Missing Wallets and Awkwardness

Soy Milk & Twisted Dough Sticks
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~Chapter 10 – Missing Wallets and Awkwardness~

            “Suho, I swear Sehun has been glaring at me this entire week, even Luhan has been giving me funny looks too as if I wronged him in some way and I don’t even know why,” said Kris as he sat in the dorm’s living room couch.

            “Didn’t we already have this conversation? You’re imagining things,” replied Suho who was sitting on the floor next to the couch.

            “But Sehun seriously just sent me a glare as he walked out the door right now!” exclaimed Kris as he childishly pointed toward the door Sehun just exited as if to put emphasis on his point.

            Suho only gave Kris an exasperated look “I highly doubt that but if Sehun was glaring at you and Luhan was giving you weird looks then are you sure you didn’t offend them in anyway?”

            “No? At least… I don’t think so,” Kris answered as he thought over what he could have possibly done to set off his friends’ weird behavior towards him “Oh by the way have you seen my wallet? I can’t find it anywhere and I searched our room almost twelve times already.”

            “No, I haven’t seen it, you usually leave it on your night stand don’t you?” asked Suho confused.

            “Yeah, but I can’t find it, it seemed like it just disappeared this morning.”

            “Really? I’m sure you probably misplaced it,” reassured Suho.

            “I hope so,” mumbled Kris sinking lower into the couch getting comfortable “Maybe one of the others has seen it, I really hope none of them pick it up and spend all my money in it.”

            Meanwhile Luhan was alone in his favorite kitchen classroom wondering over what he should create today and completely avoiding anything that could possibly remind him of the incident that happened with Sehun. Throughout the entire week it has been nothing but awkward between the two. Luhan kept avoiding Sehun by doing things like waking up early to go to breakfast, showing up to class at exactly the moment before the teacher arrives and just talking to any of the others to make it seem as if he was busy if Sehun was around.

            Luhan was feeling really guilty over avoiding Sehun for the past week but he couldn’t really help it, especially when every time he so much as glanced at the younger it caused him to remember the accidental kiss they shared which causes him to blush a bright red afterwards and start stuttering.

            Luhan just didn’t really know what else to do anymore, the way Sehun’s lips felt against his and how they tasted so sweet made Luhan’s heart skip a beat especially when he remembered how close Sehun’s face was to his during that moment. In all honesty, Luhan wanted to slam his head against a wall in frustration after that day’s initial freak out session over what happened (and thinking over how to exact revenge on Kris although that didn’t go so well since Luhan couldn’t think of any good plan for that… yet) he desperately wanted to return things to normal and erase all the awkwardness but he wasn’t entirely sure how.

            He liked talking to Sehun and interacting with him, Sehun’s responses were always fun to listen to despite him not talking often it was what made listening to Sehun talk more interesting. More than anything Luhan wanted to know what the younger thought of the incident but for some unknown reason he was a bit scared to find out although he didn’t know why since after all it was Sehun, the same Sehun who he’s befriended and the one who’s been so indifferent towards a lot of things. Although Luhan tried reasoning with himself ‘Maybe its best this way?’ but that only made him feel even guiltier.

            Luhan sighed out loud refocusing on his current task ‘Hmmm what to make today?’ He looked around the station as he grabbed out random items in whatever order they decided to appear in.

            “Whenever you feel like things are too much or you just wish for a time that you can just let everything be at peace, remember your favorite dessert can always bring you to a happier mind set so take the time to eat some no matter how busy you are.”

            “But grandma, I love your dough sticks the most! They’re my favorite dessert! How do I do that when I only love the ones you make!?”

            The grandmother could only chuckle at her adorable grandson “Those aren’t even desserts they’re mostly eaten for breakfast.”

            “But I always save them for last! And I always ask for them whenever we have dessert for dinner!”

            “Okay, I’ll show you the secret recipe okay? Just promise me that you’ll always have a reason to keep smiling, kids like you should always find some type of happiness in their life especially in their darkest moments.”

            “I’m not a kid granny! I’m seven and manly!” squealed the little boy as he pouted his pink lips cutely.

            “Alright, alright manly boys like you Luhan should find happiness no matter what okay?”

            “Okay, pinky promise!” said seven year old Luhan holding up his pinky to his grandmother with a cheeky grin on his face.

            “Good boy Xiao Lu,” smiled Luhan’s grandmother as she pinky promised with her grandson.

            Luhan smiled as the memory between him and his grandmother came to mind and his hands began the process for making the dough sticks that he still loved eating even after all these years. Luhan took a bowl out and combined flour and baking powder mixing it up and putting it to the side. He reached for a second bowl and mixed together alum, baking soda, salt, and water until it dissolved as much as possible before taking the first bowl and pouring it into the second mixture in order to create the soft dough that was needed. Luhan proceeded to flour his hands a bit to prevent any dough sticking to it and began kneading the dough ball, once that was done he covered the outside of the dough with oil and then wrapped it up in plastic wrap. ‘Now I have to let it sit for a few moments,’ thought Luhan happily as he couldn’t help but anticipate eating his favorite dessert.

            But due to his focus on his dessert he didn’t bother to take notice of a certain stoic boy entering the kitchen classroom until he heard a quiet voice say “I knew you were hiding here.”

            Luhan’s smile was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter