06

One More Day

*GUYS I'M BACK GAHHHH. I'm sorry for the late update. I don't have internet for a couple of days and I swear I wanted to update. I hope this chapter makes up for the lost days. Enjoy!*


The sun had been long up when her alarm rang. She rolled over her bed, trying to block the noise but resorting to just grabbing her cellphone and shutting it off before going back to sleep. Just a few seconds went by when her phone began ringing again. Groggily, she got her phone and answered it, pressing it to her ears with her eyes still closed.

"Hello?"

"And why are you still sleeping, my princess?" She perked up at the voice and sat up.

"Joonmyeon oppa."

"Yes. Good morning, and happy birthday lil sis." This made her smile, totally making her morning.

"Good morning, and thank you oppa. You already greeted me last night, you know," she said as she swung her feet off of her bed, walking to her window to draw the curtains to the side. Once she did, she saw the sheets of white snow all over the place. One thing to love on her birthday.

"I know but I still want to. By the way, any plans for today?" Her brother said.

She thought for a while before shrugging. "I don't know. Well, I had to rush to the university to pass some requirements and I guess I'm free right after. Why?" She asked as she plopped down her bed.

"Aren't you going out with your friends or something? I don't want you to just stay home on your very special day. How about dinner tonight? Yes? You can invite Jae and Minzy along," he said before she heard his secretary's voice at the background telling him that the client has just come. "Uhm..."

"Yes, I know oppa. You go back to your work now. I'll be alright and okay, let's have dinner. Text me when you're off okay?" She said with a small smile and Joonmyeon felt sorry because any of them couldn't even be with her the whole day.

"I’m sorry, Joohyeon. I’ll make it up for you, okay? I'll go now. Take care of yourself. I'll see you later," he said and she nodded. "Neh, oppa. See you." They ended the call right after. A smile was stuck to her face as she stood up and stretched. She never really complained to her brother about time because she understood well how busy he is and her brother would always make it up for her whenever he is free and that is what’s important.

Her phone started ringing again and she sighed. Looks like her phone would be restless that day. "Hello?" She answered without looking who the caller was. 

"Hey." With just that, she knew who it was and she softly laughed, mimicking him. 

"Hey." She replied, trying to put her voice to a lower key.

"Stop it." Jae grumbled and she laughed. "Whatever. Are you already up?"

"Nope. That's why I'm on the phone talking to you right now." She smirked and she pictured Jae as he rolled his eyes on her. It was quiet on the other line which was odd so she thought she went over the borderline. "Hey, I was just joking---"

"You're going to the university today, right?" He asked and slowly she nodded. She was starting to be bewildered by Jae’s actions that morning but then, he had been acting quite out of character for the past for days.

"Yeah. Why?" She asked, walking over to her closet to get her towel.

"Okay. I'll be over in twenty minutes. Bye." Before she could even say a word, the line already went off and she stared weirdly at her phone.

"Gosh. What's he up to now?" She sighed before walking in her bathroom and getting ready for the day.

 

 

"Miss, Sir Jae is already outside." Their maid said as she combed her hair. She looked at her clock and saw that it was still not twenty minutes from when he called but just shrugged it off. 

"Let him in. I'll be there in a sec," she said as she put her comb down, fixed her skirt she was wearing that was rarely touched in her closet before grabbing her satchel bag. She walked out her room and locked it, before walking down. 

For some reason, she was nervous. She didn't know why but the point that she was wearing a skirt that morning which she rarely does and Jae seeing it seemed to be a plausible reason. 

When she reached the living room, she saw Jae sitting on the couch, his back to her. Once she was just a step away, she called him and he immediately stood up, turning back and both of them was too stunned to say anything.

Jae felt a thousand butterflies fluttering inside his stomach almost instantly. His breath was caught in his throat as he took in the sight of Joohyeon in her baby blue skater skirt and white button up shirt with small polka dots prints tucked in her skirt. She also wore her favorite peach striped cardigan to keep her warm. Her hair was let down in its usual waves and curls but today it looks extra nice. Maybe because today she bothered to comb it and fix it, but the end point is that she looked gorgeous, Jae wasn't able to take his eyes off of her.

Joohyeon was feeling the same. She was shocked when she noticed that Jae's hair was shorter than before and his fringe was up, just like the way she wanted. He was also wearing the blue sweater he gave him last Christmas and if she was correct, he was also wearing the blue button up shirt under it, the one with small dots. It was just then that she remembered that the one she and Jae are wearing were the gifts Joonmyeon bought for them before they started off university. That's why it somehow matched. He was wearing brown skinny jeans and converse that totally made him look like a handsome university student. She can't get over the fact the Jae looked so good looking as if he couldn't get any more handsome from how he usually looked (yes she was going to admit that) but actually he did. Thinking back to their younger days, Jae looked slimmer now and it fit him perfectly.

The silence stretched on for a minute as they just stared at each other until she suddenly felt conscious and looked down to her feet. It broke Jae's stare as he coughed awkwardly.

“Morning." He greeted, not knowing what to say.

"Good morning." She greeted back. It was weird how awkward they were at each other, as if it was their first time meeting. It was far more weirder than their first meeting actually. A few seconds of silence passed before Jae started walking towards her and she did the same, making them meet halfway.

“You’re…wearing something new.” Jae commented and she felt her cheeks turning a darker shade of red.

“Uhm… Yeah. It looks ugly, isn’t it?” She said awkwardly, and Jae fought hard not to say a snarky comment because that was him naturally, even if all he wanted to say was, “No, you look gorgeous,” but he won’t say that.

"Let's go?" Jae said, trying hard to act how normally he would around her.

"Huh? Ah... Yeah. Let's go."

She herself doesn't know why she was feeling that way, nervous and uncomfortable. Usually, she would have been joking around with him or talking about just anything but that morning of her birthday, it felt different. Was it because she was already considered an adult in her mother land? Or maybe because of how she dressed that day, something that was out of her usual? And she wouldn’t miss how Jae purposely ignored her question. Or was it because Jae was slowly looking different in her eyes…again?

Once they had both settled inside the car, with Jae opening the door for her, they already drove off. It was so quiet it felt weird for both of them but they were too nervous to say a thing. In the end, Joohyeon reached for the stereo and played it to their favorite playlist. Suddenly, the memory of how that playlist was made came to her mind and she slowly smiled.

"Remember..." They both said and stopped, chuckling.

"Yeah." Jae nodded as he focused on the road.

"It helped us to get close. I won't forget it," Joohyeon said looking out the window.

“Uhuh. Really?” Jae said quickly glancing at her and Joohyeon rolled her eyes on him.

“Whatever Jae,” Joohyeon said and Jae smirked. When one of their favorite songs came on, as if on cue, they both started singing the chorus and time went by like that.

"Let's go get Starbucks before going to uni," Jae said as he spotted the cafe at the distance before he wheeled the car to the side to enter the car park. Joohyeon nodded, delighted. "Are you going to come or will I just be the one buying?" Jae asked as he parked.

"I'll come," she said removing her seatbelt. Once Jae had turned the engines off, he got off the car saying, "Wait up," and before she could open the door, Jae had already run off to her side and opened it for her. She kinda got used to it already after more than a week of Jae doing it. She thanked him once she was out like always.

Jae opened the door to the cafe and they both went in. They lined up looking up at the menu even though both knew what to buy. Once it was their turn to order, Jae had already said his order and was about to say her usual strawberry and creme frappe when suddenly, she said, "I'll get coffe mocha frappe." Jae shot her a look. "Hey, you know you can't drink drinks with too much caffeine." Joohyeon gave him a look.

"Easy Jae. Just for today," Joohyeon smiled mischievously and Jae tried not to give in but he sighed and looked at the pastries. "But you can't drink without having something else. What do you like?" He asked looking up at her and Joohyeon can't help but smile. “And don’t give me that look, brat. I just don’t want to be blamed later on.” He muttered, looking at the pastries and Joohyeon just ignored him and went over. After they've ordered, they went to take a seat while waiting for their names to be called. When they heard their names being called, Jae got up to get it and they were good to go.

Inside the car, they placed their coffees on the drink holder while Joohyeon held her blueberry cheesecake in its container. Since Jae was driving he couldn't really eat what he bought just yet. Joohyeon felt bad so she also didn't eat hers yet, and Jae noticed it.

"Hey. You didn't eat breakfast right? You need to eat that before drinking," he said and Joohyeon looked out the window.

"It's okay. I'll eat before I head to my class," she said and Jae glanced at her and sighed.

"If you are thinking about me, I'm okay. Go eat yours," Jae said and Joohyeon looked at him with a playful smirk.

"Who told you it's because of you, huh?" She said and Jae felt his face turn warm. 

"It was obvious. I know you." He retorted and she shrugged.

"We're near anyway. Let's stay here first and eat before heading out," she said and Jae sighed knowing he couldn't force her. Anyway, she was right, they were already near their university. By the time he had forced her, they would be already at their uni's parking lot because that’s how Joohyeon’s stubborn.

When they pulled up in the parking lot of their uni, they began to eat their cakes talking about random stuffs before Joohyeon's phone rang to messages from her classmates asking if she was already in class. She immediately finished her cake before Jae sent her to her room. When her friends saw him again, one said, "Are you already going out?" It made both of them turn pink before Joohyeon laughed it off and said, "No. What are you saying?"

Jae just agreed to her but her friends just shrugged at them before they separated after a short good bye. Jae felt his heart right after he had walked off, and blew a raspberry.

 

 

When they met up again two in the afternoon in front of her building, they walked off to the parking lot, Jae taking her things even if she insisted that it was okay. "I'll take it. Thank me later." Jae smirked and she snickered but let him anyway.

Her phone rang a little later and she answered. "Hey!" She lively greeted.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEST!" Minzy shouted over the phone and she smiled. "Thanks. By the way, are you free tonight?" She asked while Jae just quietly walked beside her, somehow knowing what the conversation was about.

"Of course! Are we going somewhere tonight, birthday girl?" She asked and she nodded.

"Yup. My brother arranged a dinner and he told me to bring you along," she said smiling.

"Me only? How about Jae?" She asked and Joohyeon promptly looked at him. "Yeah if he remembers it's my birthday." She whispered and Minzy laughed. "Of course he knows! Why, he hasn't greeted?" She asked and Joohyeon snorted.

"Yeah, apparently. But it's okay. Whatever. So see you later, okay?" Joohyeon said ignoring that feeling of disappointment inside her whenever she thought of it and Minzy chuckled before saying, "Okay, see you. I'm excited!" She beamed and Joohyeon nodded. "Yeah, me too." She smiled.

"I need to go. See you later, best!" She said and they ended the call.

Once they were both inside the car, Jae reminded her of her seatbelt after wearing his. "I know." She mumbled and Jae glanced at her, smirking kind of knowing what she was pissed about. "Are you heading home straight after?" He asked and she considered it for a moment.

"I guess. There's nothing to do anyway." She said quietly and Jae just nodded before pulling out of the car park with a sly smile. It was quiet besides the stereo that was playing. She just looked out the window until she had drifted off to sleep. Jae found it a great opportunity to do his plans as he turned to another way.

It took them a little over an hour to reach the place. Jae parked the car before waking her up. "Brat, wake up." He tapped her a little on the arm and she mumbled in her sleep. He sighed. "Joohyeon, we're here." He tried nudging her but when she didn't wake up, he got his phone out and played a very loud alarm near her ear that woke her up. "Good, you’re awake," he said turning the alarm off.

Joohyeon was a little in daze as she adjusted to the light. She looked out the window and squint. "We aren't home." She yawned and Jae smirked. "Yeah. We're in Lego Land so get your up. We can't waste time."

The time was used up strolling around, taking pictures, and riding whatever they could ride on but even so, it was a fun time. Jae knew she would enjoy it because when they were still a little younger, Joohyeon had told him how she likes playing with lego although it was really for boys. She said she loves building stuffs with it. Even though Jae seemed as if he didn't care when she said that back then, it was something that stuck to him that's why he thought of bringing her there.

There were times that Jae almost had a heart attack when Joohyeon was about to hit the gutter when they tried the lego cars and he sat at the passenger's trying to guide her but boy was she a bad driver. When the drive was over, Jae was able to breathe normally saying, "I'm never going to let you drive," and Joohyeon just laughed.

It was already nearing dark when they decided to take a rest, sitting inside the lounge area of the lego hotel. She took that time to check her phone and saw a couple of text messages. She checked it, mostly were birthday greetings and replied to them. When she finally stumbled upon her brother's message her eyes darted to the time and she immediately stood up, shocking Jae.

"We need to go!" She said.

"What? We just got here!" Jae whined, feeling so tired.

"C'mon. Oppa just messaged me to meet him around seven and it's almost six!" She said and Jae groaned before standing up. "Sorry but just today, uhm?" She smiled apologetically and Jae sighed. 

"Whatever. Not like I can say no, right? Let's go," he said.

In a few minutes, they were already on the road to meet Joonmyeon and Minzy.

 

 

They reached the restaurant a little past seven and Joonmyeon was already there, as well as Minzy. She hugged and kissed Joonmyeon on the cheeks while she hugged Minzy when they came. Jae gave a small bow with a smile to Joonmyeon who returned a nod and smile.

"Sorry we're late," Joohyeon said and Minzy chuckled.

"Nah. It's okay. We just came a little earlier," Minzy said smiling.

"Ja, let's order," Joonmyeon said and Joohyeon nodded, smiling. 

It was the Korean-Chinese restaurant that Joohyeon likes to go frequently and could be considered as her favorite restaurant. They ordered famous delicacies without forgetting the seaweed soup for the birthday girl. They got a total of five food ordered which was more than enough. 

"So where did you two came from?" Joonmyeon asked clasping his hands on the table.

"We came to Lego Land." Joohyeon grinned.

"You did?" Minzy said shocked. "Two twenty years old young adults in a paradise for children? Are you joking?" Minzy said laughing and Jae glared at her while Joohyeon bit the insides of her cheeks.

"What's wrong with that? Feeling young at the age of twenty is fun, you know?" Joohyeon said and Minzy just smirked.

"Okay. What matters anyway is you’re with someone---Ow." Minzy winced as Jae kicked her under the table and Jae faked a smile.

"Sorry." He innocently smiled and Minzy snickered at him.

Joonmyeon quietly listened to them, somehow thinking back to the days he was as young as them, full of energy to do so many things. He was wishing that Joohyeon would feel as happy for the rest of her life as an adult because he was afraid that there would come a time where she would be asking all about her past and it would bring her pain.

"Let me remind you young adults, though having fun once in a while is good, you should not forget about your priorities and responsibilities, okay?" Joonmyeon said and the three nodded, inwardly groaning because they knew Joonmyeon well and his lectures about growing up and the responsibilities and the likes. 

"We got it, oppa. Can we not talk about that right now?"Joohyeon said and Joonmyeon smirked.

"Okay, since it's your birthday," he said and Joohyeon sighed in relief.

The food came after that and they began eating. While eating, they talked about their daily lives to catch up since they usually did it before, when Joonmyeon was still a student like them and would often hang-out with them at their free time. When they were almost over their dinner, Jae excused himself and when he came back, he was already holding a red chocolate velvet cake, her favorite. The three of them sang her a happy birthday. 

"Make a wish," Joonmyeon said and Joohyeon closed her eyes wishing before blowing out the candles. Joohyeon did the honors of cutting the cake before they all got a slice. 

It was already past nine when they were done and left the restaurant with good moods. When they were at the parking lot, they all stopped by their cars.

“Had fun, little sis?” Joonmyeon asked with a small smile and she nodded.

She hugged Joonmyeon saying, "Thank you oppa. Even if omma and appa can't be here with us right now, I'm happy because you never left my side. I love you." Joonmyeon smiled, hugging her back tightly. "You know I'd do anything for you, princess. Now, don't cry. You look too pretty tonight," Joonmyeon said kissing the top of her head. Joohyeon moved away, smiling. 

She faced Minzy and Minzy grinned at her. "Ahhhh! You're already old!" She said and Joohyeon playfully slap her on the arm and she just laughed. "Oh c'mon here." Minzy hugged her and she hugged her back.

"Thank you Min. I don't know what I'll do without you and Jae. Thank you," she said and Minzy smiled, hugging her tightly. "It's nothing. I'm lucky I met you. I thought I'm the only Asian girl in our school it scared me," she said, chuckling. They moved away and Joohyeon smiled. "Let's get over the drama, okay? The night is still not done," Minzy said and Joohyeon took a deep breath and nodded. 

Jae stood there watching them but inside, he was so nervous because he knew that the time he had been preparing for is already near. Joonmyeon looked at him and gave him an assuring smile. "Keep it cool, Jae. I'm sure it’s gonna be okay," he said and Jae smiled back, nodding.

"Ja, before anything else, I have to go. Looks like the night still isn't done for you," Joonmyeon said, smiling at Joohyeon and she already felt weird about how even Minzy said that. 

"W-Wait. Aren't you going home? Can't I already come home with you?" She asked and Joonmyeon jut his lower lip out. "Well, you could've but like I said, there's still more before this night is over," Joonmyeon said ruffling her hair. "Should I go send you off, Minzy?" Minzy nodded, smiling. "I'll go see you at home. Jae, bring her home not too late," he said and Jae nodded, a nervous smile on his lips.

Joohyeon was a little bit confused when Minzy said bye and left with her brother in his car and she was left with Jae at the parking area in front of the restaurant. "Do you know what's going on?" She asked turning to look at Jae who just faintly smiled at her.

"Well, so you would know," Jae said, opening the door to the passenger's seat. Joohyeon looked at him and Jae sighed, putting an arm around her shoulders, walking her to the door. "C'mon. Don't be too difficult," Jae said and Joohyeon raised an eyebrow at him. "I'll tell you later," he said, knowing Joohyeon wouldn't budge and when she finally sighed and went in the car, he was able to let out a breath. He closed the door and went over to his side of the car. When he was already inside, he started the engine and pulled out to the road.

"Can you tell me where we are going?" She asked curiously. 

"You'll know later. Don't be too curious," he said as he tried focusing on the road although his heart was racing. 

"You know what, you're weird," she said, looking out, putting her arms over her chest. Jae groaned, knowing that Joohyeon was probably almost pissed.

"C'mon Joohyeon. I'm trying to drive us safely so don't act like that now, okay?" He said and Joohyeon sighed, looking out the window, not saying anything. Jae sighed, just trying to shrug it off because there is something he still has to ready: himself.

The road was starting to get really really familiar as time went by and she looked over at Jae and said, "Aren't we just heading home?"

Jae nodded, quickly glancing at her. "But not at your house. Mine," He said and Joohyeon's eyebrows narrowed on him and Jae would’ve face palmed himself if he wasn't just on the wheel. "Not like that, okay?" He said and Joohyeon sighed. 

For some reason, she was feeling nervous. Her palms were going cold and her stomach was doing flips. Once Jae had parked his car, they just sat there, Jae trying to gain his courage. Joohyeon looked at him and he smiled. "Wait here 'til I call you, got it?" He said and was about to exit the car when Joohyeon held his hand. His heart jumped in surprise as he looked back.

"Are you seriously leaving me here?" Joohyeon said. He felt her cold hands and Jae sighed. "Alright. Come with me," he said, knowing he couldn't really force her to wait there because she was a scaredycat. When they already both got down, Jae stopped her when they were already in front of his room.

"Stay here 'til I come back. Don't peek... No wait." He got his handkerchief in his pockets and Joohyeon just allowed him, but without complaining. "What are you really upto?" She asked as her eyes were already covered. Jae opened the door to his room and led her in. "Yah, Jae, what---"

"Don't think dirty, Kim Joohyeon. I'm not going to do anything to you," Jae said and she jutted her lower lip out. "Trust me." Jae said in such a soft reassuring voice and she just sighed.

“I’m not thinking dirty.” She huffed. Of course she believed him. She knew even before he led her inside the room that Jae wouldn't do anything to her. She was just nervous for some other reason. Jae quickly run to the backyard through the kitchen door and found Minzy there.

Oh yes, the number one fan is there to help.

"You turn it on the count of three, got it?" He said and Minzy rolled her eyes with a smirk. "Yes, I know. You know what, I've never seen you this nervous in all the years I've known you." She teased and Jae sighed. "It's no time for that. And I know, you don't need to tell me that. I need to go back to her already," he said and Minzy gave him thumbs up before he walked back in. 

He put a hand on her arm when he came back and Joohyeon looked at either side of her, not really seeing anything. "Jae?" She said. 

"C'mon," he said, leading her to the balcony of his room. He had thought of it thoroughly. Joohyeon had always told him how his balcony had a great view and how great it would be if the garden would be decorated. She would really go over often if that happens. That’s what gave him the idea of what to do. He was just hoping that Joohyeon would like it.

When they reached the balcony, Joohyeon immediately felt the cold air and she shivered a little, hugging her body. She heard scuffling as Jae got his sweater off and put it over her.

"Hey, aren't you---"

"We're in our house. You don't need to worry about it," he said and she just kept quiet, nodding. "Can't I remove it yet?" She asked, looking around although she can't see anything. Jae gave Minzy the signal and pulled the handkerchief away and just in time, the lights went on and Joohyeon can't believe the beauty in front of her.

The garden of Jae's house was decorated with colorful lights, hung on its branches and leaves. Little snow was scattered on the ground. It was obvious that it was asked to be cleaned beforehand. Some of the bushes were made into shapes before it was illuminated with different colors. She was in awe since she already loved Jae's family's garden before, especially in the view of Jae's balcony since it directly overlooks the garden.

"How's it?" Jae asked nervously, his hands behind his back, holding the bouquet of roses. He had worked hard for it overnight he barely had enough sleep especially when he was too nervous thinking of that night.

"It's beautiful Jae," she said smiling as she turned to him. "Thank you. I didn't know you prepared something like this." She hugged him and he turned rigid on his place before he slowly embraced her with one hand since the other was holding the flowers.

When they both moved away, Jae took the chance to give the flowers. "Happy Birthday Joohyeon," he said, showing the bouquet of roses and Joohyeon was shocked. She took it and smiled at him. "Thanks Jae. I really thought you forgot about my birthday."

"How could I forget the birthday of the most annoying..." She was about to stick her tongue out on him when he continued, "...but special girl in my life?" Her heart jumped at this while Jae felt himself shaking in nervousness. It turned awkward for a few seconds before Jae took a breath and let it out.

"I've thought about this over and over and embarrassingly practiced what to say but I already don't care about that." He confessed, feeling his cheek turn warm. Joohyeon could feel her heart beating hard in her chest, having a hint of what was to come and having an inward debate whether to stop him or not but she knew Jae and she knew that Jae once decided wouldn't let anything to stop him. A part of her wanted to hear whatever he wants to say too so she kept quiet and listened with a fast beating heart. 

"I remember the time when I called you Hyeon and your head suddenly ached and after that, I told myself that I’ll just call you brat forever. So yeah, Brat…” Jae said grinning and Joohyeon smirked. “I know I've not been a great friend from the start. I kept on annoying you, teasing you, acting cold to you and I also don't know why I am doing those things. I just know that I like the feeling of being able to make you pout because you look cute and being around you every time you need someone even if the reason why you are upset is me. I remember the first time you had an attack in front of me. I was so scared I didn't know what to do. When I knew about your sickness, I had that want of always being there if ever that happens again or whenever you just need someone. I wanted to be the one to protect you.

"I'm sorry if I've been selfish at times but maybe it was just the childish side of me acting. I'm scared that once you are out of my sight, something might happen and I'm not there. I don't like that to happen. You had many boys lined up before and I won't blame them because if I just knew better then, I might be one of them. But I didn't. Instead, I stood at the side, glaring at each one of them and I was happy they got it and moved away. Gosh, what am I saying..." His hands were already sweating. Joohyeon looked down on her feet. Knowing about that for the first time, she couldn’t help but blush.

"There were times I acted cold to you, especially that one time in valentines and a boy came up to you and gave you flowers and chocolate and you accepted it. I was so mad the only thing I thought of was ignoring you the whole day. Sorry about that. I know I have a weird way of showing how I care for you or how I feel for you but I'm sure you know, right?" He said and Joohyeon smiled, nodding, just fully understanding it then. He took another breath biting his lower lip.

“This is it.” He thought looking down on his feet before looking up at her.

"I like you Joohyeon. I don't know exactly when except for that time in your first snow here when you fainted while we were at the park. That time I told myself that I didn't want to lose you that no matter what, I would never leave you. And maybe they are right. When you're liking a person for more than three months you already love them." He wet his lips and looked her directly in the eyes. "Joohyeon, this might be surprising for you and this is not a joke but… I love you. I've thought over it so many times and I guess from all that thinking I've done for how long, I'm sure of that. I love you Joohyeon, and nothing could change that." He took a deep breath and continued with a nervous heart, "Will you be my girlfriend? I’m not asking for your answer now. I’m willing to wait." He felt relief all over him as he was finally able to let it all out after years of keeping it in.

The silence that covered them felt neverending as Joohyeon looked down on her feet, not really knowing what to say. She wasn't expecting that, not on her birthday. That's when she realized why Jae had been doing what he was doing for the past week. She appreciated all of that, especially the garden lights because she knew that Jae sure did put a lot of time and hard work on it. She bit her lower lip and took a large intake of breath before opening .

"Jae... I appreciate all of your efforts. Really. I'm also sorry if there were times that I misinterpreted your actions. I hope you understand as well..." Jae could already feel his heart breaking but he told himself that if he was going to go a step forward he should be prepared of what was to come.

"It's okay. You don't have to give your answer now...unless you are sure of what to say, I'll accept it," Jae said, tears stinging his eyes but he held it in. He didn't want to break down there in front of the girl he loves. Joohyeon bit her lower lip, feeling bad that she couldn't answer him straight out. They stayed there in silence before Joohyeon's phone vibrated and she checked it, to see that it was already twelve in the evening. 

"I'll send you home," Jae said, smiling up at her and she smiled a small smile back at him. They left the balcony, the room then the house.

When they were already at Joohyeon's doorstep, they both stopped and Joohyeon looked back at him.

"Give me time and I'll tell you. I'm really sorry Jae but thank you for everything. I appreciate it and I would not forget it." She hesitated before she hugged Jae for a few seconds. Jae smiled softly patting her back.

"It's okay. I'll wait no matter how long. I've taken the risk and I'm taking it all the way since I'm already here. Just remember that I'll always be here for you, and even if things might get more awkward, I hope nothing changes," he said as they moved away. He rubbed the back of his neck and she chuckled.

"Same." She smiled.

"We better get going. It's already late. I'll see you later, I guess?" He said and she nodded, smiling.

"Okay. I'll see you. Good night, Jae," she said and Jae nodded, smiling.

"Good night Joohyeon." Once Joohyeon was in, he stayed there for a few more minutes, waiting for Joohyeon's lights in her room go on and when it did, he turned around and walked back home.


A/N:

Ohoho! Long chapter for all of you. :))

I'm sorry if it's so long. I had to fit it here so that in the next chapter I can already move forward and BTS can appear again.

Please bear with me ><

I'll update as soon as I can since I'm really excited for the next part. Kekeke. Anyone can guess? :) I was about to update last Saturday night but then our internet suddenly had problems and I don't have access for a couple of days. I'm really sorry!

BUT! Because of that I'll do a double update! Yehet! I hope you'll wait for it. I actually typed it already a couple of days back and just waiting for me to have internet to post it. I just typed and typed since we didn't have internet lololol 

Thank you for the support! Please comment so I would know what you think of the story so far. :)

Thank you chingus! See you! <3