Chapter 1

Horror School!

--Skip-- 

(Fast forward to year 2014)

School holiday is over and it’s time for the students to come back to school. Jaeun and her two best friends entered the school and straight to their class. 

As usual, Jaeun and Seohee carried out their duty as the school’s prefect. While their other friend, Haneul lend a hand to Mr. Jaesuk who was busy settling new transfer students into the school at the office.

At the class, there’s Jaeun and Seohee. Looking at the student’s frightened face, Seohee’s forehead roughened. “Why are all their faces as white as a sheet?”

“Well, that’s usual. First day of school re-open, they’re always like that.” Jaeun shrugged it off.

“But they should be happy that they’re going to meet their friends again after a long break.” Seohee stated in a matter-of-fact tone.

Jaeun just rolled her eyes. “Ah, just let them be. Now, let’s go to the teacher’s office, shall we?”

“Alright!”

 

On their way to the office, they walk past a practice room. Seohee suddenly stopped in front of the room which made Jaeun came to a halt too.

Seohee who felt a sudden gust of air, mumbling to herself, “Why do I feel uneasy?”

“Anything wrong?” asked Jaeun, looking at her friend’s rough expression.

Snapped back to reality, Seohee shrugged it off. “Nothing. Let’s get going.” With one last look at the room, they continued walking.

---------------------------------------

On the other side, two boys are heading towards the teacher’s office as well. While they were busy talking, one of the boys bumped into Seohee.

“Ouch! Hey, someone is trying to walk here! Did you switch your eyes for your knee or what?” Seohee scolded him.

The boy with black hair apologized to her. “Mianhaeyo.”

“Next time, watch where you’re going.”

“Nae.”

The other boy and Jaeun smiled by themselves looking at those two. Then, the two boys left. After Jaeun and Seohee dropped by the principal’s office, they made their way towards the designated destination.

Fate seems to be playing with them.

At the teacher’s office, Jaeun and Seohee met the two boys they just met earlier.

“These two again.” Said Seohee as she glared at the boy who knocked into her just now.

A sigh escaped from Jaeun’s mouth. “Let it go already, will ya? It was unintentional. Besides, the boy already apologized, right?”

“Hmm… Alright alright.”

Jaeun who knows her best friend well, shook her head “Control the temper, missy. Oh! That’s Haneul!”

Waving at Haneul, the two girls made their way towards her. “Annyeong!” they said simultaneously.

Haneul greeted them with a bright smile. “Annyeong! Hey, didn’t you just say that you’re going to meet the principal?”

“We did. Just came back from the bald’s office.” Jaeun answered. 

Hearing the words ‘bald’s office’, the other two chuckled. Aigoo… Jaeun and her nickname for the principal.

After settling their business at the office, the trio went back to their class.

 

-In the class-

Seohee glared at Haneul who was yawning non-stop since the moment they stepped into the school. “Oh my gosh! It’s just seven hours after holiday for god’s sake! Don’t you get enough sleep, princess?”

Haneul smiled sheepishly. “Eheh… Maybe.”

Seohee was about to shoot back to Haneul when their homeroom teacher entered the class with two familiar-looking boy.

After saying their greet for the teacher, the whole class settled down themselves. Their homeroom teacher, Mr. Jaesuk asked the two boys which are the new transfer students, to introduce themselves. Full attention was on them.

“Annyeong haseyo! I’m Byun Baekhyun.” The hazel brown-haired boy bowed.

Then, followed by the black-haired boy. “Annyeong haseyo! I’m Luhan.”

As the boys flashed their charming smile, all of the girl’s student stunned and squealed. Well, except for Seohee.

Jaeun who sat beside Seohee, nudged the hot-tempered girl. “Isn’t that the guy who knocked into you just now?”

“Yeah, so?” Seohee simply answered. Jaeun pouted unsatisfied at the cold answer she got.

‘Hmm… he’s not bad.’ Seohee thought after examining Luhan’s face.

Then, Mr. Jaesuk clapped his hands twice to get the student’s attention. “Okay, class! I have a meeting after this so, I don’t want you all to make any noise. You’re not kindergarten kids anymore. Please give some co-operation, okay?”

“Nae!”

With that, he left.

“You two, sit beside the window back there. That’s the only empty spot in this class.” Being a responsible leader a.k.a class monitor he is, Suho assisted Luhan and Baekhyun where to sit.

The two new students thanked him.

Then, Kai beamed up at them. “Annyeong~ where are you guys from?”

“I’m this citizen, Luhan is from Beijing, China.” Baekhyun answered on behalf of both of them.

Kai’s best friend, Sehun and a bunch of boys appeared from behind. “Wow! You’re from China!”

Lay stared at Sehun. “I’m from China too!”

Sehun smiled sheepishly. “Heheh… You think you’re the only one?”

“Well, there’s many more.”

Haneul shook her head, looking at those two. “You two stop your bickering. Remember! Don’t show your dark side to new people.”

“Ohoh~ Haneul wanna be a good girl!” Chen snickered.

“What’s wrong with you? Isn’t it good enough already that I’m giving a piece of advice to them?” Haneul stucked out her tongue to Chen.

“Yeah yeah, like you said, don’t show your dark side to new people.” Lay imitated her which made Haneul realized what she just did. Sehun, Suho, Baekhyun, Luhan, Lay and Chen laughed.

Haneul got angry and went back to her seat.

Noticing the dark cloud, Jaeun asked. “What has gotten into you? Being mad this early morning, eh?”

Haneul crossed her arms, unsatisfied. “Those guys at the back boiled my blood this early morning!”

Seohee who sat beside Jaeun, shook her head. “They’re always like that since before. Guess their attitude will never change.”

“Girls, it’s boys we’re talking about. Every boys are like that.” Said Jaeun.

Minutes later, their maths teacher entered the class. Throughout the class, Jaeun heard a weird sound but she just shrugged it off.

 

KRING!!!

The bell rung, signaling its recess time already. Students were rushing to the canteen and some of them just playing around.

“Baek, so where are you planning to go?” Luhan asked his best friend.

“Well, I’ll just follow where you go.”

“Don’t you want to eat first?”

“Nahh~ it’s first day in new school, I’m lazy to eat. Are you going to the canteen?”

“Hmm… no. In that case, let’s tour this whole school.” Luhan suggested.

“Do you know the school’s route well? Just to remind you, this school is huge.”

“Aish! It’s not like we’re in a forest. If we ever get lost, we can ask the teacher around.”

“You’re right! Well then, let’s go!” Baekhyun slung his arm around Luhan’s necl and both of them started touring the school.

 

Meanwhile…

“Girls, let’s go to the library!” Seohee jumped.

“Oh yeah, let’s go!” said Haneul.

“You guys go first. I’m going to drop by the toilet for a while.” Jaeun smiled.

“Okay!”

Leaving Jaeun, the two girls went to the library. On their way there, they ran into Kai and Sehun.

“Oh? Where are you guys going?” asked Seohee.

“Library. You guys?” Kai asked back.

Seohee flashed a bright smile. “Hey, we’re heading to the same place. Let’s go together.”

 

On the other side, Jaeun who was in the toilet, just about to wash her hands. And again, she heard that weird noises but she just ignored it. After settling her business in the toilet, she went straight to the library.

 

Back to BaekLu tour…

“Wow! This school is quite big!” Luhan gaped at how huge the school is.

Baekhyun just chuckled at Luhan being a five-year old kid. “What can you say? It’s a rich school.”

“Hahah! Not only rich, okay.”

 

-In the library-

“Hey, what takes you so long in the toilet? Is it many people there?” asked Seohee as Jaeun arrived at the library.

“No. It’s just that… I heard weird noises just now but I ignored it.”

“Maybe someone is trying to scare you off.” Haneul grinned.

Jaeun rolled her eyes. “Ah! Just let them be, I don’t care.”

“Right.” Seohee agreed to Jaeun.