Chapter 10

Horror School!

As soon as the school ended, Haneul and Seohee decided to go to Jaeun's house. Meanwhile, Sehun, Suho and Chen were going to visit Kai.

Arriving in front of Jaeun's house, Haneul pressed the bell. After a while, Jaeun's mom opened the door. "Eh? Haneul! Seohee!"

"Annyeonghaseyo ajumma~" Haneul and Seohee bowed.

"Nae, annyeong~ are you guys coming to visit Jaeun?"

"Nae~ ajumma. Where's Jaeun?" asked Haneul politely.

"Come in first, Jaeun is in her room. You two can go upstairs. I'll go and serve the drinks later."

Then, Haneul and Seohee went towards Jaeun's room. There they saw Jaeun lying on her bed. "Annyeong Jaeun!"

Jaeun looked up from her phone and smiled at them. "Eh, annyeong. Guys, why don't you call before coming?"

Seohee smiled sheepishly. "Forgot about that. Ha! Luhan said that you fainted last night. Why? Are you sick anywhere?"

"Erm, that's what I want to tell you guys. Luckily you come."

"What is it?" asked Haneul impatiently.

"Yesterday, after sending Seohee home, I sensed something was following me from behind, but I feign ignorance."

"Then?" Seohee raised her eyebrows.

"As soon as I got home, I went towards the toilet to wash my face. When I looked into the mirror, suddenly I saw a girl behind me. At that time, she was holding a knife and cutting her own neck."

Seohee furrowed her eyebrows. "Eeerr, so that's the reason you fainted?"

Jaeun nodded. "I want to tell my mom last night but, I'm afraid if she don't believe me."

Haneul patted her shoulder. "I guess better if you tell her. Or else, you'll be in trouble."

Jaeun sighed. "Hmm, I'll tell her later, if I got the suitable time."

Seohee suddenly snapped her fingers. "Ha! Suho said that Kai is going to transfer school. His father asked him to."

Before Jaeun can react, Haneul added. "One more! Do you know why the girl's spirit at our school always meddled with Kai?"

Jaeun raised an eyebrow at them. "Eh, don't you guys know that Kai was once the girl's lover?"

That made the two girls to widened their eyes. "FOR REAL?!"

Jaeun nodded. "Kai told Sehun about that since Sehun is his best friend."

"But why Sehun never tell us before?" Haneul wondered.

"Erm, I don't know" Jaeun shrugged.

"Never mind. Continue your story." Seohee said.

Jaeun trailed off. "Well, Kai like that girl but she doesn't like Kai. So, Kai forced that girl to like him."

"Then, what happened?" asked Haneul.

"Then, they became a couple for quite a long period. But one day, the girl saw Kai going out with Sora. You know Sora, right?"

"Sora the school's top prefect?" Haneul guessed.

"Yup. The girl always watched Kai and Sora."

"So? The girl commit suicide because Kai was cheating on her?" Seohee concluded.

Jaeun nodded. "That's why Kai's always disturb by the girl's spirit."

"Okay, now I know." Haneul exclaimed.

"One more, you guys promise to not tell anyone about this." Jaeun added.

"Okay! Poor Kai..."

"Hmm, but why am I the one who always see those paranormal things?" Jaeun tapped her chin.

Seohee lifted both of her shoulders. "Whatever it is, you must stay strong."

"That's right." Haneul supported.


--In Kai's house--

"Annyeonghaseyo Kai-shii!" Suho greeted with a hint of tease as soon he and his friend is in the lad's house.

"Annyeong." Kai greeted back as he led the boys to his room.

"You're face is so pale. Kai, are you okay?" Chen asked as soon as they settled themselves down on the couch inside Kai's room.

Kai rubbed his nape. "I don't know hyung, I always heard voice of someone screaming."

"Dude, this is all because you cheated on her before. I warned you before, not to cheat on her." Sehun accidentally spilled the bean.

Suho caugh his interest. "Cheat? On who?" The other boys were blur at Sehun's statement.

Kai sent daggers through his glare towards Sehun. "Aish! You!"

Sehun bit his tongue in regret. "It's slip... out."

Kai just shook his head. There's nothing he can do anyway. "Hermm, I guess I'll just tell you guys."

"Spill." Chen said impatiently.

Kai heaved a breath before started off. "Before this, I like a girl named Hyeri. She's the one who commit suicide at our school. You know?"

The guys nodded. "But, why? I mean, doesn't she older than you?" Suho blurted out.

Kai shrugged. "Well, puppy love, hyung. But this Hyeri girl didn't like me. So, I forced her to like me. And we coupled later."

"Then?" Chen raised his eyebrows.

"There's one day, when we got evening class, she saw me with Sora. Since from that incident, she kept on calling and texting me every night. But I ignore it."

Suho slapped his arms. "Why did you ignore it?"

Kai rolled his eyes. "Because at that time, I don't have feelings left towards her."

"So that's the reason why Hyeri commit suicide? Because of you?" Chen scoffed unbelievably.

Kai scratched his head confusedly. "Hmm... I guess?"

"That's enough for now. You need to rest." Sehun comforted Kai.


That night, Kai sat at the porch with his father. His father cleared his throat before spoke. "Kai, have you think about you trasnferring school?"

His son let out a heavy sigh. "I'm okay with that but... it's sad to leave my friends at school. They're all nice to me."

"I understand. But you'll get more friends at your new school later, trust me. Besides, you're always disturbed by that 'thing' in your school. There's no other choice left. So, I'm going in first."

"Okay."

As his father went inside the house, Kai kept on thinnking about the girl's spirit, Hyeri, his ex-girlfriend. Kai raked his hair in frustration. 'It's my fault that I left her before.'

As Kai was about to enter the house, he heard a soft voice calling for his name. He glanced at the surroundings nervously. Somewhere at the tree, he saw it! Hyeri's spirit! Hyeri's clothes was soaked in blood and her face looks so horrible. Feeling afraid, Kai entered the house as fast as lightning and straight to his bedroom. As he settled himself down on his bed, he breathed heavily as terror washed over him.