Fools

In the city

Chapter 2 : Fools

 

A cold breeze brushes Bom's cheeks. It was early in the morning, and the sound of the cars is not yet cover the one of the birds. Yes, you can sometimes hear some bird song in the suburbs of Seoul.

Bom has an ecstatic smile plastered on her face, today is going to be the best day of her life : a day of recording session with a big producer.

She stops in front of the door and rings. She waited but nothing came. After some hard knocks on the door and yelling, she sees a fat man with only few hairs of moustache come out from the next door. That must be the janitor.

« Will you stop ! Some people are trinying to finish their night ! »

« Excuse me Sir, I have an appointement and nobody is opening to me... »

« There's n one at this number, the loan ended yesterday. », he answers grumpy.

« What ? But this is impossible there was a man here, a famous producer ! »

The janitor looks at her quizzicaly.

« You know a man a bit taller than me with a long black coat and sun glasses ! And yes, he had blond hair, in a mess I admit... and he calls girls ladies ! »

« Ah this weird guy, yes, he is the one that left yesterday. Listen, I don't want to know what was he doing in here, it's not my business. You should go back home and stop to hang out with this kind of guy, I advise you. »

« But... »

« Clear off now ! You made enough noise ! » and he slammed the door in her face.

Bom was shocked. She stays here for a while, motionless. « What is happening ? » And realisation hits her, brutal. She has been victim of a swindle.

 

 

 

 

It was lunch time and Hayi was eating with her friends in the cafetaria. She hadn't sleep well and the girls asked her several times why she was so sleepy and she just said she had nightmares which was right in fact. Yes, nightmares because of a simple encounter with a stupid boy, a pain in the for the entire society. She should have closed his big mouth !

Thinking about him, she sees him at a table further, with his friends, boys who seem as stupid as him. She usually doesn't judge people like that but she was just angry and... in her mind.

« You ! You don't know that it's rude to stare at people like that ? »

She raised her head and gasped when she saw that he was in front of her.

« Close your mouth, you'll drool country girl. »

« Wait, what are you saying ? Why are you even talking to me ?! » Her face was red of anger.

« So red ! Here's some water to cool you... » and saying to acting, he spills the content of his bottle of water on her. She was totaly soaked.

He smirks at her and returns with his friends. Everybody was looking at her. There was some students who were laughing. She stays up quietly and walks to the toilets leaving some puddle of water. Her nightmares are coming true.

 

After drying herserlf, she changes into her sport clothes that she brought for the afternoon class. Soon, Jennie and Eunbi come to see her.

« Do you know this boy ? » « What did he do that ? » « I think he is in class B. » « What a jerk ! » « Hayi ? Are you alright ? »

All their questions were flowing her but she was angry at the moment, angry against herself for not reacting. This boy shows her her limits. She decides to answer them :

« I don't know him, I don't know why he did that... It's just a jerk. »

« But Hayi... »

« I think I'll go back home, I'll justify it to the teacher tomorrow. Thanks. »

« Ok, rest yourself but you'd better say what's happening soon. »

« Sorry, but I've to go. Bye. »

And she leaves them like that. She wanted to cry but stayed still. Why is this guy so rude and mean?

 

 

When Hayi came back home, she found Bom crying over her bed. She immediately rushed to her.

« Unnie why are crying ? » she says consoling her.

« oneuh teuh zeuh deuh bwoneuh ... » Her face on her bed makes it difficult to hear.

« I don't understand... »

« He stole me 1,000,000Won ! »she yells standing up.

« Who ? »

« The producer ! »

She raises her head, tears water all her face and she got her lips swelled.

« Beuheu... Hayi your unnie is a goddamn fool ! Stupid ! » Bom wanted to punch herself. She was so desesperated.

« Oh unnie don't speak like that ! You're the strongest, you'll fight ! I 'll help you ! »

She stops crying and looks at her tearingly :

« You're my best cousin Hayi.", making a pause, "You're right ! Straighten up Bom ! You can do this ! »

« Yes you can do this ! »

She turns her head to Hayi, her knuckle still raised and smiles. And the smile transforms into laugh, she was ridiculous!

«  Unnie is acting like a fool ! One time I'm crying all my heart and the next I'm laughing like a maniac ! » She says between two giggles.

« I'm a fool too unnie, I'm a fool too. »

They were keeping laughing for several minutes and then started to make dinner. Hayi proposed to search for a job in order to help Bom and the latter accepted saying that she'll get one more job herself. They will work hard to repay this bill to be clear as soon as possible, giving each other moral support.

 

 

 

The next day, at lunch pause, Hayi decides to go to the dance club to see Minji. Minji was a friend of Bom unnie and currantly studying in the near college. She was a kind and energic girl, always ready to help. Her talent was dance, she has rythm in her body. She was training hard everyday to reach the pro level and get her licence as a dance teacher, but she was only at the beggining.

Hayi sees her comes out and walks to her.

« Hi Minji ! »

« Hi Hayi ! What's up ? Living now as a real city girl ! »

« It's cool », she smiles, « but I want to talk to you about something... » It bothered her to disturb her unnie for school's problems, but she didn't want to bother Bom even more because of the swindle.

« No problem I'm up for a girl talk » and she follows her on the bench.

« There's a boy... »

« Is he cute ? »

« No ! No, he is a complete jerk ! I'm aware that you can't judge people you don't know but him, he spills his damn bottle on me ! »

« What ! No reasons ? »

« I don't know, it must be my face, me... I was doing nothing ! »

« I can't get over it, he bullied you ! »

« It's not that harsh... »

« Hayi, you have to be defended. I'll speak about it to my teacher. He got many boys from your school as his students. »

« Thanks Minji, you're a great unnie. I'm lucky to have you and Bom unnie. »

« I'll do anything to help you, you're so sweet. »

They smiled and said goodbye to each other. Hayi was better, the concern that showed Minji comforted her, she had not many friends in this city, all is new.

 

She was walking back to school, when a boy comes along. She speads up but he yells at her : « Wait ! »

She stops and look at him, he was from the school, not very tall with brown hair and big eyes, cute face. He catches his breath and said :

« I want to talk to you about Hanbin. »

« Hanbin ? »

« Yes, Kim Hanbin, the guy who spilled his bottle on you... sorry. » He seems bothered by what happened yesterday.

« It's not your fault you know...hmm, you're his friend ? »

« Yes, I'm the friend of the jerk », he says smiling. He was trying to joke to relax the atmosphere. He seems nice, not like his friend.

« Oh and sorry I'm Song Yoonhyeong. »

« Lee Hayi » He stretchs his hand and she shakes it. He began serious :

« You know boys can be idots sometimes, but what did Hanbin is... is the worst. I think he just wanted to... to catch your attention. », he said with hesitation.

« Why ? I don't understand. »

« Ok I'll be clearer, I think that in a way he likes you but doesn't know how to show it. You know, even with us, his friends, he is like this. He can argue with you just to make you admit that he is right whereas he could just have gived a simple advice. Well, he is acting like a jerk. »

Hayi thinks about what the guy was saying, is this Hanbin a fool ? Why doesn't he talk calmly with people ?

« I'm not trying to excuse him, he should apologize to you... he knows that. »

« Hmmm... well, thank you... it's really kind of you. He is lucky to have a good friend like you. » She gives him a tiny smile and he responds her.

«  Thank you as well. I think it's time to go.", he says watching his phone. "I'm on this way, see you !"

« See you... »

Hayi was in her thoughts, the words of this nice boy makes everything questionning. His friend... Has he tried to warn her this first day, warn her about the danger of this city ? Inside, she knew it. Even Bom unnie who is so stong has been tricked. But they swear themself to fight no matter what happened. « Keep your head up, Hayi. »

She wondered about this boy who has a true friend. Kim Hanbin... now she knew his name.

 

 

******

 

Hello, it's me again, second chapter! (and some other mistakes :p) so much dialogue, I'll be better next time.

Boring chapter but stay tune for the next one, more action ;)

I hope you like the story. Enjoy and comment!

Love for all of you,

wanderingmood