A Recipe for Revelations

Soy Milk & Twisted Dough Sticks
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~Chapter 8 – A Recipe for Revelations~

            The doors of Luhan’s favorite kitchen classroom swung open as Sehun dragged Luhan into it and shut the door so none of the people from the crowd could follow them. “I can’t stand crowds or people that can’t take a hint,” muttered Sehun as he checked the windows to see if there was anyone that saw them enter the classroom.

            “Clearly, since you just ran all the way across campus to hide yourself in my favorite classroom,” panted Luhan as he tried to catch his breath.

            Sehun turned around facing Luhan after seeing that the coast was somewhat clear outside “Sorry about dragging you along so suddenly, it’s just when I saw you so close to the crowd I thought that I could use that as a chance to escape and if I didn’t drag you along with me, the crowd probably would have harassed you again over the partner thing.”

            “Oh, no problem I needed exercise anyways,” joked Luhan as he laughed a bit.

            “I think we can leave now, there shouldn’t be anyone from the crowd outsi-” Sehun stopped as he heard a low grumbling noise and simply stared at Luhan’s flushing pink face.

            “Hee hee, um I sort of threw my sandwich at Baekhyun earlier and I was heading to get another but I never got the chance too, so I’m kind of hungry…” Luhan explained sheepishly.

            “Oh,” Sehun felt a bit guilty at just dragging Luhan along and basically causing him to skip lunch ‘I’ll make it up to him this way.’ Sehun walked past Luhan towards one of the kitchen stations and began taking out ingredients.

            “Hey, what are you doing?” questioned Luhan walking over to the station as well.

            “Sit,” Sehun commanded before continuing to get out the ingredients he needed.

            “But, what are you-”

            “Sit.”

            Luhan sighed “Fine,” sitting down at the counter part of the kitchen station with a pout ‘I’m still older than you, shouldn’t this be the other way around?’

            “What fruit do you want right now?” asked Sehun looking at the pouting Luhan ‘Is he seriously older than me?’

            Luhan peered over towards the opened fridge “Cherries?”

            Sehun nodded and grabbed the fruit, placing it on the table along with the other ingredients. “Are you going to make something?” asked Luhan excitedly, eager to try something from Sehun for the first time.

            Sehun simply nodded once more “It’s to make up for dragging you here without your sandwich.”

            With a giant smile on his face Luhan cheered “Yay! I’ll get to try something the Sehun Oh made!”

            Sehun felt the corners of his lips twitch again as he began his work on the dessert ‘Alright, I’ll make a cherry crisp for him since it’ll be quick enough to prepare  in the short amount of time we have before class.’   

            The first thing Sehun did was preheat the oven to the desired temperature and took out two bowls, in one of them he poured enough cherries for one serving, some white sugar, and a bit of melted butter and mixed it all together in order to have the cherries evenly coated. In the second bowl Sehun put some oats, honey, brown sugar, and flour into it and mixed that thoroughly as well so that the mixture stuck together and was now crumbly. Then he took out a small bowl and poured the first bowl with the cherries into it, setting that bowl in the sink, he then grabbed the second bowl with the crumble and began evenly packing the top of the cherries with it until all the cherries were completely covered. Placing the semi finished cherry crisp dessert bowl onto a pan, Sehun swiftly slid it into the oven setting a timer for about ten minutes.

            Luhan was watching with rapt attention as Sehun moved around with speed and precision in the kitchen, snapping out of it only when he heard Sehun say “It’ll be done soon.”

            “I can’t wait!” grinned Luhan more than eager to see how it would taste since he could practically smell the sweet scent of it permeating the room making his mouth water.

            When the timer finally went off, Sehun carefully took it out revealing the golden brown and oozing cherry juice dessert. Placing it on the cou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter