044

One More Day

It had already been hours since the 'morning surprise' that the six boys saw and like hawks, they watched the pair intently, and as far as what they could see, the two were either too embarrassed after being caught or they're at it again, as if they're back in high school.

"Are they seriously going to avoid each other again?" Yoongi said as his eyes followed Joohyeon as she speed walked to her room from the bathroom.

"They're going to seriously drive me nuts," Namjoon sighed, rolling his eyes.

"I thought they're over the high school stage but look at them," Seokjin said, gesturing to Taehyung who sat with Jungkook in the living room playing some card game.

"I'll talk to Joohyeon." All three pairs of eyes turned to Jimin who innocently looked at them. "What?"

"The last time you did it, you almost slipped and tell her that Taehyung likes her," Yoongi pointed out and Jimin's cheeks turned red.

"That was the past! Plus, I have something to talk about with her," Jimin said, smiling tightly.

"What is it?" Seokjin asked, raising an eyebrow. Jimin smirked. "It's for us to know and for you guys so find out." He grinned before spinning in his heels.

"I just really hope he'll not do something stupid," Namjoon said, shaking his head. "Let's cross fingers for that," Yoongi sighed, patting him on the shoulder.

 

Jungkook glanced up from his cards to the boy sitting in front of him. He could tell that he was bothered by the way he acts. They had been playing for minutes but it was obvious that his mind is off somewhere. Someone. And he can't help but pry into their business because this is not the first time it had happened and they are both his best friends so he couldn't just sit back and not do anything.

"What are you thinking?" Jungkook asked as he leaned back on his seat and stared at Taehyung across the coffee table. Taehyung froze knowing that lying to Jungkook would be useless because he isn't really a good liar. Swallowing, he said, "Joohyeon. Who else?"

Jungkook sneered. "Thinking of her won't make her talk to you again," he said. Taehyung frowned at him. "Why did you guys even do it when you know it'll turn out like this?" Jungkook sighed.

"You know the answer to that. I'm not just sure why she allowed me to do it," Taehyung said, putting a card down and saying, "Uno." Jungkook rolled his eyes and threw his cards on the table, not really caring about it.

"You know noona. Sometimes she could be...reckless," Jungkook said, scrunching his nose. 

Taehyung's lips curled into a small smirk. "You're right but I don't think I want to think that what we did last night was just out of her recklessness," he said, raising an eyebrow and Jungkook rolled his eyes.

"Are you two doing something we don't know?" Jungkook asked.

Taehyung pressed his lips together. All of them knows what's going on but if there's something they don't know, it would be their midnight escapades, and he isn't sure whether he liked the other boys knowing about it so he shook his head. Jungkook could see the glint in his eyes but he didn't ask further, knowing he wouldn't tell him even if he forces it out of him.

"I know you're lying but I'm not going to ask you because I know you wouldn't say a thing," he sneered and Taehyung grinned. "What's important right now is for you to fix this." Jungkook stopped and Taehyung could see the hesitation in his eyes and it scared him. He could tell that something's wrong and if it concerns Joohyeon, then he has to know.

"What is it?" Taehyung asked and Jungkook bit his lips. He looked around before leaning to Taehyung. "I'm not sure but there's something noona's not telling us. I could tell it with the way she's acting. Namjoon hyung also noticed it and it's only you who could find it out."

His eyebrows knitted as he looked at him. If it was Jungkook saying it, he's sure that he's not making it all up because when he came to him a month ago to convince him to help Joohyeon, he wasn't sure but he took the risk and although things are quite tangled right now, it still brought them closer and it's enough reason to take what Jungkook is saying seriously. 

When they heard a door close, he looked up and saw Jimin just coming out from Joohyeon's room with a satisfied smile on his lips. Their eyes met and Jimin blinked, face melting into a straight one immediately. Could it be that they're just getting worried for nothing? Jimin looked like Joohyeon's just alright but it could be that it's something different.

"Hyung," Jungkook called and he turned to him, smiling a little. "Don't worry. I'll take care of it." 

He does hope he won't mess anything with what he's about to do.

 

A knock on her door made her look up from the small box. She quickly hid the box under her pillow and said, "Come in." She could hear her heart beating in her ears because of nervousness but when Jimin poke his head in, she breathe out. Jimin grinned before allowing himself in.

"I don't know if I could be here because," he cleared his throat, "someone might get mad but I want to talk to you," he grinned. Joohyeon felt her face heat up, having a hint of who he meant but didn't want to assume. She wanted to ask him but she held herself back, not wanting to be more curious than she already is. 

"What did you want to talk about?" She asked, wanting to divert the topic. He sat on the end of the bed and face her, bring one leg up on the bed.

"Should I ask you the same question?" Jimin said, teasing her. When Joohyeon made a sour face, he laughed. "I'm just joking."

"Really, Jimin, what is it? If you're going to ask about that in the morning then I have got no idea as well. It just happened. I might have been under a kind of spell and I lost all my logic and--" She stopped when she realized she was blabbering and Jimin stared at her in amusement. "Sorry," she said, looking down on her lap.

"It's okay. I'm used it to your blabbering," Jimin grinned, earning him a slap on the shoulder. "But it's not really what I came here for," he said, smiling and she felt so stupid for assuming it was about it. What happened the morning probably had got into her head more than she thought it did. "I came to ask something." 

Joohyeon looked at him. "What is it?"

Jimin's lips turned up on a corner in a thoughtful manner before he said, "Do you remember what I told you before?" 

Joohyeon could remember their conversation that afternoon days ago but with all those, she wasn't sure what he was talking about. "Which is it?" She asked curiously.

Jimin pressed his lips together. "That someone who knows you better than me?" He said, eyebrows arched. "Remember?"

"Ah, that. Yes, I do," she said, hands fidgetting on her lap. She almost forgot about that. She was too busy counting the days left and thinking about her nights with Taehyung that it had already slipped her mind. Jimin watched her expression and he knew that she had already forgotten about it if not for him asking about it again. It also means that her being with Taehyung that night wasn't because she feels it's him. A feeling of excitement rushed through his body. A small smirk came to his lips.

"You've forgotten about it, didn't you?" He asked and Joohyeon grinned. "Sorry. There's just too many going on in my mind."

"Like?" He asked in a teasing manner and Joohyeon pinked.

"Like..."

"Taehyung?" He said when Joohyeon just trailed off and Joohyeon felt her heart jump to .

"What are you saying?" Joohyeon said, her lips. "Of course not. Why--"

"Aye, no need to deny anything. I won't be teasing you about it," Jimin winked and Joohyeon turned redder.

"It's really not!" 

Jimin rolled his eyes. "Yeah right. Whatever. Like I said, I didn't come for that," Jimin said, lips turning up in a smile. "Have you anyone in mind?" 

Joohyeon pressed her lips in thought. She had been observing the boys since Jimin told her about it but because of the stranger then Taehyung, she lost focus so she couldn't really pick a person. All the boys knows quite a lot about her, she knows that. But...

"I know quite a lot about you."

"You like color blue."

"You like going to that park across your house."

Her eyes slightly widened. Could it be... Her heart started beating fast. Could it be that he's just lying when he said those? But what if it's...him? 

Jimin watched her as she was in deep thought and a smile came to his lips when her eyes twinkled. Without waiting for her to answer him, he stood up, jerking her out of her thoughts as she looked at him. 

"What..."

"I think you've figured it all out so I'll leave you be to think about what your next step is," Jimin grinned and Joohyeon felt panicky.

"Wait! I...I don't know and I'm not sure. Can you at least tell me if I'm right?" She asked, standing up as well.

Jimin smiled and shook his head. He moved forward and ruffled her hair. "I'm telling you. You don't need me to tell you if you're right." He pointed to her heart and grinned. "It will tell you." Jimin shoved his hands into his pockets and turned around, leaving her alone in her thoughts. Before he could completely leave the room, he stopped by the door and glanced back. "About this morning..."

Joohyeon turned red and she pushed Jimin who laughed out the room. His laughter echoed in the hallway as she closed the door and leaned on it. She touched her loud beating heart and took a deep calming breath. She replayed Jimin's words in her mind and she bit her lower lip. Then words from Luhan echoed in her head then that of the stranger. Slowly, the pieces are coming together but she doesn't want to get ahead of herself. She's still not sure if what she's thinking is what she's been trying to find out but if it is, she's not sure if that's a good thing or not.

She sighed, pressing her palm to her forehead. "What is this mess I got myself into."

 

"Are you just going to let her stay with those boys? I mean, didn't you tell me her ex is there?" 

Youngjae sat outside a cafe basking under the sun with his best friend, Jong up, across from him. He sipped on his iced americano as he listened to his best friend doubting his decisions.

"I trust her," he said but even as he said that, he was nervous. It's not that his trust on her in wavering. He doesn't know the boys very well, especially that ex-boyfriend of Joohyeon. It might've been years but he could tell that the boy still loves her when he met him during his birthday less than a month ago.

"I know you trust her. But that boy, whoever he is, I don't think you could trust him. Look bro, I'm not scaring you or anything but nothing is impossible. If Joohyeon fell in love with him before, it's not impossible that she will again, regardless of her having a boyfriend because I know you know that a person couldn't stop herself from loving someone," Jongup said, ruffling his hair in frustration. "You need to do something."

Youngjae bit his bottom lip and swallowed. His best friend is right. Nothing is impossible. He knows that and that's what scares him most. He loves her too much for him just to let her go. He doesn't know how he'll be when she comes back and tell him she doesn't love him anymore. But if he loves her, wouldn't he let her go, even if it meant him being hurt in return? He groaned. He couldn't think straight anymore. All the feelings and thoughts were swirling in his mind, it gave him a headache.

"Yah, Yoo Youngjae. Are you there?"

He looked at him and Jongup was a little taken aback with the strong gaze he gave him.

"She might fall in love with him again but I'm her boyfriend and she loves me, right?" Jongup stared wide eyed at him, not knowing what to say. "Even if we get to that point, I'm not going to let her go. Not without a fight." Jongup smiled widely when he heard that and he reached over to tap him on the shoulder.

"That's the way, man. Go get your girl, okay? I can't wait to see you walking in the altar," he said, grinning. Youngjae chuckled, shaking his head. It might be too early for those things but he too couldn't wait for him to stand by the altar and watch her walk down the aisle in her beautiful gown. It alone gave him more reason to put up a fight.

Ex vs Current. Past vs Present.


A/N:

Hi my lovely readers! I'm back with a new chapter. Sorry if it's short. I'll try make the next chapter longer. Also, there's some confusion a little while ago. It was my fault. I'm sorry. I didn't know I didn't tick the hide chapter so you guys might've received a new update notification. I'm really sorry for that.

With that, I'm going to have to leave you guys until my next update next weekend. I'm really sorry for the slow updates. I hope you understand.

Thank you for reading, commenting, and subscribing! Love you guys!