Chapter 3

Horror School!

As soon as Suho's car halted in front of Baekhyun and Luhan's house, they came out of the car.

"So, you guys live here together?" asked Suho as he jerked his head out of the car's window.

Baekhyun nodded at his question. "Yup. Thanks, Suho!"

"Yeah, thanks for sending us home!" Luhan chirped.

"Okay, no problem." Suho replied as he drove off the road.

Noticing the silence air, he turned around. "Why are you two so quiet?"

"Err... we don't know what to say? Heheh..." Seohee sheepishly smiled. Well, the truth is because the two boys are around, so she can't mutter any words.

"Guys, I'm curious about something. When we first enter the school, did you feel anything?" Jaeun blurted out suddenly.

Suho and Seohee shook their head. "Nope, why?"

Jaeun hesitated at first, but she decided to just say it out to them. "At the school just now, I heard... a voice calling for help. But I act like I don't care."

Seohee immediately turned behind only to see her friend's frightened face. "Are you for serious?"

"At first I thought maybe someone wanted to pull a prank on me so, I just waved it off. But, the voice that I heard came from the theater room beside our class."

Suho took a glance at the back-view mirror as he spoke. "Well, many students said that there's a trapped soul or something in the room but, I also don't bother myself with that."

Seohee side-eyed Suho with a question mark on her head. "Is it true what they said?"

He shrugged. "I don't know."


--In Baekhyun and Luhan's house--

"Hyung!"

Luhan threw his bag somewhere in the living room as he plopped himself beside Baekhyun on the couch. "Yes, me?"

Baekhyun fumbled with his finger nervously, thinking on how to tell his hyung about earlier. "I...I want to tell you something. But, I'm afraid if you don't believe me."

Luhan let out a chuckle at the sight of his stuttering friend. "How to not believe you when you don't even tell me anything yet?"

"Oh well, when we're at the school just now, I saw................."

"Saw what?"

Baekhyun breathed out heavily as he trailed off. "I saw someone waving at me."

Silence.

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! Are you kidding me? What? You're trying to say someone wooed you?"

Knowing this coming, Baekhyun snapped at the older guy. "Aish! It's not like that! Ugh! It's hard talking to you."

Noticing his friends' serious expression, Luhan calmed down. "Sorry, sorry. I just... thought that you were kidding. So, what is it seriously? Tell me."

Baekhyun chewed his lips before continued. "Just now, I accidentally glanced at the room at the end of the school building. And, I saw a girl waving her hands at me."

"Who?... Wait!" Remembering something, Luhan turned to his friend with furrowed eyebrows. "Aren't we the only one left at the school? As far as I noticed, we're the last one to go when Suho came to pick us up."

"Exactly! And... you know what? Her condition looks horrible! I mean, with the messy hair and all."

"Is she wearing our school uniform?"

"I don't know. I didn't noticed that. What I only saw is, she's waving at me."

Feeling the hair behind his neck stood, Luhan tried to relieve his heart. "Nahh~ it's night time already. Maybe you mislook or something."

Baekhyun nodded at his friend's statement, also tried to calm his own self. "Maybe."

 

The next day, students of Hannyoung High School carried out their routine as usual.

Jaeun who just arrived, beamed at her friends in the class. "Annyeong, girls!"

"Annyeong!" the two girls replied.

Realizing that the class is not noisy as usual, Jaeun raised one of her eyebrows. "Where's Suho and the others?"

"In the room next door." Haneul answered.

Hearing her answer, Jaeun widened her eyes. "What.are.they.doing.there?"

"Don't know." Seohee also feeling curious but she just shrugged it off.

Just then, Kai stepped into the class with a clearly horrified expression wore on his face.

Jaeun crossed her brows looking at him. "What's with that face?"

Kai approached them as he spoke in a low tone. "You guys didn't go to the room next door?"

Haneul and Seohee shook their head.

"Why should us? Is there something in the room?" Jaeun cast him a questioning look.

"Promised me first. You will NEVER tell anyone about this." Kai asked urgently.

"O...kay?" Haneul trailed.

Kai cleared his throat before saying it out. "Just now, Sehun and I were talking in the room, at the furthest window. Then, Sehun went to meet D.O. And I'm left alone in the room-"

"Why would you guys even went there in the first place?" Haneul cut him off.

"Haneul, let him finished his story first, okay? So, what happened after that?" Jaeun allowed Kai to continue.

"After that, I looked outside the window, and... and... I saw a girl's spirit. A girl's spirit that trying to commit suicide. I want to scream at that time but I can't. I feel like my voice caught in my throat. So, I just dashed over here."

As he end the story, Seohee was the first one to spoke up. "Why did you guys keep on talking about ghost? Yesterday, Jaeun. And now, you!"

"Well, the truth is, there is really a girl's spirit in the room. But, most of the new students didn't know about that." Haneul responded.

Jaeun then snapped her fingers, grabbing their attention. "Speaking of which, the soft voice that asked for my help, I want to investigate about that."

Kai dropped his jaws. "What? Why? Wait! You heard a voice calling for help?!"

Jaeun nodded her head like a peacock. "I heard that everytime. Since the first day I stepped into this school. Even yesterday!"

Kai's hands were shaking slightly at the fact that Jaeun and him experienced the same thing. "I... I heard it too."

Seohee hugged her own body at the goosebumps she received. "That's... scary."

But, brave Haneul just shook it off. "Just let it be, guys. As long as we don't disturb the 'thing', it wil not disturb us too, right?"

Out of the blue, Chen jumped and into their conversation. "Disturb what???"

Haneul hissed at him immediately. "Ugh! You're so busybody. Go away, shoo shoo!"

"Ugh! You're so busybody. Go away, shoo shoo! Hahahahahahahahah!" Haneul rolled her eyes as Chen playfully mimicked her.