Later, later

My Husband, He's a Fire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

She stood before him; trying to make sure he was listening and not going anywhere. Her eyes only focused on his, but then averted to his now dark hair. She instinctively brought her hands up to touch his hair, feeling them with her fingers.

In the other hand, Daehyun didn’t know what to do or what answer should he give.

“Just how did this—its—real” Jangmi mumbled as she gasped in awe and confusion. It was confirmed that it was indeed his real hair. Not a wig, but real hair.

It was funny how she even thought of Daehyun wearing a wig. After all, this is Shin Jangmi; someone whose brain was full of wonders. From a vampire jumping through the window, to changing hair colour because of an illness; they were just simply ridiculous. But nothing’s impossible, she believed.

Just like how Daehyun was born half- demon and half-human. And Daehyun ended up being married to Jangmi because of a kiss.

This time, Jangmi might find out about something at the same level of her imagination.

“How did you do that?” The female asked, his hair while examining it.

“This is not the first time right?” She added, getting a little annoyed at the fact he was dodging her questions. There must be no next time. Her curiosity was beyond her patience. The frown on her face explained that she was serious.

“Daehyun…” Jangmi muttered, staring into Daehyun’s eyes. Only if she could read his mind, will it make everything better? His facial features hinted the things that were going on his mind. What could possibly be the problem that he couldn’t say anything straight off? Maybe he was hesitating.

Yes, that’s it. “You’re hesitating,” She remarked, a bit more relaxed than a few seconds ago.

To say that he was not a human will be too complicated for her to accept – and too hard for him to explain.  Saying that he is a demon wouldn’t make it any better.

What should I do now? Tell her everything?

Again, he heaved a sigh, finally regaining his composure while collecting final thoughts. Holding her busy hands, Daehyun gently brought it down.

 “It is nothing, it’s just—I, “Daehyun paused, having a hard time getting rid of the hesitations.  “All I can say that, I was born this way.”

His eyes met hers, only this time assuring Jangmi that they were in the same world. Both were paying attention to one another.

But that didn’t assured her that that was the answer she wanted.

“Is that all? But how? And why? I know there’s more to it; what are you trying to hide?” One solved, and then another appeared. Questions were thrown but the explanation was only one.

“I’m afraid that, I can’t explain it very well.” The male said and continued, “I’m also afraid, that you can’t handle the consequences of knowing everything.”

The air suddenly became suffocating. Just how serious this matter was that made everything seeme

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter