Normal Is Just Too Overrated

Soy Milk & Twisted Dough Sticks
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~Chapter 12 – Normal Is Just Too Overrated~

            Everything was finally back to normal with the usual bickering, screaming, and pranking of the Tea House Dorm after the huge tantrum that Kris threw about a few weeks back when he ‘found’ his wallet on the living room table and opened it seeing nothing except for a ten dollar bill and two tokens for the campus’ arcade. The tantrum went something like this…

 

            “Hey there’s my wallet! I could have sworn I didn’t see it there a few hours ago!” Kris exclaimed as he picked it up and opened it to reveal a ten dollar bill and two campus arcade tokens. “What the fu-”

            “Kris! Where’s the remote to the TV!?” asked Tao innocently as he casually walked into the living room completely oblivious to the dark aura that Kris was beginning to emit. Kris began mumbling something “What was that? I can’t hear you,” said Tao approaching Kris wondering if there was something wrong with him.

            Suddenly Kris looked up “WHAT HAPPENED TO MY FORTY BUCKS!?!?!”

            Tao jumped in surprise at the sudden shout, “What in the world are you talking about!?!?”

            “My wallet has been missing all day! Who the heck took it and spent forty bucks out of the fifty that was in here!?” shouted Kris looking through his wallet frantically as if it would actually give him some sort of clue as to who was the one that took it.

            “Oh good grief is that why you’re shrieking your head off?” said Tao as he gave up on Kris and started looking through the cushions in attempt to find the remote.

            “YES!” replied Kris as he turned around towards the panda boy who minding his own business “WAS IT YOU!? DID YOU TAKE IT TO BUY THOSE EXPENSIVE BAGS AGAIN!?”

            “What the- NO! PLEASE, GUCCI BAGS ARE A LOT MORE THAN FIFTY BUCKS!” shouted back Tao annoyed with the accusation of his favorite brand being as ‘cheap’ as fifty dollars.

            “UGH FINE! WHO ELSE, OH MY GOSH WAS IT KAI!? I HEARD HE WANTED TO GO TO THE ARCADE EARLIER AND THERE’S TWO TOKENS IN MY WALLET!”

            “You shrieked?” asked Kai nonchalantly as he walked downstairs in to the living room after hearing his name being called.

            “YOU! YOU WENT TO THE ARCADE TODAY WITH MY MONEY DIDN’T YOU!?” Kris exclaimed as he pointed an accusing finger towards Kai.

            “The heck!? I WAS HOME THE ENTIRE DAY! WE WATCHED A MOVIE TOGETHER EARLIER WITH D.O.!!!” yelled back Kai giving Kris a look that basically said ‘Are you stupid!?’

            “Oh yeah… my bad…” replied Kris sheepishly “BUT IF THAT’S THE CASE WHERE’S MY MONEY!?”

            “Ugh what’s with the non-stop screaming?” muttered Xiumin as he unknowingly walked into the chaos.

            “Xiumin! Kris is accusing us of spending his money when he decided to be an idiot and leave it out on the living room table!” pouted Tao as he embraced his boyfriend.

            “Hey!” protested Kris at being called an idiot.

            “Really Kris? Really? Why in the world are you antagonizing my baby panda?” asked Xiumin with an annoyed look as he patted Tao’s back in a comforting way.

            “I WASN’T! I JUST WANNA KNOW WHERE THE FUDGE MY MONEY WENT!” Kris threw his hands up in frustration.

            Lay decided to walk in at this moment, “Oh Kris, I put your wallet on the living room table, you got it right? Apparently you left it at the arcade because when I went in there to help out a friend cover his shift the previous employee said that it was left here on the prize exchange counter with your student ID still in it.”

            “WHAT!? BUT I DIDN’T EVEN GO TO THE ARCADE TODAY!!!” shouted Kris.

            “Huh? What are you talking about?” asked Lay clearly confused.

            “Kris! Why do I hear nothing but your screaming for the past fifteen minutes!?!?!” yelled Suho from the top of the stairs as he came down.

            “My forty bucks are gone! And apparently my wallet was hanging out at the arcade! I didn’t even go to the arcade today!” explained Kris.

            “What are you talking about? You went there about three days ago! Are you sure you didn’t accidentally forget your wallet there three days ago and then suddenly realize it’s missing today!?” questioned Suho.

            “……………….Oh……that’s right, I did go three days ago…. But that doesn’t explain where my forty went!” cried Kris.

            “Dude! You left your wallet at an arcade what do you think happened to your forty!? You should be lucky Lay found it with ten bucks still in it!” exclaimed Kai.

            Kris was quiet as he absorbed Kai’s explanation “Ugh, fine, whatever, I’m done with this,” putting his wallet back into his back pocket.

            Tao, Xiumin and Kai rolled their eyes at Kris while Suho gave a look of exasperation “So all this noise and accusations simply because you forgot your wallet at the arcade? Kris you better apologize to them and thank Lay for finding it. Now.”

            “What!? That’s not my-”

            “If you say ‘that’s not my style’ I’ll let you sleep in the living room instead of our room,” Suho looked serious as he crossed his arms.

            Kris quickly shut his mouth but still turned around and said begrudgingly “Thank you Lay and I’m sorry Tao, Xiumin, and Kai. Happy?”

            “Very,” replied Suho as he walked back upstairs as Xiumin and Kai could only shake their heads at him while Tao stuck his tongue out at Kris before walking away, and Lay replied with “Your welcome, just be careful of losing it again,” before walking away from the now sulking Kris ‘My forty…’

            Meanwhile Luhan and Sehun were in their room laughing their butts off and high-fiving each other. “It’s a good thing that you knew Lay was going to cover his friend at the arcade today,” said Sehun.

            “Yeah, now that definitely was a satisfying revenge!” gasped Luhan as he continued laughing while clutching his new wolf plushy that Sehun won him in the arcade.

            “Yeah, couldn’t agree more,” replied Sehun with a smirk.

 

            Back to the present, everyone was sitting around the living room doing their own thing, chatting or watching the drama that was playing on the TV after they just had dinner. It was relatively peaceful before Suho remembered the school event that was coming up soon “Hey, are any of you planning on competing in the school’s bi-yearly Sweets Royale that’s coming up?”

            “What’s that?” asked Kai as Sehun also looked over curiously.

            “Oh yeah the first years aren’t familiar with this tradition,” stated Baekhyun “It’s a competition that is usually held during the third month of school and another one is held during the sixth month in the school year but participants can only choose to enter one of the competitions on their registration form so that the amount of competitors can be limited and manageable during the competition. It’s also held in the main building’s competition hall si

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter