Just Being Sweet

Soy Milk & Twisted Dough Sticks
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~Chapter 35 – Just Being Sweet~

            “Ah, spring semester is here! But when is summer going to come? Classes have been boring lately!” whined Kai as he made his way to class with the rest of the group ahead of him.

            “Summer is almost here Kai, it won’t be much longer,” reassured DO as he gave Kai’s hand a squeeze.

            Kai pouted “But that doesn’t stop class from being boring.”

            The others gave a chuckle as Chanyeol said “When is class ever not boring?”

            Kai sighed “Good point.”

            “Don’t worry things should become more fun soon,” said Luhan as he flashed a smile.

            Sehun glanced at Luhan questioningly.

            “Why do you say that?” asked Kris.

            “Because it’s spring,” answered Luhan with that same smile on his face.

            Sehun raised an eyebrow wondering why Luhan seemed to be in such an upbeat mood especially since the older was complaining about leaving the comforts of their bed this morning and Sehun had to practically drag Luhan out of bed while the older stubbornly held on to the blankets with all his strength only letting go when Sehun came over to kiss the older into a dazed state that had Luhan loosening his hold on the blankets.

            Suho let out a gasp breaking Sehun out of his thoughts “Oh that’s right it is spring that means the Treats Festival is coming up!”

            The others, minus Luhan and the first years, all had their eyes widen in realization.

            “It is time for that again,” mentioned Lay.

            “Yeah, I can’t believe we almost forgot about it,” muttered Kris.

            “Great it’ll beat staying class all day and then just going back to the dorm,” said Baekhyun.

            “Yup! The Treats Festival is coming, glad you remembered Suho!” said Luhan happily.

            “Wait, wait what’s the Treats Festival?” asked Kai confused as Sehun looked on with mild curiosity.

            “A two week festival dedicated to all types of sweet treats made by the students and the best part is we can all go there and eat as many of the desserts we want at a discount!” cheered Luhan.

            Sehun’s face showed no surprise at what he heard his boyfriend say, “Oh, is that why you’re suddenly in a good mood again?”

            Luhan grinned “Of course, desserts always make me happy.”

            Sehun smirked “Yeah, I know.”

            “So is that all there is to the Treats Festival?” asked Kai.

            “No there’s a bit more to it, actually I bet you anything that Ms.Jae is going to make the announcement in class today,” said Luhan who seemed to be already excited for the festival that was to come.

            “Oh okay, at least this should be more fun,” said Kai optimistically as the group continued to class.

 

            The class itself dragged along as the clock kept ticking down to the long awaited dismissal bell, even as the class worked on their assignments with small chatter, there were always constant peeks at the clock hoping that it had moved ever closer to the departure time.

            About thirty minutes before the bell went off Ms.Jae called out “Alright class! Settle down we have big news today and a lot of decisions to make!” as all the students began to quiet down she continued “Good, now since this is finally the spring semester we are once again having the Treats Festival in a few weeks!”

            A lot of the students began cheering and clapping as they heard the announcements while the first years, Kai and Sehun not included, looked at their teacher with confusion and question.

            “It will be a fun event for everyone and participation will be mandatory, I’ll be counting this as a grade!” said Ms.Jae “For the first years who don’t know what the Treats Festival is, it is a festival where each class and or club that plan on participating will be able to set up booths to sell and impress special guests that will be invited to come to the school, the festival will last for about two weeks or so.”

            A student in the front raised his hand as he asked “What kind of special guests will be coming?”

            “The special guests usually include very well known and significant people in the patissier world which is why I am making participation mandatory,” answered Ms.Jae “You are all in the Sugar Rush program for a reason and the Treats Festival is also a way to show off your best, this is an opportunity to show your skills.”

            “Will we be working alone?” asked another student.

            “No, you will actually be in groups of four. Running a booth alone will be too much, with four people it’ll run smoothly so choose your groups well and then decide on which dessert you’ll want to make and who will get what jobs while you’re in the booth, okay?” said Ms.Jae.

            Everyone nodded showing they understood, Ms.Jae smiled “Alright then, also one more thing we’ll be getting the best spot for our booth this year! It’ll be right in front of the entrance so we’ll be very busy and have lots of people come by our booth first! So take the rest of class time to choose your groups and make the necessary preparations to leave a good impression on the guests.”

            The students began moving around and calling out for one another at once trying to form their groups quickly. Luhan poked Sehun in the arm with his pencil, to which the younger responded by lazily gazing over to the older “Sehun we’ll be in the same group right?”

            “Yeah, I thought that was already obvious,” replied Sehun confused as to why Luhan would bother asking.

            “Okay, it’s just the last time we had partner work with the whole fruit tart project I was afraid about the crowd that-” before Luhan could even finish talking a lot of students came up towards Sehun and began crowding around him.

            “Sehun please join our group this time!” said someone in the crowd as others called out “Sehun we only need one more in our group, join us!” or “Be in our group! We’ll definitely get a lot of people to come by the booth!”

            Luhan frowned at the sight of so many people hovering around his boyfriend ‘Really? Can’t they tell that Sehun is not interested at all? Didn’t they learn their lesson last time!? And they’re only wasting their time!’ Luhan saw the slight narrowing in Sehun’s eyes and his lips pushed into a thinner line ‘Sehun is getting more and more annoyed’ Luhan knew Sehun well enough to see the differing gestures in his boyfriend and right now although many people would only see Sehun with what seems like a blank face Luhan could tell that Sehun was not in the least bit happy about the situation especially since Sehun really dislikes talking to people he doesn’t know well not to say he isn’t polite it’s just that it makes him uncomfortable and Sehun tries to avoid those things often.

            At the moment Sehun was trying to squeeze his way out of the crowd as quickly as possible in attempt to get to Luhan’s side. Pursing his lips a bit, Luhan saw Chen innocently walking by and without a word Luhan reached his arm out and grabbed the back of his uniform shirt earning a yelp from the other. ‘We’re going to need a group of four soooo….’

            “Chen! You’re going to have to be in our-” Luhan was cut off when he felt his other hand being held in a tight grasp, turning around he saw that it was Sehun who managed to move out from the crowd. The younger still looked slightly annoyed but there seemed to be a bit of relief behind his eyes as he held on to Luhan’s hand.

            Sehun turned towards the crowd with a colder expression and held up their joined hands “I’m still Luhan’s partner, that’s not going to change.”

            “But that means you still need two more people, so just go with our group!” called out one of their classmates.

            Knowing that a majority of the classmates in the crowd wanted Sehun to join their group only because of his status as the son of the top patissiers, Luhan quickly looked around as he spotted Lay coming towards the trio “We already have four,” Luhan let go of his hold on Chen and grabbed on to Lay “See, Chen and Lay are also with us.”

            Chen and Lay both exchanged confused glances as they processed what Luhan had said and catching on to the situation Chen quickly said “Yeah! We’re a team!” at the same time that Lay nodded in agreement.

            A lot of people began protesting in complaint but Sehun simply said “I’m not leaving this group so don’t waste either of our time and just form your own.”

            As soon as the four saw that the crowd had dispersed, they all let out a sigh while sinking down in a seat. “I guess we’re all partners for the Treats Festival then,” said Chen grinning.

            “Yeah, it should be fun,” smiled Lay.

            “Yeah, sorry for dragging you both in so suddenly,” said Luhan sheepishly.

            “Hm? Oh, it’s fine we work well together anyways,” reassured Chen.

            “Yeah, I was just walking over here to ask if I could be in your group,” said Lay happily.

            Luhan smiled grateful for his friends.

            “Now that we have our group what should we make for our turn in the booth?” asked Sehun.

            “Hmm, I don’t know, what do you want to make?” asked Chen.

            “I don’t care,” answered Sehun indifferently.

            Luhan gave a scoff “Of course, you don’t,” to which Sehun only replied with a light smile.

            “Why don’t we do something that all of us are equally good at?” suggested Lay.

            “That’s not a bad idea,” said Luhan as he thought over the possibilities.

            “Yeah, but that means it has to involve something with pudding and chocolate since we both know you two are practically good at making anything,” said Chen gesturing to Luhan and Sehun.

            “Right,” nodded Luhan as he brainstormed with the group.

            “What about crepes?” said Sehun “Luhan and I can make the batter and cook the actual crepe while Chen and Lay work on the filling, it can be some kind of pudding drizzled with chocolate.”

            The group stared at Sehun as his idea began processing in their heads, Luhan was the first to react as he threw his arms around Sehun “That’s a great idea! Let’s do that!”

            Sehun visibly pinkened a bit at the sudden hug as Chen cooed at the sight “Aww how cute you two, crepes it is then.”

            “Crepes are a good idea and it works with our strong points,” said Lay smiling at the couple.

            Luhan realizing what he did sat back down with slight embarrassment “Shut up Chen.”

            “No way it’s too funny,” chuckled Chen.

            Luhan stuck out his tongue childishly “You’re just jealous, I bet you’re eager to be all cuddly with La-”

            Before Luhan could finish his teasing Chen covered his mouth as he blushed “Don’t even go there.”

            Luhan swatted Chen’s hands away as he laughed.

            “So what are-” Sehun was cut off from his sentence as the classroom door suddenly slammed open.

            The class was immediately silent as they saw Mr.Hyun enter the room with an irritated expression and loud stomps heading straight towards Ms.Jae’s desk where she was seated. Mr.Hyun stood directly in front of Ms.Jae’s desk, the class could practically feel the tension rolling off of Mr.Hyun.

            Ms.Jae looked up with a disinterested expression as she said in a bored tone “What?”

            This seemed to set Mr.Hyun off “What do you mean what!? You know why I’m here!”

            Ms.Jae raised an eyebrow “No I don’t.”

            Mr.Hyun scoffed “Really? Shall I refresh your memory?”

            “Might as well,” replied Ms.Jae in a bored manner.

            Mr.Hyun held up what looked like a map of the area of the Treats Festival “Why is it that your booth is in the best location!? I had already placed a hold on that spot, it should belong to my class!”

            “What!? I had directly asked for permission to get this location! It belongs to my class!” exclaim

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter