Chapter 9

Horror School!

As Jaeun was on her way walking back home, she felt something or someone was following her from behind. But she just decided to shrugged it off.


--In Jaeun's house--

"You're late today?" Jaeun's mom greeted.

"There are some problem at the school earlier. But it's settled now. And I had to send Seohee home just now because she fainted at the school."

"Fainted? Why? Is she sick?"

"Ermm, later I'll tell you. I'm going up first."

Her mother nodded in understanding. "Oh, ne~ omma has prepared dinner already."

"Ne."


--Jaeun's room--

As Jaeun was washing her face in the bathroom, she stared at her reflection in the mirror. What she saw soon, shocked her. Behind her, a girl was holding a knife and cut her own neck.

"Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!"

Hearing Jaeun's scream, her parents quickly went towards their daughter's room. Then, they saw her lying on the bathroom floor.

"Jaeun! Wake up, Jaeun!" Jaeun's mom shook her body in attempt to gain her consciousness.

"What's wrong with her? Let's take her to the hospital now." Jaeun's dad said urgently.

Soon, Jaeun's parents took their daughter to the hospital. After minutes of waiting outside the ward, the doctor came out and told them that Jaeun fainted just because she was tired. Their parents let out a relief sigh. Then, they took Jaeun home.

On their way home, Jaeun saw a lady carrying a baby at the bus stop. "Appa! Stop! Look at that lady. Pity her and her baby... Why don't we help her?"

The car halted not far from the bus stop. But, Jaeun's parents didn't saw anything nor anyone at the bus stop. "Where? Who are you talking about?" asked Jaeun's mom weirdly.

"She's seeing things. Maybe she's just tired. Let's just go home." Jaeun's dad said.

'But, I'm sure I saw someone there.' Jaeun thought.

Arriving at their house, Jaeun's mom helped Jaeun to her room. "Jaeun~ you go and rest first. If you want to eat anything, later I'll cook."

"Erm, it's okay, omma. My head is still spinning. I just want to sleep."

"If you say so."


The next day, students of Hannyoung Highschool went back to their usual routine. However, some of the students were absent.

Chen arrived and greeted his friends cheerily. "Annyeong! Guys, I saw that many people are not coming to school."

Sehun nodded at him. "Yeah, maybe they're scared because of yesterday's incident? To be honest, I also feel lazy to go to school today."

Chen snickered at him. "You're always lazy. Ah ha! Yesterday, when school ended, what are you guys doing in the theater room?"

Sehun pursed his lips. "Erm, it's hard for me to explain."

"Gwaenchanha~ by the way, what took the girls so long?"

Just then, Seohee and Haneul arrived. "Annyeong guys~"

"Ha! There you are! Annyeong." Chen waved.

"Where's Jaeun?" asked Haneul as soon as she settled herself down.

Sehun looked at the surroundings and lifted both of his shoulders. "Don't know, we don't see her anywhere."

Chen nodded, agreeing with Sehun. "Seohee! Are you okay now?"

Seohee smiled at Chen's caring self. "I'm okay. Thanks for helping me yesterday. I wonder what will happen to me if you guys didn't go and search for me."

"Eh, gwaenchanha-yo~ we're worried about you yesterday, so that's why we're going to find you. Hehe.." Chen grinned sheepishly.

Haneul just rolled her eyes. "Pssh~ you're finding her just because Suho asked you guys, okay?"

"Right." Sehun nodded.

Haneul snorted at the younger guy. "You're just the same." Then, she spotted Suho entered the class. "Eh, Suho!"

Suho smiled at them. "Mianhae, I'm a bit late today. Seohee, how are you now?"

"I'm just doing fine."

"How come you can fainted in front of the toilet yesterday?" Suho started to interrogate Seohee.

The girl scratched her head. "Err, I don't know. I don't remember."

Suho nodded, understanding. "It's okay, I understand.. By the way, where's Jaeun?"

Haneul shrugged. "Don't have any idea. Maybe she's just late. Ha! How's Kai? Is he okay?"

"His dad asked him to transfer school." 

"WHAT?!!" 

The announcement from Suho shocked everyone.

"Waee?!" Sehun whined unknowingly.

"His dad said, because Kai has been seeing too many 'things' you know, like spirit, in this school. Besides, that girl's spirit always disturbed him."

Haneul rubbed her chin, thinking. "Why is she always disturbing Kai anyway?"

"As for that one, I don't know. What sure is, Kai really can see the girl's spirit in the theater room." Suho exclaimed.

"Let's just ask Jaeun later. Maybe she knows something because you know, she also can see those kind of things." said Seohee.

"But, she's not here yet." Haneul voiced out worriedly.

"Annyeong~" Not long after that, Luhan came into the class.

"Annyeong." Noticing someone missing, Suho asked. "Where's Baekhyun?"

"He's not well.. Oh, by the way, I think Jaeun will not attend the school today. I bumped into her mom at the hospital yesterday and she said, Jaeun fainted last night."

"Why?!" Haneul and Seohee exclaimed at the same time.

"Don't know."

"Later, we'll go to her house." Haneul said to Seohee.

"Ne~"

And the day carried on as usual.