arms with clenched fists to block a punch that never came. He opened one of his eyes and saw Jongin, holding his throat and gasping for air. Sehun still had his hands in the air when Coach Lee went to his side to see what was wrong. Sehun dropped his hands and the second he unclenched his fists, Jongin started gasping for air. He coughed and the look on his face was definitly fear. 

"Wha... what did you do to me! You almost killed me!" The fire was back in Jongin's eyes but the coach had stopped him and led him to the bench to catch his breath. Did I do that? Sehun thought. All I did was clench my... and that's when it hit him. He had both the power to blow air and block it off entirely from entering your lungs. He didn't know what to do so he sat down next to Chanyeol. Who was still as surprised as ever.

"Yet another new power. Wow, you... your some kind of superkid huh?" Chanyeol said still pretty astonished. Sehun didn't think he was special but this was just to much for him to take in now.

 

 

After his classes had ended he was still thinking about what happened that afternoon. He got back to his room and didn't see Jongin, which wasn't a surprise, but what he did see was a letter from Principal Kim.

 

Sehun,

I heard about what you did in gym class today and wanted to inform you that your powers are growing faster and faster each day without your control. Every Sunday afternoon please report to the gymnasium and I will help you train to keep your powers under control and see what else you can do.

Sincerely, Principal Kim