028

One More Day

They were all back inside the house after getting all the stuffs the three boys had brought back from the car.

Jungkook had welcomed Joohyeon with a big bear hug as soon as he saw her and even if Joohyeon was taken aback, she was happy to have him and the two other boys back. She returned the hug with a smile on her face. Jimin smiled and ruffled her hair while Yoongi gave her a one arm side hug while grinning. Everything looked normal but Joohyeon could tell that something wasn't in place. She tried reading their faces but she didn't want to bother them since she was sure that they were tired so she just shrugged it off and smiled widely at them.

"Where's Taehyung?" Jimin asked as they entered the house. Joohyeon tilted her head to the direction of the bathroom, also wondering what was taking him long, and that made her miss the exchange of looks of the boys and Hoseok, who pressed his lips in a thin line while nodding his head to the direction of Joohyeon.

That instant, the bathroom door opened and out came a grinning Taehyung. He looked fine, but those who knew him better knows how it didn't reach his eyes, and oddly enough, Joohyeon could tell the difference from his real smile and the one he was wearing that moment.

"Did you guys miss me that much that you came looking for me?" Taehyung said, breaking the silence that seemed to ensue. They were all quiet and Taehyung felt a little awkward so he arched his eyebrows and smirked. "What? It looks like it's your first time to see someone going out the bathroom." Taehyung joked and luckily, someone understood how he didn't want to talk right now.

"Tsk. Who would miss your loud mouth? It was actually refreshing not to have you around," Jimin said playfully and Taehyung rolled his eyes.

"Really," Taehyung said and Jimin broke into a grin.

"You three should go and have some snacks while we arrange the things you've brought," Seokjin said, nodding off to the kitchen.

"Right. I'm pretty hungry," Yoongi said, patting his stomach.

Joohyeon broke into a soft smile. "Do you guys want anything? I could get it ready for you guys," she said.

"Ah, no--" Jimin paused mid-way as Seokjin gave him a look. "That'll be great!" He said instead, smiling. Joohyeon smiled and nodded before walking away to the kitchen. 

"You guys go rest first. I have this covered," Joohyeon said.

"Thanks!" The boys said in a chorus before they looked at each other and Namjoon gave a signal to the boys and they quietly walked to the first room to their left: Jungkook, Yoongi, and Hoseok's room. 

Once they've secured the door closed and they've settled inside the room, Seokjin turned to the three boys who had just came, saying, "Okay, spill it."

It was Jimin who first let out a breath as he leaned his head to the wall. Taehyung looked at him with an arched eyebrow. He tried to remain calm even if his heart was racing.

"Did something happen?" Hoseok asked.

"Something really BIG happened," Yoongi answered, nodding his head. They weren't supposed to tell them about it but they couldn't really keep something so important to them. They haven't even told Jungkook about it.

"We met one of her oppas," Jimin quickly added. Namjoon, Hoseok, and Seokjin's eyes widen while Jungkook's mouth went agape. Taehyung's jaw tightened. He already knew that was coming although he hoped he was wrong.

"Which one?" Namjoon asked.

"The tan one. I think it's...I don't know, Kim Jonghyun, Jongout--"

"Jong-in. It's Kim Jongin, Joohyeon's cousin," Taehyung said, letting out a breath. He was somehow relieved because he knew that that guy was someone Joohyeon trusted the most and probably the person who she told about her whereabouts.

"C-Cousin?!" Yoongi stuttered, surprised.

"Why didn't we--"

"They never really talk about it. They treat each other more like siblings anyway," Taehyung explained while the boys made an 'o'. Boyfriend perks, they thought.

"So what did he say?" Hoseok asked, dying of curiosity.

Jimin jut his lower lip out in thought. "Actually, I think he knows. I don't know... The way he talked to us..."

"He didn't looked all that panicky when we thought that he should be. I mean, weren't they going around looking for her?" Yoongi said.

"There's possibility that it's him who she talked to," Seokjin said.

"Talk?" Jungkook asked, confused.

Seokjin nodded. "Before we left the stop-over, I told her to make a call to whoever she liked. She looked really worried so I forced her to take that call. I guess it's him who she called," he explained.

"That explains it. Waaaaaaaaa! And we even acted like fools pretending we didn't know!" Yoongi said, messing his hair in embarrassment.

"Why, what did you say?" Namjoon asked, arching an eyebrow in amusement.

"He showed us this picture of Joohyeon and asked if we know her. We said that she looked familiar and he told us that she sort of ran away. He asked us to tell her some things if ever we come across her," Jimin said, feeling the frustration too. 

"What? What did he say?" Hoseok asked. Jimin and Yoongi looked at each other, unsure of how to tell it to them. Jungkook watched them and waited although deep inside him, he knew what he was about to say is nothing compared to that. And he was about to go nuts not knowing if he even should tell them or say it straight to Joohyeon. He doesn't even know if he should tell anybody at all.

Taehyung noticed his creased eyebrows and in cheeks and he knew that something was bothering him. He just wasn't sure what. Yoongi was about to talk when they heard a knock on the door and Joohyeon's head poked in.

"Snack's ready," she said, smiling from ear to ear. 

 

"How was your trip?" Joohyeon asked as they sat around the kitchen area.

Jimin, Yoongi and Jungkook looked at each other, wondering who should answer her. "It's was fine." Yoongi replied, shrugging as he nibbled on his sausage.

"Ah! Haejin gave me a bag with clothes for you, Joohyeon," Jimin said, grinning. Joohyeon's eyes widened in surprise.

"Really?"

"Yup. Maybe you should go and check it. I think it'll fit you right," Jimin said, standing up from his seat and approaching the pile of stuffs they've brought and grabbed the duffel bag. "Here." Joohyeon got it from him and thanked him. The bag seemed a little too heavy for just clothes but she just shrug it off, thinking that Haejin must have placed a lot of clothes inside. 

She looked up and found Jungkook's uneasy gaze. Her eyes softened at him and she felt worried that something happened when he came back. She didn't want to ask him though, not in front of everybody, since it looked like he didn't want to even talk about it. She just hoped that everything is okay. The snack time was just filled with random talks. They talked about how it was all the same in the city and they also told Joohyeon that there weren't any news regarding her missing so it meant that her parents hadn't still known it.

She was relieved to know that but she wondered if her brother had already found the letter she left. She hoped he did because at least, then, he would know that she was fine, and maybe, he'll become a little relieved.

"Joohyeon?" She looked up and met Yoongi's smiling eyes. 

"Oh?"

"Can we...talk?" He asked. Joohyeon slowly nodded. 

"Ah... Let's talk somewhere," Yoongi said, standing up. The boys didn't stop him as they understood why and pretended that they weren't really paying attention at them.

"Sure." She stood up after and Yoongi nodded to the guys and the boys gave him a small smile.

"Excuse us for a while," Yoongi said and Joohyeon smiled at them before she followed Yoongi. "Ah... Where should we talk..."

"We could talk outside, if you want," Joohyeon said. 

"That'll be nice," Yoongi said, nodding. They walked out the house and sat at the porch swing. It was quiet for a while as they just pushed on the ground, making slight movement to the swing.

Joohyeon looked up at him, wondering what it was he wanted to talk about. She didn't want to bother him though as she waited, staring off.

"Ahh..." Yoongi said and Joohyeon tilted to look as him. "You see... How should I say this..." Yoongi stuttered, rubbing his neck.

"Is everything...okay?"

Yoongi's eyes widened. "Of course! I didn't mean it that way... Just... We met your cousin..." He said softly but audible enough. 

"Cousin?" Joohyeon asked, her heart starting to beat fast.

"Yeah. Taehyung... I mean... We thought he is, since he's also a Kim," Yoongi said.

"Kim?" If she thought it right, then Yoongi should be referring to Jongin. Her eyes widened and lit up. "Do you mean Kim Jongin?" She said, a little to happily.

Yoongi was taken aback but he nodded. "Yeah. Him."

"Why? What happened? How did you meet him?" Joohyeon asked but turned red when she realized she'd asked so many things. "Sorry..."

Yoongi chuckled. "It's okay. I see you miss him," he said and Joohyeon just smiled. "Well, we met him right after we went to Haejin's place. I don't know why he was there but he approached us. Seokjin hyung said that it must be him who you called before, so we think that's why he knew you were with us," Yoongi said.

Joohyeon bit her lower lip. "Sorry... I didn't want to worry you guys so I didn't tell you."

"No! You don't have to. It's nothing really," Yoongi said, feeling guilty. He drummed his fingers on his lap. "Ahhh... About what he said..." Joohyeon looked up at him and waited. She was really worried that something might've happened. "He told us to tell you that they are worried and that they are all missing you. He said that they are waiting for you and that...whatever you're trying to find, you'll find in time."

 

After the talk with Yoongi, she thanked him and went to her room, wanting sometime alone and to also see what Haejin had left for her. She caught Taehyung's gaze as she left the kitchen and got confused once more. She could feel something building in her stomach and she shook it away before looking away and walking to her room. She closed it softly and locked it, taking a deep breath. 

She sat on her bed and leaned on the wall. What Yoongi said kept on playing in her mind. She felt bad. She felt guilty. It was as if she causing them all pain because of her selfishness. Should she just give up? Should she just forget all about the past as if it was nothing? Should she just really move on like how her parents told her years ago? She felt tears pricking at the corner of her eyes and she blinked it away. She didn't want to cry. She already cried enough and it'll not help anything if she did cry.

Her eyes landed on the duffel bag handed to her by Jimin and she crawled over, grabbing the bag from the foot of her bed. She crossed her leg on the bed as she set the bag in front of her. She zipped it open and true to what Jimin had said, it was full of clothes. She got a t-shirt that was neatly folded on the top and held it in front of her. It was a white tee, with a bear print in front. It looked really cute. She folded it back and placed it to her side and grabbed another t-shirt. This time it was a baby blue and had a small heart print on the right part of the chest. She continued to do so, grabbing one article clothing one after one, from t-shirt, to sweaters, and two pairs of shorts and a pair of pants. She blinked, wondering how Haejin knew her size. She just shrugged it off, thinking that maybe, Haejin knew how to know the size just by looking. She smiled. She hadn't known her for that long, at least not that she knows of but she really feels like she had a best friend in her.

She was about to place everything back in the bag when she saw something placed at the bottom of the almost empty bag. Her eyebrows knitted in the middle, wondering if Haejin misplaced it inside the bag. She grabbed the medium sized box. It wasn't too heavy but enough to add weight to the bag. It was probably why the bag weighed more than it should. She turned the box over, looking for any indication that it was Haejin's or if she left it really for her. She was hesitating on opening it because she wasn't sure it was hers but knowing that she wouldn't know if it was really hers if she doesn't check what it has, she opened the lid and was surprised to find a note on top, her name neatly written on the folded paper.

She picked up the paper gingerly and laid the box on top of her lap as she unfolded the paper. She felt her heart beating fast for some reason she couldn't understand. Ever since that phone call with Haejin, she knew that she knows more than she was letting on and so, with what she'd left, she was hoping that even if she wasn't really around, she still wanted to help, as a friend.

Dear Joohyeon,

Hi Joohyeon! ^^

First of all, I'm sure your are shocked to see this box inside the bag. Probably, you hesitated to get it and open it because you weren't sure if it was yours or if I just misplaced it. Am I right? Worry no more because this is really yours. ^^

Joohyeon's eyes widened as she read the letter, a smile spreading to her lips in awe and amusement. She continued reading through, getting hyped.

How are you doing? I hope you are doing great there. The boys might get a little rowdy but they're nice, you know they are. Sorry I can't be there. I really wanted to come but my brother and I can't leave the house both at the same time or our parents might just go berserk. Kidding. Kekeke. I may not be there but I would always be praying for you all from here. 

You know, I really have so many to tell you. It's been so long. But I'll just wait 'til you come back, I know you will. For now, there are some important things I had to tell you.

First, you don't have to rush yourself. I'm not saying you should stay there forever, no, nope. What I'm saying is that, take things one step at a time. All of the boys there would sure be with you all the way. Don't worry because I'm sure it's fine by them. 

Second, there might be some things that would seem confusing but don't hesitate to ask. They'll be ready to answer you. After all, they are there to help you find the answers to your questions, right? 

Third, don't stop yourself from feeling anything at all. Whatever you might feel could be something that could lead you to the answers you are asking for, who knows. There might be feelings that won't seem right but I know you know how you could handle it. You are Kim Joohyeon, after all. ^^

Lastly, have fun. While you're at it, make the best out of it. Sometimes, you just have to go with the flow. What will come will come, so as your memories. Other than trying to bring back some memories, why not make new memories? I'm sure the boys would love to spend so much time with you, especially one particular boy. They've been waiting for so long for it, just so you know. 

Right now, you might be confused and baffled. You might be asking me what I'm saying or what do I mean. You will understand it as time goes by. For now, I need to end this and wish you all the best! I'll be waiting for you and the guys' return. Take care!

xoxo,

Haejin

P.S. I want to say one more thing. (I don't know if Seokjin oppa will get mad at me for this but who cares, you're also my best friend!) I know you are already having thoughts that probably you know us from before, and I'll answer it for you: Yes, we are.

P.P.S. This things inside the box, it's upon you if you'll already look at it or wait 'til you think it's the right time. I hope all the best for you, Joohyeon. Hwaiting! ^^

Her eyes were tearing up by the time she finished reading letter. Her heart was beating right out of her chest as she folded the paper and stared inside the box. There were several items inside. Some of which she could tell was a pen, a friendship bracelet, and a stack of little pieces of papers. Underneath those are more papers she could tell were pictures. She gulped, reaching in but stopped mid-way. Haejin's words replayed in her head. The right time... Having that in mind, she softly smiled, placed the letter back inside, and placed the lid back, closing it. 

She let out a breath before a small smile spread to her lips.

Thank you.


A/N:

HIII! How are you all doing? ^^

New chapter for you lovely readers! I got in the mood to type in a new chapter because of all the new subs and the comments that came in. Thank you for all the support, really, from the bottom of my heart. I might update after a week or two so I hope this will make do.

I hope this chapter was okay. It's a short chapter, I know, but this chapter will also mark something. ^^ Tell me what you guys think of it! 

Thank you for reading! ^^