Wonderwoman

In the city

End of the hiatus (since december), the story will continue! I put this summary to remind you where stopped the story and to follow it more easily:)

Summary: Hayi is recently having bad results at school because of her part-time job and mostly her feelings for Hanbin, she is warned : her scholarship is in danger. Hanbin is feeling more distance between him and Hayi, he doesn't know that the reason is Hayi's friend Jennie who is in love with him. Finances are getting better for the two cousins, Bom found a new job as a singer in a bar added to her job as a saleswoman, she wants to invite her friends to her premiere, Seunghyun in particular and Sandara who she has not see for a while. The thing is she is not aware of her friend's problems.

To protect his business, YG let the police catch G-Dragon in a credit cards affair. GD has been investigated for some years by police chief Teddy, a friend of Seunghyun, he lets himself arrested. Mino failed to catch GD nor finding him with the use of Hanbin who considers him as a rival now. He is searching him for an unknown reason. GD is Chaerin and Youngbae's former friend and Hanbin's bad hyung, he told them he will be put in jail.

Sandara is still threatened by YG, she is staying at Youngbae's flat to hide. Youngbae, Seunghyun, Seungri and Chaerin are supporting her by searching any piece of information they can find about GD and YG to improve her situation. However, Youngbae has to persuade Sandara to speak in favor of GD at his trial after the two vowed to protect her.

 

 

Chapter 20 : Wonderwoman

 

By a cold winter afternoon, Hayi was putting the bins out of the convenient store. Her hands felt sore by scanning articles all day, so she laboriously dragged the big bin on the snow-covered pavement. It was two days before Christmas and it seemed people wanted to please their loving ones with every occasion they encountered, even such little things as sweets in a cheap convenient store. A generous schoolgirl even bought candies for all her class today. « She must have some money that I don't have. », had bitterly thought Hayi at the moment ; but again this was just a schoolgirl living at her parents' and not a student like her who had to afford herself. However, a happy piece of news quickly get rid of her bad mood : Bom has found another job, moreover one which involved singing, her passion. Putting her hands in her pockets to warm them up after placing the bin, she wondered how Bom's crush look like and what kind of outfit she had to wear.

The daydreaming head didn't hear someone approaching her and she jumped up when that same person screamed in her ears : « Lee Hayi ! », followed with loud bursts of laughter.

 

« Jennie ! You scared me ! »

Giggling crazily at her friend's reaction, Jennie took some time to catch her breath, she was so cute her cheeks puffed implying she was mad. Jennie tried to pat her head gently but Hayi avoided her touch.

« Are you really mad ? », asked Jennie surprised, usually Hayi didn't mind.

« No... Not at all, it's just I'm a little tired... », she lied. Actually, she was feeling a bit jealous of the girl because of Hanbin, but not only, she had been thinking about her friendship with Jennie, what she had done for her... Wasn't it going always in the same way whereas it had to be an exchange ?

« Sorry Hayi, I know it's complicated for you to manage both job and school. I'm passing by to cheer you up ! », Jennie smiled. « You have finished if I'm not mistaken, so what about I take you somewhere out to chill ? »

Hayi knew the intention was innocent, but she wasn't in the mood to hang out with her friend. Maybe the resentment she accumulated was the cause of her cold response. Since she came in this city she had to face many hardships and she sensed she was feeling down theses days. At the moment Jennie's efforts seemed useless in front of Hayi's slow depressing train of thougts.

« Hayi ? Are you listening ? »

« Another day... Maybe another day. », she didn't succeed to smile to her friend.

Jennie became worried at Hayi's strange behaviour, she never saw her this unresponsive and cold. It was the first time she saw this side of Hayi, since they met Hayi was always smiling and helping her despite her shy and calm character. They had known each other for some months only it came to Jennie's mind she maybe didn't know the girl as well as she thought.

Hayi couldn't look at her in her eyes, she was ashamed of herself for thinking so badly. They stayed there a moment without saying anything, Jennie's happy energy vanished. Finally, Jennie spoke understanding that Hayi needed some time alone : « Ok, it's no big deal, another day when you're feeling better is alright. »

It relieved Hayi when she saw Jennie walking away waving her hand in a cute manner, she replied to her goodbye as eagerly as she could with her rest of strength. However, the girl clearly understood there was something wrong with Lee Hayi and she was determined to discover what it was.

 

 

His body was aching in pain after his fight with Mino, he could still feel his powerful punch on his cheek, added to the fact the policemen have been heavy-handed whereas he didn't show any sign of rebellion, they did were mad with him. Sitting on the hard and cold floor all the night didn't help him to recover neither. The mighty G-Dragon was in a pitiful state. A sudden disturbing snigger was produced by the broken man. Jiyong was deeply depressed, this was not new, but here it came to its acme. He didn't know if he wanted to continue this ing life, he kept this decrepit façade for so long. Is he even human enough to deserve Youngbae's help ?

Jiyong was now in a room ready to endure the questioning. His mind was a bit confused after reminding himself all the things he could be guilty of. He didn't want to be here, he wanted to flee this place and hide himself forever as a coward.

 

Teddy Park was the police chief of one of Seoul's district, and his city area wasn't exactly a walk in the park. He started at the bottom to patiently climb grades until he became a chief, with his humble background he had no choice but to take the slow path and work harder than the others for his superiors to recognize his merit. However, there was one thing which is not ordinary in his profile : he was a former delinquent. Indeed, in his youth he was part of a gang and did some robbery and mugging, spending his money in pointless things as such as branded clothes and cars, he was fastly reported. Which saved him was a new police program to use the less dangerous prisoners to turn them into informers. Teddy had prooved himself trustworthy and was allowed to pass the police exam. He became an example to people's eyes guiding his life on the right track.

Of course Teddy was aware G-Dragon's doings, the man was on the top list of criminals of the area along with YG. They met one time before on an intervention to catch the crook which has failed. Teddy's team played a major role in GD's case by listing every victim he stripped to make links in order to catch him on the act. What was more vague was his relationship with YG. In any case, thanks to their rivalry they succeed to catch Jiyong.

 

Teddy entered the room with his lieutenant Lydia Paek and a serie of heavy files he landed harshly on the table. Jiyong in his zombie state wasn't reacting anymore. Teddy hit his chair in an attempt to wake him up. Jiyong opened his eyes to show he was listening. Each of them sit down correctly. Finally, everybody was in place to start the interrogation.

« Kwon Jiyong a.k.a. G-Dragon, our famous crook of our beautiful city. », formulated Teddy with sarcasm. « I'll be direct. First, I want you to confess each case of those files as your work. » Jiyong not answering he added : «  And stop your act of the poor despressed guy, you own us after all those years running freely, busy with your . »

Jiyong was aware of everything going in his district and he knew the police teams very well. He was glad to be with chief Teddy, he had some respect for the man despite what oppose them. It gave him some hope for his trial. But considering the files in front of him, he was already having an headache.

« Your chore doesn't end there, the main dish is what you will give us about YG, you know your old friend Yang Hyunsuk. », continued Teddy. « According to what you tell us, you can expect some favor from the justice. »

That was really the moment to tear his hair out.

 

 

An appetizing smell that escaped from one of the restaurants bordering the street was calling out to them. The five young men were exhausted of their day, they spend it on searching one another in the city. Actually, they promised to not use any mean of communication that involved radio waves in case they had their phones tapped, so it had been more difficult than usual to meet. The stress of the recent events didn't allow them to eat properly, here they were reunited but hungry as hell. Their feet had automaticaly lead them to the familiar Deliricious.

 

Seungri and Daesung were chatting around some beer, when they saw the starving boys show up in the restaurant. The dirt and sweat on their faces was enough to understand their motives. They welcomed them to take a seat and Daesung hurried to cook five ramens. The boys thanked him once he served them and started to eat soundly their eyes closed in delight.

The boys were regular customers of Daesung, he was fond of them and regularly make them a price when they were short of money. He didn't know much about them though, even if they talked a lot during their dinners there, he didn't even know if they were still going to school or working. But he didn't mind, he knew that the listening he could give them was already enough.

Seungri was curious about this group of strange boys and what they endure to eat like a horse right now. Taking a closer look at them, he noticed one was injured, very probably during a fight because his bruised cheek was the signature of someone's punch. Daesung on the other hand was worried about their bank account, they looked like some rogues who had been defeated by a rival team. But Daesung had a wild imagination and one of the many aspects he liked as shop owner was to speculate on his customers' daily lives.

 

« Are you alright ? », Seungri could finally asked.

The five heads raised at the same time in his direction, tired but awake enough to listen carefully. One of them spoke, he was Seungyoon kind of the leader of the little group : « Daesung hyung, we own you again tonight, thank you for accepting us this late. », he politely said.

« My pleasure, I just hope you'll not forget to pay a bit of this feast. » Daesung had always been frank, he was a fake shy person.

« Don't worry hyung, we didn't come with empty pockets. », smiled Seungyoon.

Seungri took his chance to put his nose in their business : « So, what did you do to look like this ? »

« We had a marathon in the whole city. », joked Seunghoon, the taller and skinnier of them.

« Actually, we did walk a lot today but not for sports purposes... We couldn't use our phones so we had to meet not knowing where was any of us. », explained Seungyoon.

« It was difficult but we succeed. », noticed Jinwoo positively to cheer up his friends.

« And what happened to this friend ? », asked Seugri pointing at Mino, he was more and more eager to know their story.

« He fighted because he is a pabo. », answered Taehyun. « More, it was useless, the guy is in jail now. », he rubbed it in. Mino had totally fail his revenge, he got more attention than before whereas he should have remain discreet.

« Shut up », Mino said in a low tone, it was not his day.

 

Daesung was teasing a bit these young people when he took a look at the clock and suddenly exclaimed : « It's midnight ! We are late ! »

« Oh  ! », Seungri yelled. « I'm not ready yet, I smelled food and- »

« We don't have the time, we have to leave now ! Boys, I'll ask to finish and leave this place, I've to close because we are expected. »

The boys stood up reluctantly and moved as fast as their muscles allowed them, they were at peace there. Daesung didn't bother to clean the table, it was past midnight and they were supposed to be at the bar at midnight. Everybody set out to the exit of the shop noisily pushing tables and chairs whose were being obstacles.

After closing the shutters, Daesung grabbed the whining Seungri away from the window where he was gazing at his reflection trying to fix a strand of hair. He gave the boys an handshake whereas Seugri was too worried with his outfit to react in time and simply wave his hand at them when Daesung dragged him to his car. The five young men only had the time to mutter a brief goodbye to their saviors and these ones stormed off.

 

 

Bom was excited about tonight, she couldn't even sleep last night. The rehearsal of this afternoon went well but she was still afraid her voice cracked or something of this kind, it had been a long time since she walk on a stage, even a little stage as the one of a bar. She was doing the last adjustments before her stage started when she noticed behind the curtains that several people had started to wait at the bar's entrance. In ten minutes they would be in front of her, watching her siging. Among those people, there will be her friends who support her in the hard moments of her life. She wanted this performance to be perfect to be a thank-you gift to them. More than usual, this very moment she had to mess up nothing.

 

When she went up the stage, she could feel the adrenaline rising up, her heartbeat was crazy and her legs were shivering. She had a lump in when she saw the figure of the microphone in the dark which seem to call her to hurry. Once the welcoming cheer stopped, she placed herself in front of the audience, the mic on her lips ready. The musicians were waiting for her to start. Then, she sang the first notes of her favorite song 'Baby I Miss You'.

As she was siging her voice free herself from the axiety and came to its better intensity and harmony. 'You and I' came after, followed up by 'Missing you', then 'Stay together'. This last song she dedicated it to friendship, to Hayi her lovely cousin, to Dara her trustful friend, to Seunghyun for his recent kindness, to Seungri and Daesung who were always here to help. Friends couldn't see each other often but it didn't mean they were not present if you need them, she could count on them more than she thought and she sweared to herself to be as loyal to us. The songs she chosed were sad but full of hope at the same time, they reflected a part of her. She ended with 'All I want for Christmas is you' to highlight this celebration of love and division.

 

Bom was crying when she exited the stage, she had to restrain her tears, they were waiting for her. They congratulated her in glee, giving her two big bouquets of flower. It was like the best day of her life. The audience seemed satisfied, some people even dance a little, she had shared many glances and moves with the crowd. The boss of the bar came to congratulate her too, saying he didn't regret to sign the contract with her. Many unknown complimented her unique voice, she was happy to hear she was able to communicate some emotions. Bom's heart was fluttering, she had never thought tonight would be this wonderful.

Hayi was about to cry when she saw the joy in her unnie's eyes, she was truly happy for her, she deserved it after her swindle and all her money troubles, in this end of the year she deserved it this very moment of happiness.

Sandara hugged her bestfriend tightly, they missed each other, for three weeks they didn't met. Bom was worried about her friend not having news, maybe something serious had happened, so she was eased to be able to hold her in her arms. Sandara was feeling guilty for keeping secret her situation to her friend, it became another weight on her conscience. Now, she made the most of the night, forget her problems and care about her friends.

Bom hugged everybody in her euphoria, even Youngbae and Chaerin who she was meeting for the first time. When she came to Seunghyun, he whispered to her ear he was proud of her. She blushed because they were really close these days and she surprised herself to think a bit too much about him and a possible common future.

 

People were having a great time, chatting and laughing in the general good mood. It could have last until the morning but the bar had to closed, there was still two days of work before Christmas. In the end, each of them found himself outside the bar on the pavement wearing their big coat and scarfs.

The group of friends were hanging around on the lighted streets not wanting the night to end. Bom ended up asking Daesung and Seungri to bring back Hayi home because tommorow she had school and it was already 1 a.m.. They bid goodbye promising to meet soon.

« Unnie, you are the best, I'm sure it is just the start of it. », said Hayi to her cousin before leaving.

« My cuttie, I love you. Hurry, it's already too late, I'll not be long. », Bom send her away before she could hugged her one more time. This young girl was a pearl she thought, she was so proud of her.

 

There was only Bom, Sandara, Seunghyun, Chaerin and Youngbae left. Bom and Dara ware reminding some old rehearsels they made for fun in their young years, while Seunghyun, Youngbae and Chaerin were talking more seriously about security in the city at night. Everyone was immersed in his words except Sandara who was feeling sick, sick of hiding the truth to her friend. During the years, they always shared everything, the worst in particular because they know they could better fight the hardships together, for two rather than for one. The song her friend sang revived this thought in her. If Bom became aware of her situation, things would only get better, they would be more to face the danger. Of course Youngbae and Seunghyun were essential to solve the threat but morally she needed her friend by her side.

« Bom... »

« Yes Dara ? »

« I've got something really important to tell you... »

« Dara, you're worrying me, you don't look well, you're pale. » Indeed, Sandara had become very pale. Bom wanted to touch her forehead but her friend avoided it.

The three others sensed that the two women weren't following them anymore so they stopped and noticed they were acting strangely behind.

« I investigated about your swindle... »

« You what ?»

« Listen to me, I met your crook because I wanted enough informations to catch him legally and avenge you. But something came up, a bigger criminal... »

« I don't understand... Where did you throw yourself Dara ? You didn't have to do this ! »

« YG... », she pronounced his name with difficulty.

« Who is YG ? »

« The one who is threatening me, he thinks I'll reveal what I saw, that his real business is not the casino... »

Youngbae was afraid of what Sandara was saying. He got the comfirmation when he approached them, she was revealing the affair to her friend. To his opinion, this was putting another person in trouble and they didn't need that, thay were on the weak side.

« Stop ! », he interrupted them.

« But Youngbae she has the right to know ! », Dara protested.

« Yes I have the right to know ! Who is that YG man ? He will not get along with it ! », Bom started to yell, she was out of her mind, Dara had been in danger and they all fooled her !

Seunghyun tried to calm Bom by pulling her arms but it was already too late. Her arm protectively placed around Dara's shoulders, she was glaring at the others accusingly.

« Where is this guy ? I want to see him ! He has to leave my friend alone ! » Then, she turned to Seunghyun : «  You knew it and you said nothing ! »

« Bom, calm down please, we are working on it and your help isn't needed ! »

« What ? You dare saying this ? I can always help my friends ! » Her blood was boiling, she couldn't listen to them, they lied to her. « You were right to alert me. », she said to Dara.

Sandara didn't know what kind of cataclysm she created. Youngbae and Chaerin were on their guards as if Bom would do something crazy. And she did.

 

« Seunghyun, turn on your car and drive me to the casino to meet YG », she ordered. « I'll not let my friend in this state. It's my mistake not hers. »

Everybody was stunned and surprinsingly couldn't move a foot to prevent her to fulfill her plan. Bom was stubborn and Seunghyun knew he couldn't do anything to stop her fury. He nodded to Chaerin and Youngbae who were having a hard time evaluating the situation to let them go. He would improvise on the road. He wished.

 

 

 

******

Back after 7 months with this long chapter which I hope worth the wait of this week (I put a preview), enjoy! I want to thank my subscribers who didn't drop the story and welcome the new ones+++ Please, don't hesitate to comment, I want to know if the story has still something interresting to continue it. To hanhi and daragon shippers: wait for the next chapter, sweet scenes in perspective. Yes, Bom is the wonderwoman:3

Stay tune for the next!

Peace&Love,

-wanderingmood