Noises

In the city

Chapter 11 : Noises

 

The brunette woman felt just as she was in a cocoon, warm and cosy, she was enjoying this peacefulness after those terrible nightmares. She didn't want to wake up, to face this tyranic world, but her consciousness quickly caught up with her. Soon, her problems surfaced her mind and then drived to her deeper questions. She lost herself in her thoughts for a moment : the gradual aversion for her job, it had began boring, maybe it is why she have played the detective as in a movie, such a fool to act that way, reality soon caught her. Moreover, she was loosing her will to avenge the dragon, her feelings were mixed about him she has been afraid of him when he had tried to harass her and in the meantime she had feel safe with him when the men were leading them to YG's office.

 

« Dara »

It was Youngbae calling her. She quit her safe bed and greeted him. He smelled aftershave and it reminded her she had to take a shower.

« Dara, I don't want you to go back there, never. » He felt guilty, it was him that indicated her the place.

« Don't worry, I think I loose the game anyway. », she answered, hopeless.

« Dara, you know we can catch them in a different manner... », he tried and she simply walked away to the bathroom.

 

 

It was the morning pause and Hayi was trying to help Jenny with her english homework. Eunbi was watching them grinning at their prononciation.

They were trying to say tired, when a special boy came in their classroom. Everybody went silent, surprised to see him there.

« Hayi... it's him », whispered Jenny.

« Who ? », she said in a loud voice and gasped when she saw Hanbin in front of her.

« Hey... I wanted to ask you if you're free this weekend ? », he asked uneasy. He took all his courage to come here after the shame he felt when she had see him steal.

Eunbi and Jenny looked at the two wide-eyed. Did they missed an episode ? Last time he was spilling water on her and now he wanted to go out with her.

« Huh... » Hayi was pleasantly surprised to see him. « Yes... why not ? Where it is ? »

« Ye-yeah... It'll be at the college's sports hall... Well, we can meet at 16:00... hmm, there will be the boys and if you want you can bring your friends, it's a rap contest. »

Eunbi and Jenny looked at each other, they liked rap but especially the cute boys who did it. Starting to squeal they nudge Hayi who let escape an annoyed face.

« Right, we'll be there », she smiled despite her friends' reaction.

« Okay great... so see you soon ! »

« See you ! »

Hanbin was glad she accepted and can't help to smile to himself. When he exited her classroom, five boys who were trying to hide themselve stared at him with a big grin.

« Aisht... » and he walked away of those idiots.

« Hey lover boy, wait for us ! », they yelled following him.

 

 

« Hey, it's time for a break ! »

Seungri raised his head to see a smirking Chaerin. He sighed in anticipation, he knew that despite the alcohol of last night she remembered him telling his worries about Dara.

« Ok, let's have lunch », he said taking his coat.

Once in the coffe shop, he was ready for her questioning, even if he didn't want to divulge Dara's secrets, but it was too much of a burden. This morning he had call Youngbae for news and had learn that she didn't go to work and was morally low.

« I know her ? », Chaerin asked.

« Hmm no but maybe you had seen her once or twice from afar, I meet her sometimes during pauses. She is my best friend. »

« She is someone important to you... »

« I know you can't see me as a manly man who can protect women, but Dara she threw herself in a bad situation and I think I'll be capable of anything if something happened to her... »

« Ok calm down Seungri, you're about to make me cry », she joked and they laughed a bit. Then she asked seriously : « What kind of situation ? »

And Seungri decided to tell her the whole story : Bom's swindle, informations about the crook G-Dragon thanks to Top, Dara's meeting with Yougbae his former friend, her nights at the casino...

Chaerin titlted her head at Jiyong and YB's names. Seungri stopped his whining about how in danger Dara was when he saw Chaerin's perplexed face.

« Chae-ah... what's wrong ? » Chaerin was a strong woman and there was a few things that can perturb her like that.

« Hmm nothing »

« Come on, it's your turn now »

« Well, I think I can really help your friend », she paused « those men... I know them. »

 

 

Seunghyun was making his way to the underground station, with a concerned look he checked Dara's last text : the number and adress of Youngbae, he had to go there to sort things with them. He wasn't paying intention and it's only when he raised his head to the station screen that he saw her in a beautiful pink dress.

 

Bom had finished her day too and had met Hayi at the station to give her her diner for her late classes because she was preparing the final exam of the semester.

« Take care of yourself and don't miss the bus this time ! », she warned her.

« Deh omma », joked Hayi at her cousin's behaviour.

« Don't call me that ! », but she was already gone. Bom was proud of this little hardworking girl. Sighing, she walked to the platform waiting when she noticed him in suit and tie.

 

Seunghyun had see Bom talking in a motherly way to this young girl, but didn't hear a word with the crowd. He approached them but the girl was already gone. He felt happy when Bom finaly noticed him in all this crowded station, and lucky that they were waiting at the same platform. Destiny shows at times you don't expect.

« Hi ! », she greeted him. « How are you ? » Plus, she didn't seem agressive.

« Well, a bit busy but good I think and you ? » It was a bit akward for them to talk normaly to each other after they had argued on a first meeting.

« Good but tired as well, it's the end of the day. », she answered.

« Where are you working now ? », he asked remembering her will to get a second job in order to reapy her debt.

« In a clothes shop, women clothes, it's nice. I made new friends and I'm thinking about stopping my other job at the cafe when I'll be no more indebt. » She was smiling and Seunghyun thought that he prefered to see her in her calm and actually cute state.

« Oh, I'm glad you found something that correspond you. »

« Do you have news about Dara ? I texted her yesterday and she didn't answer me whereas usualy she's fast. »

The subject he didn't want to broach. Bom didn't know a single thing about Dara's actions and himself wasn't sure of the actual situation, he would know tonight.

« I didn't see her at the court today, you know sometimes there's too much work and we can't meet... » He wasn' a good liar so instead he prefered to give her a vague answer.

« Oh ok... I think I've to wait a bit more, maybe I'm too impatient...»

Then, there was a gap, not knowing what to say, they stayeded there not even looking the other's eyes. Top finaly broke the silence :

« Was she your daughter ? »

 

Bom stared at him wide-eyed and then screamed, causing to Top and the people around to put their fingers and their ears : « Do you think I'm that old to have a daughter ?!! » But she didn't have the time to say more the train coming in a deafening sound.

 

 

 

*******

Hello! a short chapter to wait for the next... What can be CL's past? Anyway, thank you so much to subscribe and comment, it make me so happy! Kisses,

-wanderingmood