Back at SMACSE

Soy Milk & Twisted Dough Sticks
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~Chapter 32 – Back at SMACSE~

            “Ugghhh, packing is a pain!” complained Kris as he threw his random belongings into his suitcase. Sehun was walking back up the stairs and passing by the bedroom when he heard the older complain and then Suho saying “I know, but we’re almost done and we’ll be back at the tea dorm house soon enough.”

            Kris sighed “Yeah, I guess.”

            Suho got up from where he was packing and gave Kris a quick peck on the cheek, “Yup, now let’s finish this before Granny comes back from Deer’s Bakery.”

            Kris sighed again but went ahead with his tasks.

            ‘I wonder how Luhan is doing with his packing…’ thought Sehun as he passed by and went straight for the room that he had been sharing with Luhan.

            After the day at Incheon Tower, things seemed pretty normal despite the glances that Luhan kept throwing at Sehun every few seconds and the fact that Luhan seemed a bit peeved at the others for some strange reason. Sehun tried asking the older why he seemed to be so, but Luhan only shrugged him off saying “I’m sleepy,” to which the younger just accepted since he didn’t really want to pry and Luhan seemed to have snapped out of his peevish mood by the time everyone reached the car to go back home.

            Entering the room Sehun saw that Luhan was just shoving his things into his own bag as well without even bothering to fold it neatly or order the clothing. “Ugh, why can’t this just fit!?” muttered Luhan as he tried zipping up his bag that was clearly over stuffed.

            Seeing the older struggling, Sehun came over and held the opening of the bag closed “Here.”

            Luhan looked a bit startled because Sehun seemed to have appeared out of no where but still pulled on the zipper swiftly, closing the bag and then saying a quiet “Thanks, Sehun.”

            Sehun nodded and went to get his own bag that he already packed to bring downstairs for their departure, lifting it up, Sehun turned back around to head back out the door but stopped when he saw Luhan looking at him with a nervous expression. “What?” asked Sehun curiously.

            “Um,” Luhan bit the bottom of his lip, a blush seemed to erupt on his cheeks “About yesterd-”

            “Kids! I’m back! You’re all still here right!?” called out Meili who apparently just came home.

            “Yeah! We’re home Granny!!!” yelled back about seven different voices all at once.

            “Okay!!! Just making sure!” yelled back Meili.

            Luhan opened his mouth again “Anyways I wanted to-”

            “Mom! Why are you yelling so loudly!? We heard you all the way outside!” exclaimed apparently Jin who also just came through the door.

            “I was just checking if the boys were still here,” explained Meili with a shrug.

            “Oh, are they?” asked Sunhee.

            “Yeah, I guess they’re still packing,” replied Mieli.

            There was a blank expression on Luhan’s face, as the conversation between his grandmother and parents became quieter.

            ‘Is something wrong?’ thought Sehun as he saw Luhan just stand there “What were you going to say?”

            “Nothing, absolutely nothing,” replied Luhan with exasperation “You know what I will tell you when we get back to SMACSE okay?”

            Sehun nodded, “Sure, I guess.”

            “Okay,” was Luhan’s only reply as he grabbed his bag and opened the bedroom door to head downstairs with Sehun following right behind with his own things.

            Meili was the first to see the duo walk down the stairs “Xiao Lu! Hunnie! You’re done packing early.”

            Luhan gave a small smile and a sheepish laugh “I sort of just shoved everything in my bag.”

            “That sounds like something you’d do alright Luhan,” said Sunhee with a light laugh at her son’s habits.

            The two were finally down from the bottom of the stairs as the others also began coming out of their rooms after finishing their own packing and joining the duo.

            “Ah you’re all finished?” asked Sunhee.

            The others let out a chorus of “Yes” as they began piling their way downstairs.

            “Okay, it has been fun kids, I’m so glad to have been able to see you all again,” began Sunhee as she smiled warmly at the group of boys “Thank you for everything you have opened our eyes to and let’s do this again really soon okay?”

            The boys grinned back and shouted out their agreements.

            Sunhee opened her arms and hugged Luhan first who was closest to her “And Luhan you have to come home more often okay? I want to know your progress at SMACSE and be able to try all your dessert creations, I know you will do well especially with all your friends beside you.”

            Luhan smiled and returned his mother’s hug “Yeah, I will.”

            Sunhee released Luhan and then went down the line to give each of the boys a hug and well wishes.

            Jin was the next to address the group “All of you have a strong bond, I’m truly glad all of you have formed this friendship and… thank you for simply setting things straight. It has been fun with all of you and I hope we can do this all again some time.” Jin turned towards Luhan “Son I know you will do well with your friends supporting you all the way, so hold on tight to them okay?”

            Luhan beamed before hugging his father “I will.”

            Jin gave out a laugh as he returned his son’s hug “Good.”

            “Xiao Luuuuu! My turn!” yelled out Meili as she squeezed Luhan into a hug and then grabbed the person that was next to Luhan which happened to be Sehun “And Hunnie too!” hugging the both of them tightly.

            “Ack! Granny!” Luhan said in surprise.

            ‘Whoa,’ thought Sehun as he wasn’t expecting the sudden hug either.

            Meili suddenly released them and then tackled Kris and Suho who were standing the closest to Luhan and Sehun. “I’m going to miss you all so much! I wish you all could have stayed longer!” said Meili as she made her way around the group.

            The group responded immediately with “We wish we could! It was fun! We’ll miss you too!”

            Meili stood in front of the group again after the hugs and with a bright smile she said “All of you take care of yourselves okay? And before you know it we’ll all see each other again, you will always be welcomed here no matter what.”

            ‘Welcomed no matter what…’ the words seemed to just stick out in Sehun’s mind as a light smile rose to his lips.

            A sudden honking from outside the door caused everyone to look at the door in surprise as Meili went to open the door to check what was going on “Oh, I guess your rides are here to take you back to SMACSE.” Meili turned back around “Okay, I guess this really is a see you later then.”

            Everyone nodded as Suho spoke up “We’ll see you all again soon though, thank you for everything during our entire stay. Thank you for allowing us to just goof off and have fun with you for the past week.”

             Meili grinned “You’re welcome, I’m glad you all had a good time!”

            Sunhee and Jin voiced out their own wishes of “Be sure to have a safe trip back!”

            “We will!” said multiple voices from the group as they began walking towards the door.

            But the group suddenly stopped when Meili said in a rush “Oh! Xiao Lu! I almost forgot, MAKE SURE YOU MAKE A MOVE ON HUNNIE ALREADY! HOW LONG DO YOU EXPECT YOUR GRANDMOTHER TO WAIT!? DO I LOOK LIKE I’M GETTING ANY YOUNGER!?”

            Sehun and Luhan both jumped in surprise at the sudden demand. ‘Ah, that has to be the loudest Granny’s been so far,’ thought Sehun as he felt his cheeks heat up a bit especially when he took note of how everyone’s eyes were now on the duo.

            Luhan however was a beet red as he gaped at his Granny and upon gathering his thoughts back together he shouted out “GRANNY! WHAT THE HECK!? IS THAT REALLY GOING TO BE THE LAST THING YOU’RE GOING TO TELL ME!?”

            “YES! I’VE BEEN WAITING! I THOUGHT YOU WOULD HAVE SNATCHED HUNNIE BY NOW AT LEAST! YOU EVEN SHARED A ROOM AND A BED TOGETHER!” called out Meili.

            “WHAT DOES SHARING A ROOM AND A BED HAVE TO DO WITH THAT!?” spluttered Luhan.

            “EVERYTHING! YOU HAD LOADS OF OPPORTUNITIES TO MAKE A MOVE!” replied Meili.

            ‘Yep, I would be lying if I said I wasn’t expecting this,’ thought Sehun as he watched the two argue with his expression remaining as stoic as possible although his heart did flutter at the thought of Granny being so... supportive of the two being together. ‘Loads of opportunities…’ the memory of the kiss the two shared at Incheon tower suddenly came into Sehun’s head causing a light blush to burst on to his cheeks ‘At least no one saw us do that otherwise the teasing would be even worse.’

            “Wait how long has this been going on?” ask

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter