chapter 17

not blessed love

[ i'm sorry for hiatus for a long time ^^]

“Please don’t cry anymore, he will be alright, doctor would do the best for him” sangwook grabbed her shoulder let her to crying on his arm.

“ shinhye, listen to me, Lee was so strong, you should believed that he’ll passes it very well” he pull away his embrace cupped her face

“Senior..i’m so scared ” her voice so trembled, she tried to talk between her cries and sobbing.

“sshhh…, you’re not alone, I’m here will accompany you” he pull back her to his arm.

“ don’t cried anymore, calm down please, you should be strong in front of him. He was so worry about you , braced yourself to take care of him, he need you” Sangwook tried to calming her. Shinhye pulled away from his arm, wiped a tears by herself.

“ how could I said to my mom, and my dad, it’s all because of me, I couldn’t forgive for myself if he…” Shinhye couldn’t completed her word, buried her face on her palm.

“ you should be proud of him shinhye-yaa, he let himself to be like this just because want to save his sister, your parent would be proud of him too”

“ should I called your mom to come here, to accompany you? He add

“ don’t, not now. She would be worry too much. But I’ll told to my mom later”she pull down her hand. SangWook turn back his head when heard a sound of the door was opened. Shinhye just followed him stood up toward to a doctor who looking for Lee’s family.

 

Shinhye felt like lose her power to come out even Sangwook keep hold her shoulder lead her back to the chair. She closed her eyes, leaned her head on the backrest. Doctor’s explanation like give her a heart attack. Suddenly shinhye rose her feet toward to Lee’s room.

“ I should saw him, senior” she said when Sangwook hold her wrist

“ stayed here for awhile, if you could to control your emotions then, you might to visited him, if not, I’ll go inside by myself.” he push her, back to sat

“ remember what I said, he was so worried about you. He let himself got the wounds, just for save you. So please, hide your sadness, tried to smiled when you beside him. Then, he could felt his sacrifice was useful” He hold her shoulder. Shinhye just nod as she was agrees with him.

“ let’s smile then..”he pinch her cheek, tried to make her to smile. He push her to walk in front of him when he opened the door

“ don’t worry, I’m here behind you” he grabbed her shoulder and lead her to sat on the chair beside the bed. Sangwook was nudged at her when he notice shinnye starting to cry again. Shinhye wiped a tear on her cheeks. She couldn’t hold her sadness, saw him who sleep and helped by oxygen for breathing.

“what should I do, senior?”

“ just stayed here as you want, and stopped your cries. it would be disturbing his slept” he was brushed her hair

“ I’ll bought some drink and snack, I’ll be back soon” he leave her alone.

Her heart was pretty blended saw him so weak, she caress every part of his face, turn to his arm and stopped on his wrist when she notice a infusion. She never thought about this day that she will arrest her brother .and now, the arrest has save her. Shinhye bit her lower lips to hold her cries, then Lee couldn’t heard her sobbing. Shinhye lift her head when someone called her name.

“ oppa, are you awake?” shinhye get closer her face on him to heard what he said clearly.

“ are you okay, do you get hurt? Lee tried to talk even he was so weak.

Shinhye just shook her head “ no, because you has save me. then, let me to treat you now” she wiped a tears on her cheeks, while kisses his forehead

“liar…,you never able lie to me” he tried to smile.

“oppa, take a rest more please, don’t talk too much” she caress his arm.

“ it’s not hurt,eh?” Lee staring at her lower lip who was bleeding, because she bites hard it before. He tried to wiped that blood who was rolling down corner of her lips.

“oh..it’s okay” shinhye pulled away his hand from her lips,she take a tissue to wiped it. But Lee was thought that she was avoid his touch.

“oppa, thank you so much. You save me and let yourself to be like this. How could I paid this all? How could I said to our parents ” Shinhye really lost control, forgot her promise before, that she wouldn’t cries in front of him

“shinhye-yaa.., this is me, who’ll protect you where ever you are. Please don’t cries again, I’ll recovered soon, I promise” he tried to lift his pinkie

“ you promise me oppa, I couldn’t forgiving myself if something bad happen to you” She wrapped his shoulder. Shinhye broke her hugged when he was make grinned hold a pain on his stomach.

“ oh.. I’m sorry, it must be hurt,eh?” shinhye tried to pull up his tshirt, when she saw a bandaged who covering a wound, she remember about doctor said. the bullet scratched his right of kidney. They do operation for stopping his bleeding, but he still need new kidney. We could still alive with single kidney, but we prefer he will got a donor, then he will live like a normal before. She and sangwook has signed agreement letter about donor of kidney.

Lee was surprised look at sangwook and yeonseok who was inside the room. His gaze was changing when saw yeonseok use police outfit. She remember that they was police.

“ glad to see you awake.. take a rest please” sangwook said while passes a cup hot tea for shinhye

“ thank you,senior” shinhye sipped it slowly, but she screaming that her lower lips who was wound touched a hot water.

“ sipped it slowly..,eh, what happen with your lips?” Sangwook smile at her, but little bit surprised look at her lips. Shinhye just smiled at him as said it’s doesn’t matter. Lee felt hurt in his heart looking at their closeness.

“ should I take a some clothes for you?” he said

“I’ll take it at your home then you could be stayed here” yeonseok said

“ No need, please send her back home, she should sleep a well at home.” Lee tried to speak

“ oppa..” shinhye surprised heard what he said

“ it’s good choice, he need take rest more, then he could be recovery soon, you could visited again, tomorrow morning” Sangwook said

“ don’t worry guys, I’ll recovery soon, then you can put me on the jail”

“ oppaaa…” Shinhye was shocked heard it.

“ guys.., please drive her back home.”

“ oppaaa…, are you sure? I want stayed here”

“ just go home, shinhye..” Lee tilted his head at another side, to ignoring her.

“ are you sure? You don’t want I was here, please said it again, look at my eyes and told me to leave you alone”

“yeah.., please leave me alone. Tomorrow, you’ll visited me every time in the jail” Shinhye felt like something was hit her heart so hard when heard what he said.

“ okay.., I’ll obeyed it. i will leave you alone as you want, please take care yourself, and thank you for save me. but, please, don’t expel our mom, when she want to see you, as you has expel me today” her voice was so trembled because she tried to hold her cry, shinhye doesn’t dare to come closer to him even just for touched his hand.

“ just sleep a well, and don’t worry about her” YeonSeok and sangwook getting closer at him. Then, they step out from his room, Sangwook grabbed her arm and lead her to come out. Again, he felt hurt inside his heart when saw them who seem so comforted each other. How come you’re so easy to forget our memory. Then, you has found another man. He is the person?Yes, I really love that I can meet with my mom and my sister, but, is that my fault if I still love you. What should I do if I still love you as my woman, not my little sister.

****

Shinhye opened her eyes slowly, tilted her head when her nose smell a good aroma on the table.
“ Mom…” she tried to sat on the bed, when saw her mom step out in the door.
“ you look so tired, back to sleep again.” Mom turn back at her
“ a smell from your food, was tease me” she smile while take a bowl of ramen.
“ take a off day, I saw you’re so tired” Mom said while fixing shinhye’s hair.
“ I will mom, but not now, maybe next week”
“ wooaah…,I’m full, thank you mom, i’ll take bath now” She placing a lightly kiss on her mom, and toward to the bathroom.
“ shinhye, did your oppa called. Why he didn’t visited me again?” Mom asking about lee, carefully.

Shinhye just take a breath deeply before replied it. actually she was keep silent not tell about Lee to her mom.
“ he was arrested a weeks ago. But he was shot by his friend, because of save me. he still in hospital till now”
“ what?? why you didn’t told me, eh?” Mom shocked heard about him. She just cries a lot.
“ Mom please don’t mad at me, I just to make sure that he was already stable before told to you. I don’t want you took a worried”
“ Mom.. i’m sorry, I the one who you should to blame, it’s all because of me, he save me but I didn’t told to his mom” Shinhye buried her face on her laps.
“ did your dad has know about this?”
“ I’m not sure, but I think he should be know it”
“ I should meet him right now, and you should accompany me” Mom rose her feet toward to her room

Shinhye just hard thinking to escape from Lee, as he said that he doesn’t meet her again. She texted to Sangwook before step into the car.
-senior, please help me, I’m on the way to the hospital with my mom,she want to visited Lee. Please called me 30 minute later then. Please *beg emoticon
-yes I’ll- he replied

Glad they meet with yeonseok who stayed in front of his room.
“ oh, how are you mom?” He bow at her
“ do you want meet him? Seem doctor still inside, wait for second please.“ Yeonseok lead mom to sat. Mom starting to cries while heard the chronology that day.
“ aunty, please don’t hate him, he has save shinhye. Either mad at us. We just didn’t want you sad.”
“how about his condition right now?” Mom tried to talk between sobbing”
“ just meet a doctor to more info about his condition” he pointing to a doctor who recently come out from Lee’s room.

Shinhye step out from doctor’s room, when her phone was rang. Then she notice, a nurse lead her to inside his room.
“Mom, I’m sorry, I should go to office, mr.Won was looking for me, just looking at YeonSeok if you need something” shinhye embrace her mom, who seem so sad,after meet with doctor.
“YeonSeok-kki, I leave my mom with you,called me if something happen with my mom”

Shinhye just looking at the window while sat in the bus. Actually she felt guilty about them, she really want to accompany mom visited him. But she still remember his rejection at the night. When she realized that she was missed one shelter bus. Then, she should walking back to the office. Sangwook asking her about Mom and why she leave her alone in the hospital.
“ do you forget what he said to me that day? he didn’t want me to visited him again”
“ oh my…,it’s doesn’t mean like that shinhye, person,when he still under pressure about his condition, always like that. but actually he really need you” sangwook can’t hold a giggling looking at her. Shinhye just take a breath deeply.
“ but I think it’s good for us, I mean, he should be more accept about our relationship. And I’ll ask to commander to switch me on the other case.”
“ shinhye-yaa.., I’m sorry” his gazed automatically change heard it.
Mr. Wonbin accept her reason about switched onto another case. “You would be not objective in this case”

****
MinNa who was replacing her in this case always send her information about him.Sangwook while she always ask about Lee.
“ senior.. he was like that because of me, if he got trouble, I’ll got hit from my mom.” She raise her voice. Their chit chat was broke by rang of his phone.

MinNa and her notice something bad was happen, from his gaze while talking on the phone.
“something happen with your dad, shinhye, seem he was raging in his cell. Let’s go…”

 

Shinhye just embrace him tightly when they arrived. Prison guard was agrees to unlock the handcuff then they can hugging each other. Sangwook ask the guard to leave them alone.” Don’t worry, they’re family” he said to answer their gaze. As her predicted before, Dad should be shocking heard about Lee. Seem he look so desperate, and blame himself about all this.
“ I didn’t treat him like a normal son,he grew up in the bad situation and got bad influence from me.” He cries a lot on her shoulder.
“ I’m guilty on your mom, shinhye”
“ don’t be like this dad, I’m here with you. Me and Mom glad to meet you again, then oppa too, he should be happy to found his mom again. even you and mom has divorced, we still your son and daughter who need you both.” Shinhye leaned her head on his arm.
“If you want, I will accompany you visited oppa, I’ll got permission from the guard” Shinhye saw his sadness was change suddenly and smile widely when he know he could be visited him.

Shinhye and mom agree to visited lee together,dad will come in the same time with them. Shinhye thought it should be help him to recovery soon

Again she just stayed in the outside chit chat with police staff who was guard him, leave them in the room. She didn’t want ruin their moment. Shinhye just remember what doctor said that Lee have to found a new kidney soon, they was so worried about his old kidney. She opened her eyes widely when mom awake her suddenly.” Your dad looking for you” Mom ask her to inside the room.

“ mom..,I can’t, he still mad at me”

“ don’t worry I’m here. your oppa didn’t dare to expel my daughter” Shinhye walk in to the room without meet his eyes. Dad took her hand to hold his hand, who has hand in hand with dad’s hand. Dad ask mom too, to doing a same thing.

“ Both of you is my children no one who rejected. Everything has happen to you, is not your fault. we never know when we meet who the name is love. Love is never fault.but the love is come to wrong person and the wrong way”

“ Like or dislike this is your fate, we never able to change our fate. I know you really mad at me,I’ll accepted to paid it. I’ll spent my life in the prison till I die. but please, listen my last asked…” dad take a deep breath for awhile, before completing his word. Shinhye just listen carefully his words. She notice mom hand hold his hand tightly, like give him a booster to finishing his words.

“when I inside the jail, please life with peaceful, lee you’re my son, my last hope. please take care your mom and your little sister,I know it was so hard for you lee, but please followed my words, let’s say it’s a last request from me”

“ dad…why you said like that, you didn’t go anywhere, we would visited you everyday” shinhye broke her silent. But dad just smile at her.

“ lee, please said something” Mom caress his hair.Mom really worries about his condition right now. She embrace him carefully without touch his bandages. They turn back at the door when a nurse opened the door.

“excuse me, the time is out, lets the patient take a rest more” she said.

They leave him alone, Mom kissed his forehead before step out the room. Dad ask 5 minute more to a nurse before leave him.

“ Heii.., look at me carefully mr. John Lee. I’m waiting for you to fight me,If you want to protest my words.

“ dad, please don’t be sad. doctor will take care of him. About his case,I’ll tried to my best to help him” Shinhye hug him before inside the car. Shinhye send her dad till the parking, because today she was off. She was agree to accompany mom to visited their new branch restaurant. >>>>