chapter 18

not blessed love

Mom ran to her room in hurry and wake her soon, Shinhye shocked saw her mom act like that.

“ hurry up, we don’t have much time” she pulled her inside the car, and drive to the hospital. Shinhye tried to ask what really happen, when she drive like chased by ghost. But Mom still focus on the way while pushed hard the car. Mom still didn’t said something when they was arrived in the hospital, just pulled her hand toward the lift who almost closed.Shinhye still curious why they come here and walk in hurry. Face of Lee was crossed in her mind suddenly. She was like got heart attack when they saw nurse pushed a bed carefully with a white blanket covered a whole the body bow at them. A doctor tapped her back.

“I’m so sorry ma’am, I has tried my best. But, he lost much blood. “ doctor said “ we found this in his pocket” he pulled out small plastic back from his coat.

Shinhye felt her heart beating so fast like tried to out of the box heard it.

“ Mom, what happen, is a something happen with Lee oppa?” her voice was trembled. Mom couldn’t said something, she just give a plastic bag from a doctor, shinhye opened it carefully. Her hand was shaking while tried to opened it. it’s handwriting but she proved it’s not his

My lovely wife,I don’t know how to said, everything that I said was never changing our live. I has lose. What happen with Lee is my mistake. So before late, please save him. Take care of him, like you was raise our daughter til growing up. I’ll paid it, though it’s never enough, but only this that I have. So, I’ll paid with my life.

Put my organ who needed to save him. Then, you could felt me on him. my proudly my daughter, please continue to realize my dream as great police woman. I’m so sorry ignoring you all that time. you and your oppa is my last hope, to protect your mom. Please take care your oppa. Please promise me…

Shinhye felt like lost her power to stood up, a nurse reflex holding her shoulder, and lead her to sat beside her mom.

Doctor need a approval about dad wills. If the family member was agree, then they’ll doing an organ transferred to his son. Mom just nod to response what a doctor said.” Just following what he want doctor” her voice almost unheard. Mom ask to SeMi who was arrived to send shinhye back home.

“ No.., mom. I want to stayed here. I want to beside my dad” Shinhye cries a lot on mom’s arm.

A nurse a wake them who felt sleep in the outside, waiting the operation. Both of them just hugging each other when nurse said an operation was complete. They was follow her inside the doctor room. They feel was perfectly blended heard the information from a doctor. They was so happy that Lee got a donor, and the transplantation was going well. But the other side, because of this, they lose their lovely dad.

“ we should monitoring his healthy, to checking his body adaptation about new organ. Now, you can back home to rest for while. We’ll do the best for him”

“ may I meet him doctor?” Mom said

“ I’m sorry ma’am, he couldn’t meet anyone. If you want to see him, just look at him from the window. You could visited him when he was transferred in the regular room”

“ only staff from police station who guard him 24 hours” he add. Daaang.. shinhye almost forget that lee still a police arrest. They was agree to back home, because they should prepare dad’s cemetery, tomorrow morning.

Everybody was leaving when the ceremony was finish. Shinhye ask to SeMi to send her mom back to home. JiWon said that she will accompany her, then Mom allow her to stayed. Shinhye squat beside dad’s cemetery, alone. Dad, thank you so much, finally, I could to see you again. actually,I don’t know what a matters between you and Mom. I really thankful meet you before late. I mean, about me and Lee oppa. Mommy always said, that all parents didn’t want something happen with their children, parents is god’s assistant who will protect their child from the bad things. Dad, I’ll obey what you want. I’ll promise. Dad, may I ask you something, please keep eyeing me,save me, even with a different way to protect me, oppa and my mom too. Shinhye turn back her head when JiWon tapped her back.” Shinhye, it’s almost rainy, let’s go home. we will visited him often”She grabbed shinhye’s shoulder to stood up and lead her back to the car.

****

My great son, Jhon Lee,how are you. How long you’ll spend your time on the bed. Come on boy…. wake up! You always shot by gun,how come you’re so weak just because of this, eh? Wake up! You promise me to protect your mom and your sister. Come on…

Dad..could we stopped this all? Could we life back to normal like another?

That’s what I want to ask to you. just do it. you’re still young, I shouldn’t drag you in my wrong way. Please, forgive me. Now, I will leave your mom and your sister in your hand..i believed in you. You’re my last hope…

Dad… dad.. where are you going… dad.. I want to show this one…

Lee getting off from the bed to chase his dad who walk out the room, a nurse who just passes by in front of his room shocked saw him suddenly walk out.Before he got two steps, he was fell because his hand still have the IV . A nurse lift him back to the bed, but he notice some blood around his head. He pushed emergency button on top his bed edged.

 

“ I’m sorry shinhye, doctor has do operation on his head, he was fell earlier ”Ha Jiwon said when she recently arrived. A Nurse has called her mom in the morning to got approval about this. Mom ask her to visited the hospital immediately.

“what happen with him, Jiwon?” shinhye looked so worried

“ I’m not realized that he was fell down at the floor, seem he tried to step out. Nurse saw him just fell down.”

“ oh my god, please save him, actually, what plan did you have for him…” shinhye looked at down, Jiwon grabbed her shoulder to embracing her. Shinhye just leaned her head on her shoulder, she was cries till fell a sleep

Mom arrived in front of his room in hurry, her heart feel so hurt when saw shinhye just fell a slept in the jiwon’s lap. She can read a tiredness in her face while she was sleep.JiWon ask her to meet a doctor to knowing about lee’s condition. Actually, jiwon just asked her not to disturbing shinhye’s sleep.

 

In the night, finally Lee opened his eyes, he can realized his mom and shinhye too. They was surprised saw him called their name and tried to smiles.

“oh..my dear,don’t worry mom was here” mom showering him with a kissed

“ mom, we should called a doctor to check his condition first” shinhye said. She still didn’t dare to get closer with him. She just stood up beside the bed. Shinhye step out toward to doctor room and then, back to the room with a doctor and medical team to check his condition. Mom really nervous while waiting in the outside.” Please calm down mom, I know he was so strong. At least he was wake up right now, and can realized us” shinhye caress her hand tightly.

They stood up and toward to a doctor who was walk out the room.

“ congratulation,he has passes a critical moment, everything was doing well” doctor said.

“ But he still can’t got much pressure, hard thinking” he add and he leave them alone, a nurse who was fixing his blanket and clean up the medical tools, step out the room while closed the door.

They just fell in to the situation, their cries together to reveal their happiness. But not for shinhye, her feel was pretty blended right now. She was so happy that Lee will recovered soon, but it’s mean he should be processed by the police about his case then he should be separate with his family again. How can she will told about dad. How come she able to said the truth that their dad was died because of save him.

“ Lee…, please forgive me. I’m promise not to leave you again. please stayed like this, I’ll promise to spent my life to paid all my fault”

“ Mom…, did I still alive?” his voice so weak

“ what do you mean? Yes, of course, now, we can talked each other, you can see your sister” mom caress his hand with her cheek.

“ mom…, I miss you so much” he said.

Mom really can’t hold her emotions right now while heard what he said. She pulled up him to embracing tightly. His words like a slivered her heart.

“me too baby.. I miss you too”

“ oh..,I’m so sorry, did I hurt you?” mom broke her hug, and lead him to lay down.

“ let’s sleep back, I’ll be here.” Mom just hold his hand tightly to comforting him.

 

 

“ shinhye do you want a coffee?” YeonSeok ask her. Shinhye opened her eyes widely when she realized someone called her name.

“ I’ll ask to jiwon for stayed while we’re going to coffee shop”  

Shinhye was crying a lot while talking with YeonSeok about her worries. Yeonseok really anxious about her case who seem so complicated.

“ Shinhye…, you almost find him as your brother, you has found your dad. You almost done. Come on...” he caress her arm

“ now, you can walk straight in the right way, with your family beside you. Remember about your dad sacrifice. It’s should be hard for him to accept but he will understand about sacrifice of parents ” He add

“ aah.., don’t worry about the punishment. His healthy could be the one excuse for got remmision.”

“ yaa shinhye, how long you will crying? Do you want to can’t opened your eyes anymore? A swollen will close your eyes”

“ yeonseok-ssi, thank you.. glad, I have many lovely friend here” shinhye tried to hug him tightly. But he tried to lower her arm.

“ yaa…, we’re like family right? You and Jiwon is my lovely sister, but please put down your arm, I will got hit by senior if he saw me hugging you like this.” He smirk, tried to express scared face. He laughter when she was hit his arm. Since he has found her smile again, YoenSeok ask her to back to the hospital. “ before jiwon will hit me”

“ Thank you so much”

*****

Lee’s health has recovered, yesterday he was transferred in the hospital of the police. Police was prepared about lawsuit of him. Maybe next week we can meet in the court. But Mr. WonBin said Shnhye couldn’t joined in this case, because the defendant is her family. She was replaced by MinNa. Wonbin ask her to take another case. He was said to SangWook that he should be more objective in this case. “ I understand sir”
“ Shinhye, don’t be mad at him. It’s was the rules, you know right. Since I was in charge in this case, I’ll tried my best to save your brother” Sangwook said when they have a lunch. Shinhye just smile and nod.
“ do you want to visited him?, I’ll accompany you”
They walking to the his room. Shinhye was so happy look at him, seem his recovery was doing well.
“ How are you oppa? i brought this for you, let’s eat together” she put a plastic bag on the table, pull out a bento for him.
“mr. lee according to progress of your case, are you sure that you didn’t need a lawyer? Sangwook said.
“ don’t worry sangwook-ssi, I’ll face it by myself.
“Shinhye, did you visit dad these day?” Lee was ask her straight to the point,the question who will he ask just at her. Shinhye almost chuck her food when she heard what he asked. She just looking at sangwook each other.
“I’m sorry, oppa. Actually I’m so hectic these day, but I’m promise to visited him soon.” She tried to lied
“Oh... are you sure?” he turn his head at her. Before she reply his question mom was arrived.
“ Mom.. oh, I didn’t know you’ll visited too” shinhye said. Oh god, thank’s for save me from his question, at least for today. Shinhye give a sign to sangwook to leave, then sangwook ask her to went.
“I’m sorry aunty, mr lee.. we should go now” he bow at them.
“ see you at home, mom..”
At home, shinhye told about his question about him dad. Both of them was hard thinking, to find a way to said the truth to Lee.
“ I’ll ask to commander to give him a permission to visited dad’s cemetery a day before trial verdict.”
“ then we brought him there? I’m so worry that he’ll depression”
“ we doesn’t have a choice mom, now or later he should know the truth. Then let him meet his dad, before he took the punishment”
“ do you will accompany me in the court that day, hearing the verdict?” mom said
“ yes mom, of course. We’ll send him go to prison, and waiting his freedom”***
Today they was visited dad’s cemetery together. Lee come with the guard from the police station and yeonSeok too. Mom and shinhye really worried about his reaction. But lee was so cool when arrived at the cemetery , he was pretty calm, really different with their expectation before. They didn’t know, actually dad was visited him even just in his dream, that day before he fell. But Lee didn’t hold his tears when he read the last dad handwriting who was hanging in the tomb. He was know that his dad was leave him, but he didn’t expect that he was save him with donate his kidney at him. Dad’s picture who pinned there with his and shinhye when they was child really hurting him. Suddenly, memory of them was cross in his mind, when he saw that picture. Shinhye squat beside him, hold his hand tightly.
“ Dad.., today we visited you together, thank you for being our lovely daddy. Dad, please rest peacefully, we’re grew up now, we’ll take care our mom. Don’t worry” Her words was trembled.
“oppa..,, please said something to him” she add
But lee was cries a lot, his heart was really pain. he just pulled her in his arm. Both of them was cries together.
“ I’m sorry oppa” she cries on his shoulder.
“ no, is not your mistake, I just so selfish that didn’t want to admit that you’re my lovely sister” Lee hug her tightly more. YeonSeaok, hold mom’s hand when she want to closer with them.
The day is come, prosecutor will announced the verdict of Lee. Shinhye sat beside mom. His friends visited to send a support for lee and his family. Mom almost faint when a judges announced that John Lee will serving a sentence for 10 years. Actually, shinhye was told about prediction of his punishment, hope Mom will not shocked heard it in the court. Shinhye was embrace her tightly,
“ Mom, please.. we should be strong for him. He needed us” shinnye tried to comforting her. but Mom still cries and more lauder when Lee was approach her. Shinhye ask to a court staff to give them more time before they send lee to the prison. Shinhye was crying a lot, saw mom and Lee just cries while embraced each other. “ mom, I’m sorry. Please don’t cries. I’ll follow this verdict, a punishment. Please stayed healthy and wait for me, as you has waiting the time for meet me again”
“ I’m so sorry dear.. what happen with you now, is my fault”

“ Mom,listen to me,I don’t care about how much you and dad mistake, but you still my mom,who I missed and love” he said.

“please send me with simile mom, your smile is my power” Lee hold her hand toward to shinhye.

“ yaa.. a police shouldn’t cries when send her prisoner to the jail” he tried to be funny. But Shinhye just hug him tightly.

“iisshh.., this girl really something” he break a hug, when he saw SangWook in the outside ready to come in. He lead her to sangwook who stand up beside mom.

“ please take care my little sister, when I was inside” he put her hand in his hand.

“ I leave my lovely family in your hands. Please promise me..” he smile at him who seem really anxious, Sangwook and shinhye just looking at each other.

“ oppa….” Shinhye hold his hand, she want protest.

“ no one could be change your place in my heart”

“ ooh.., you’re so sweet, yes of course… you is my sister and I’m your brother. No one who could be denied. But I just ask him to protect you and mom when I was inside”

“ NOOO…, nothing would be changing till you finished your punishment. Look at my eyes carefully, do I really your little sister? Not your girlfriend?” she raise her voice. Mom was surprised look at shinhye. Sangwook just hold her hand tightly when saw they was kisses. Shinhye was kissed lee for a while but lee was break the kissed first before it was raise to be a more passionate.

“ WHAT ARE YOU DOING?? ARE YOU CRAZY….” Lee was shocked

“ what, what are you feeling now, do you enjoyed that kisses, tell me.. huh?” Lee was surprised about her words. Yeah..,actually he was surprised about his feeling, when they was kissed. his heart didn’t beats so hard, or raise his emotions fell in to that kisses then, he will take a lead to kissed her more as always. He didn’t felt anything right now. He was so happy look her hand in Sangwook hand. Lee still remember, how his mad when saw them holding hands each other. He didn’t realized when his felt was change, but he just remember, last day he meet his dad inside a dream, dad was awake him and leave mom and little shinhye on his hand before he gone.

“ said it oppa, what are you feel?” she shake his arm. Lee just shook his head.

“ it’s was so disgusting, you know! I didn’t felt it anymore, shinhye. Sorry..” he look down.

“ really??? thank you oppa…” she was kissed on his cheeks.

“ Mom.., look, my oppa is back!! My hero is back” She pulled his wrist to her mom.

“ are you sure, lee? “ mom embrace him turn.

“ thanks god, you grabbed my family in to your arm. Thank you “ mom really emotional. Their lovely moment was break when a warder said they should go back now.

“ mom, I’ll go now” lee kissed mom cheeks and shinhye turn.

“ whenever you want marry her, I’ll blessed you both” lee tapped at sangwook back.

“ oppa…, nothing happen till your day. I’ll waiting for you” again, she hug him. Lee just ruffled her hair while step in the car. Shinhye just wave her hand in to him, lee just smile widely look at her. Shinhye and mom was embraced each other, they felt free.. like a something in their heart has gone.

“ thank you shinhye, my son is back. Should we make a little party for celebrate it?”

“ Oo.., but I should share our happiness to dad, do you want to accompany me?”

“ lets go…”

They just walk in to the parking area, their steps so lightly. smile each other, seem they will passes the time so fast waiting for lee’s day. [END]

[i'm sorry if my story make you feel so sad,and hiatus for a long time, actually i was prepare new story for our Minshin, thank you so much for read and the beautiful comment]