010

One More Day

It was already dark and freezing cold but the six guys stood it as they watched Taehyung running around the court, dribbling, and aiming for the ring but always missing it. They knew this was coming once they heard from Jungkook what happened. They were trying to call Taehyung and when he didn’t answer any of their calls, they were all out looking for him, only to see him playing basketball with himself, or rather tiring himself out.

“That’s why I told you, we should’ve just told the others when we first saw her!” Hoseok said.

“I’m sorry! I didn’t know that Jungkook was going to ruin it.” Jimin looked at Jungkook and the said boy kicked on the ground.

“I didn’t know! My parents didn’t tell me anything. I swear I tried dragging him out but he wouldn’t want. When we were about to leave, she was suddenly introduced and I couldn’t do anything anymore.” Jungkook looked so helpless, like that night when he chased Taehyung.

“Cut it off guys. We can’t do anything about it anymore,” Namjoon said, getting frustrated as he watched Taehyung working himself out.

“Are you sure she didn’t even try talking to you? I mean, not like it had been so long. It’s only been what, three years, she couldn’t forget us, right?” Yoongi said as he thought through what Jungkook said feeling his mood dropping thinking of the possibilities.

“Don’t even count on it guys,” Seokjin, who haven’t spoken since they started discussing about what happened, said. They all looked at him and Seokjin looked up to them. “I also saw her a few days ago. I was with Jinhye. I didn’t tell you guys because I knew it would hurt you,” he said and it was evident in his eyes that that moment also pained him like any of them. They all kept quiet to listen. “We were looking at this shop when suddenly, Jinhye left my side. I walked out of the store to see her talking with someone that oddly looked familiar. I jogged to them, and when I got a closer look, I was surprised but more than it, I was happy because I was able to see her again. But then… I saw that confused look on her face. I was even more shocked when she asked Jinhye if she knew her. I was mixed with emotions. I wanted to ask her what on earth was she saying but her brother was there and he was looking at us with that look that was between hard to pleading and the last thing I knew, I was already telling Jinhye for us to leave.”

Once Seokjin was done, it turned quiet. Everyone was in deep thought, confused of what was happening. A part of them didn’t want to accept the fact that probably, Joohyeon was too hurt she pretended to forget about them but they knew Joohyeon and the Joohyeon they knew wouldn’t do that.

“Don’t you think…” Yoongi began and without any more words, the other five guys knew and their fist clenched. They were surprised when Jungkook suddenly walked away, kicking a lone can on the grass on the way. They were all crestfallen when suddenly they heard a loud thudding sound and when they turned, they saw Taehyung on the ground, Jungkook standing at the end of his feet, and the ball bouncing and rolling away.

He was breathing hard, his head was bent down while both his hands was propped on the ground. “What are you doing? Get up!” Jungkook shouted and it totally alarmed the five other guys as they came forward to stop the two. Namjoon and Hoseok held Taehyung back while Jimin, Yoongi, and Seokjin held Jungkook. Taehyung shove the two guys’ hands off as he got up, wiping the blood that oozed out of the corner of his lips. Jungkook moved from the grasp that the three guys got on him and approached Taehyung, pushing him hard on the shoulders. “How long do you plan on doing this, huh? Are we going to go back to square one?!”

Taehyung stood not moving. He knew he isn’t in the place to fight back or to say anything because he was the reason why they were all there in the midst of the night, fighting the cold.

“Jungkook, stop it,” Seokjin said in an authorative tone as he was the oldest thus having all those rights.

“No hyung. This bastard needs to know that he is not the only person hurting. That not every time he thought he could act like how he wanted just fcking ‘cause his one love left him, it was okay. When actually everyone else around him is suffering as well and he acts as if he doesn’t even give a damn about it!”

Silence followed as no one didn’t know what else to say because no words could salvage the situation they were in. Taehyung was breathing so heavily when he took a step back. “Just… leave me alone. If you find me a burden, then you are free to leave. I’m not forcing anyone of you,” he said in a very hoarse voice before he turned and staggered away.

Yoongi was about to chase after him but Namjoon held him back and shook his head. “Just let him be. We’ve done our part. He should be able to do it on his own this time around.” He bit his lower lip, looking back at the disappearing figure of Taehyung and sighed.

Jungkook wasn’t able to fight the tears that was coming and broke down, the other guys surrounding him and comforting him. “I’m sorry… I---“

“Sshhh… It’s okay. Everything will be alright,” Jimin said patting his back even though he knew he was not just saying it to their youngest but to all of them, including him as they hope for the best.

 

                                                                          

Taehyung found himself at the park once again. Feeling his body ache all over, he sat on a bench and closed his eyes to relax. His breathing was back to normal although it actually hurt to breathe. He gulped down to soothe his drying throat. He opened his eyes only to spot that same window. A dry laugh escaped his lips.

“So you’re back…” He whispered in that hoarse voice. “…and you have a boyfriend. Congrats.” He knew he was being sarcastic and bitter all at the same time but he couldn’t help it. His chest was already hurting from stopping himself from crying but he couldn’t cry even if he wanted. It was as if his tears had run out and there were no more to cry.

“Right… Who am I to even get mad that you are dating someone new? Damn right.” His fist was clenched so tight his knuckles were already turning white. He closed his eyes again, leaning his head back before opening them to see the spotless night sky.

“But you know what…” He said with a soft smile. “I’m happy… I’m happy to be able to see you even if it was just for a moment. Even if that might also be the last time.”

His mind went back to that night when he had walked off, wanting to just get away because of all the emotions that struck him all at once and reality itself.

He was already at the lounge area of the hotel, about to leave when he heard his name being called by someone that sounded familiar but not at the same time. He knew it wasn’t Jungkook because he knew that guy’s voice very well. He tried not to look back but his body seemed to have a mind of his own and faced the man who just called him. He was not surprised to see who it was.

“Kim Taehyung,” Joonmyeon said, his voice mixed with pity and anger that was actually slowly fading but seemed to come back when he saw him. He gulped, not knowing what to say. He has so many questions but nothing seemed to go out than, “Why?” Joonmyeon’s eyes hardened for a while before it went back to that soft and caring look.

“Listen boy. I know I told you before that Joohyeon’s dead but you should understand more than anyone else why I did it,” he said softly with relent but Taehyung can’t seem to understand anything no matter how much he tried. Joonmyeon looked around him before saying, “Follow me.” Taehyung hesitated, since he didn’t know if he would be able to take whatever he would hear but he wanted to know. He had been trying to know the truth and now that it was about to be told to him, he suddenly felt fear but he couldn’t be a coward and has to face whatever it was to be thrown to him. Joonmyeon led him to the fire exit where they were more than sure that no one would be listening than them.

It was quiet for a while before Taehyung said, “I probably don’t have the right after everything but please, I want to know what happened.” Joonmyeon could hear the yearning in his voice and even if it pained him going to the past, he would tell him if it would free him from the pain of not knowing the truth. Joonmyeon heaved in before he begun.

“I think you know Joohyeon got into an accident that Friday night?” Taehyung slowly nodded, remembering all that happened that night and after it. “She went on comma for more than a week and we thought we’re gonna lose her already that we already arranged her school papers because we knew that if she wakes up, she couldn’t go back to school because then she would be missing on a lot already. We didn’t let any news about it to be released because our family wanted it to be as private and confidential as possible.

“I was so mad. I knew beforehand that you were going out with my sister and I didn’t stop you two because I could see nothing bad about it. My sister would always be smiling and was more than inspired in school. When I knew the reason why my sister went out that night, I can’t help but get angry with you but I also knew I couldn’t blame you. More than anyone, I’m so mad at myself because I didn’t stop her when I found out you two were dating.” Joonmyeon was near to tears as he recalled those days but he stood firm in front of Taehyung. Taehyung was feeling pain more than ever as the truth unfold to him. It hurt so bad he just wanted to go and escape reality.

“I kept on telling myself that everything would be alright. That it’s nobody’s fault. That Joohyeon is a strong girl and she would soon wake up, and when that happens, things could go back to how it was. But it had been weeks and we held on that small hope that she would not give up. When she did wake up, almost a month later, I was so happy, we were all so happy. But you know what?” Joonmyeon had a bitter smile on him as he looked up at Taehyung.

“Even with all that, the first thing I heard of her say before she woke up was your name.” Taehyung’s chest was constricting so hard it made it hard to breathe. He was happy to know that even after all that, Joohyeon still thought of him but it hurt because he felt unworthy of it. Taehyung felt like crumbling down after knowing that and he was so mad he wanted to hit the wall but he stopped himself. He couldn’t in front of Joohyeon’s brother.

“When she woke up though…” Joonmyeon clenched his fist, his heart getting heavy. “…she doesn’t remember almost everything. I was even thankful she remembers me, our parents and her eleven oppas. Other than that, everything was completely forgotten. The doctor said it was Retrogade Amnesia. She could remember some of her childhood memories but starting from her late middle school days to present, she couldn’t remember it. Even how she ended up in the hospital, she doesn’t know.” He paused before continuing, “I hated to do it but I lied to her.”

“I told her the truth that she got into an accident after meeting up with her oppas. I didn’t tell her the whole truth… I suppose you know. I did it for her sake because I thought that it was already a chance to recreate new and beautiful memories. I brought her to America and since she wanted to go there all our lives, she didn’t ask anything and I was glad. I kept everything from her. If she asks something about the past, I try my best to escape the question. If not, I would have no choice but to lie to her. Jae…”

When Taehyung heard his name, he felt a hard rock hit him.

“Jae had been there for her since we transferred there. Together with Minzy who she met later, they stood by her side, cared for her. Minzy doesn’t really know much of Joohyeon’s past but Jae knows. I told him because I knew that he wouldn’t leave Joohyeon ever and he didn’t disappoint me. He took care of her and never left her side, even if sometimes being with Joohyeon was hard because of her attacks.”

Taehyung was surprised with that. As far as he could remember, Joohyeon didn’t have any sickness. How could she have an attack? What kind of attack? As if Joonmyeon read his mind, he continued, “She acquired it after the accident. Whenever she see or hear something that could trigger memories from the past from coming back, her head would ache from mild to severe. It gave me a lot more reason to keep the past from her. She doesn’t really ask more after knowing that being curious could just hurt her but I knew that she didn’t do it for herself but for the people around her. She didn’t want to be a burden.”

It was quiet after as Taehyung tried to process everything he had heard. It was so much that it also started giving him a headache. But his heart ached more. It ached to know that Joohyeon went through so much pain, that she suffered so much and he even had been too selfish to even ask to have her back to him, and that all through that, he wasn’t there, he wasn’t able to take care of her, to help her recover, and to make her happy. And it fcking hurt to know that because he was supposed to be her boyfriend for goodness sake.

“Do you now understand Taehyung? All I’m doing, I’m doing it for Joohyeon’s sake and if you love her, you would understand. She is already happy with her life now. She’s happy with her new friends and her new found love. Taehyung, if you want her to stay happy and if you love her, you would let her go. This is my last request of you. Please. Move on and let her go.” Joonmyeon gave him a squeeze on the shoulder before he turned away and left him in his thoughts and in his pain.

“If you love her, you would let her go.” He whispered to himself until a bitter smile came to his lips. He looked up at her window again before closing his eyes. “I love you Joohyeon and I would do anything for you.”

Those thoughts lingered in his mind until he finally fell asleep on the cold wooden bench, hugging himself through the night.

 

 

He woke up when light hit his face. He groaned as he shifted his position on the bench which weirdly felt soft under him. His whole body hurt. His throat was sore and his nose was feeling stuffy. He couldn’t even open his eyes fully. He saw a blurry figure staring back to him though and it almost caught him off-guard, making him sit up but groan in pain. It was only then that he noticed he wasn't at the bench anymore but inside an unfamiliar room with a girl staring at him with her wide eyes. 

"You're awake." The girl said, a grin slowly forming on her lips.

He looked around frantically before he got the energy to say something in his hoarse voice. "Where am I? What am I doing here? Who are you?"

The girl smirked at him before shaking her head and standing up. "Easy with the questions mister. I think I deserve more explanation. You're freezing to death when I saw you this morning at the park. Are you trying to kill yourself?" She cocked an eyebrow.

Taehyung frowned. He didn't like how she spoke to him as if with an authority. Something only Joohyeon would do. Joohyeon. "I have no time for you. I'm going to go." He pushed the blankets away and it was the girl's turn to frown as she blocked him. Taehyung looked at her before sighing weakly. "Okay fine. Thank you for taking care of me but I really didn't any help. Can I go now?" He noticed the lines on her forehead go deeper as her lips did.

"Rude." He heard her mumble and he could care less.

"Excuse me but my parents are probably looking for me now so if you may excuse me?" He said feeling fatigue take over him. The girl looked at him for a while more, pouting her lips before narrowing her eyebrows at him. He cocked an eyebrow at her, feeling weird about how she was acting. Could it be that she's a manwhore that's why she didn't want him to go?

"What the , no! Ewww! Ugh..." Oops. Looks like he said that outloud. He tried to stop himself from laughing. The girl rolled her eyes before walking away and going back holding a letterman jacket. "Go get it. You own it, right?" He caught it just in time. He looked at it and was about to say no when he thought that it could lengthen their conversation more so he just nodded and walked out the door.

"Err... Thanks. Don't worry, I'll pay you back, if we meet again that is," he said shrugging and the girl scoffed.

When he was already out the door of the house, almost limping with the pain he felt all over his body, he heard the girl shout, "Thank you Mr. Crab! And by the way, my name is Jaeha! Thank you for asking!" It was obviously filled with sarcasm and he just smirked but immediately cringe when he took a step away.

As soon as he reached his house he threw the jacket on the couch before he went straight to his room feeling the pain in his heart grow stronger than the pain in his body.


A/N:

Ohwhoah a double update? Kekeke.

What do you think will happen next? Will they meet already? And a new girl? :o

I've already planned out the next chapter so stay tuned for it. ^^

Thank you for reading! :)