Orientation and a Campus Tour

Soy Milk & Twisted Dough Sticks
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~Chapter 5 – Orientation and a Campus Tour~

            The next morning Sehun was awoken by something that sounded like a… high pitched horn!? ‘Ugh so early’ the clock beside his bed read 8:39am. Sehun flopped over onto his stomach and placed his pillow over his head hoping to drown out the annoying noises ‘I’m not a morning person.’

            But just when Sehun thought he was going to be able to fall back asleep despite the unknown sound disturbance someone slammed the bedroom door open and the high pitched horn noise went off even louder than before. “WAKE UP!” said a deep voice which only received a growl and a muffled grumble from the two occupants in the room. “I’M SERIOUS. UP. NOW.” said the deep voice again; Sehun proceeded to lift the pillow from his head and sat up on his bed with a half asleep and irritated look on his face. Seeing that it was just Kris with an air horn in his hand, Sehun who was even more annoyed due to the uncalled for wake up alarm, glared at his rather tall dorm occupant for interrupting his sleep.

            Before any explanation could be extracted from Kris a pillow was suddenly thrown from down the hall smacking Kris right square on the side of his face. “Nice shot,” Sehun heard Luhan commenting drowsily. “Kris, it’s like 9am in the morning what in the world are you blowing that air horn for!? It’s not even a school day which I remind you doesn’t start for at least two more days! This is still my summer dang it!” questioned a clearly irritated Baekhyun who was now standing beside Kris in Luhan’s and Sehun’s room doorway with another pillow in his hand ready to whack Kris with it if the taller didn’t spit out a reasonable answer.

            “It’s not like I wanted to do this! I’d rather be sleeping too! But Suho, being the only one who bothered to remember, said we still have orientation to go to that’s today at 11am if we want to pick up our schedules on time and avoid the annoying crowd on the first day of school for the people that were too lazy to pick it up today!” replied Kris scowling at the shorter.

            “Ugggghhhh,” groaned Baekhyun in response as he chucked his second pillow at Kris’ face anyways despite having a good excuse for blaring the sound pollution device so early in the morning.

            “Hey!” complained Kris as he raised his air horn in Baekhyun’s face and pushed the button making the horn screech once more right in Baekhyun’s now wide awake and startled face.

            “You did not just do that,” said Baekhyun darkly.

            “Kris, you better run,” warned Luhan knowing that Baekhyun was about to exact his revenge somehow.

            “What’s Baekhyun going to-” Kris didn’t finish his statement as Baekhyun suddenly grabbed the air horn right out of Kris’ grasp and pushed the red button at the top so all Kris got was a blast of the horn’s obnoxious honk straight in his scrunched up face. This lasted for about five minutes before the air horn finally died, Baekhyun, now satisfied with his retaliation at Kris, threw the worthless thing down the staircase and walked back to his room shutting the door.

            Kris threw his hands up in frustration “That’s it, I’m done with all of you! Wake yourselves up!” and headed down the stairs.

            “Wait! Kris! Be careful of-” Luhan tried to warn Kris, knowing how clumsy the taller could be sometimes, of the air horn that was thrown down the staircase but was too late as he heard Kris yell out “ACK! WHOA!” and then a loud CRASH! then Suho yelling “KRIS!!!”

            Luhan winced at the rising noise level ‘There is never a peaceful morning in this dorm,’ sighing Luhan got out of bed “We might as well get up too then, besides I doubt we’ll be able to sleep anymore with everyone else running wild.”

            “Please tell me this isn’t a regular thing,” grumbled Sehun clearly still half asleep, getting off his bed too.

            “What? Kris? Or the air horn he was blasting?” asked a confused Luhan looking over at the maknae. Sehun only grunted in response making Luhan think that Sehun probably meant both, “Well it’s actually Suho that wakes us up most times unless he’s busy then it becomes Kris’s job since they share a room and when it’s Kris waking us up he usually does it with the air horn but I guess he’s gonna have to go buy a new one now that Baekhyun basically killed his old one.”

            “Good,” replied Sehun glad to hear that the annoying air horn wouldn’t be around to interrupt his sleep for awhile.

            Luhan chuckled, “Not a morning person?”

            Sehun made a “Hnn” noise as agreement.

            “I thought so; anyways let’s get ready then, the faster we go the faster we can leave. Orientation is never fun,” replied Luhan as the two hurriedly got ready for the day.

            When the two of them were done, they walked downstairs together and saw everyone was gathered and also ready to go. “Alright, let’s get some breakfast and our schedules,” stated Suho opening the door for everyone as they all filed out grumbling about waking up so early for this.

            The orientation itself after breakfast was fairly easy as all twelve boys quickly checked in at the front desk of the school’s office and picked up their schedules on time.

            “What’s your schedule look like Sehun?” asked Luhan as he tried to peer over the younger’s shoulder. As an answer Sehun just handed the paper over to Luhan for him to inspect as he pleases. Luhan took the paper and skimmed over it “Oh, isn’t this awesome Sehun!? We have the same homeroom since you’re also part of the Sugar Rush program! That means you’re in all the same main requirement classes as the rest of us!” cheered Luhan as he read down Sehun’s schedule. “The only exception is your elective though, awww you chose cake design that means you have that class with Baekhyun, Suho, Kris, and DO instead.”

            “Oh, okay” replied Sehun taking his schedule back from Luhan, feeling a bit content knowing that he would have someone he’d recognize in his classes.

            “Hey aren’t the first years supposed to be taken on the campus tour thing they have every year during orientation,” spoke up Xiumin as he pointed over to a group of new kids lined up in front of a person holding a flag that read ‘First Years’ Campus Tour! The Best Experience Ever!’

            Kai and Sehun both made a face at the overly fake and preppy leader of the group who looked as if she would much rather be doing something else and crowd of obviously new kids who had no idea what was going on at the moment.

            “No way in heck, am I going to that,” said Kai bluntly as Sehun nodded in agreement.

            “I don’t blame you, they should fix that sign to ‘The WORST Experience ever!’ it was so annoying, we could give you a better tour than they ever could,” said Chen.

            “Oh! That’s a great idea; please give us the tour instead! I don’t want to be dragged along on that mess,” begged Kai as he pointed to the growing line of first years preparing for their tour.

            “No way, I’ve seen enough of this school to satisfy my years here besides I got games to play and scores to crush,” replied Chen beginning to walk back to the dorm as he waved back to the other eleven boys.

            Kai could only watch as Chen walked out of sight and then turned around to face the others “What about-”

            “Nope, too lazy,” replied Kris, Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Xiumin, and Tao walking away before Kai could say anything else.

            “I have stuff to do today otherwise I would, sorry” said Lay and Suho looking apologetic.

            Kai sighed as he watched the others walk away leaving only DO, Luhan, and Sehun “Fine, I guess it’s just us, whatever it’s better this way anyways. Come on DO, Luhan and Sehun let’s explore the school together!”

            “Okay, I don’t mind

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter